Updated Cries

ariariadne

formerly Reinfleche
I actually like almost all of them. Pikachu is probably the only one that gets on my nerves, and while some could use work, I think they match the environment of the game better overall. Mewtwo and Hydreigon are probably my favorites- still similar to the old ones but just a touch more menacing.

On a related topic, what are everyone's favorite cries from the new 6th gen Pokemon? Some of my favorites are as follows.

Heliolisk: It rivals Hippopotas's cry for fun and quirkiness.
Dedenne: It sounds so cute and innocent.
Pumpkaboo: It sounds, for lack of a better word, spooky.
Aurorus: Sounds powerful and hauntingly beautiful. Too bad it has horrible defensive typing.

Also, does anyone else think Hawlucha sounds like a squeaky door?

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
No I mean just a freaking bloody scream. That would be awesome <3
Serperior?

Articuno was always one of my fave Gen1 cries. It sounded so refined and regal, but... well, you know:

"Aww Urrr! *THACK*"

And it was even better in stadium. Sounded like a bird, and the last note was turned into an icy "sheer" sound.

I haven't really heard any of the new cries. Gotta look it up...

Serperior?

Articuno was always one of my fave Gen1 cries. It sounded so refined and regal, but... well, you know:

"Aww Urrr! *THACK*"

And it was even better in stadium. Sounded like a bird, and the last note was turned into an icy "sheer" sound.

I haven't really heard any of the new cries. Gotta look it up...
Speaking of Serperior...

If they messed up the cry of my favorite mon, I am gonna be pissed. It does sound like a scream, but I always imagined it to be a scream of... elegance? Regalness? Or something like that. Because when you send it out in BW, the sprite has its "looking down on the peons" look and combined with its cry it's awesome.

So if it's been changed... I'mma gonna choke something. A week away! (I have JP cart lol)

Speaking of Serperior...

If they messed up the cry of my favorite mon, I am gonna be pissed. It does sound like a scream, but I always imagined it to be a scream of... elegance? Regalness? Or something like that. Because when you send it out in BW, the sprite has its "looking down on the peons" look and combined with its cry it's awesome.

So if it's been changed... I'mma gonna choke something. A week away! (I have JP cart lol)
Judging by the treatment most of the cries have been getting, I'm guessing it will have disappointing and unnecessary changes. Hopefully Game Freak will finally have some pity on us Snivy fans. (I'm still mad that they removed Snivy's arms-crossed animation in BW2) They could start by not ruining its cry, and maybe, oh, I don't know, actually releasing Contrary?

Judging by the treatment most of the cries have been getting, I'm guessing it will have disappointing and unnecessary changes. Hopefully Game Freak will finally have some pity on us Snivy fans. (I'm still mad that they removed Snivy's arms-crossed animation in BW2) They could start by not ruining its cry, and maybe, oh, I don't know, actually releasing Contrary?
If they don't release Contrary soon after Bank comes out, I swear, there is some clear favoritism going on here. Release the HAs of the 1st gen and 6th gen starters, give out the most popular 3rd gen starter... and ignore the other starters? They better not.

They did something strange to Meloetta's cry. It sounds all warbly now. Victini on the other hand is all around better. It's actually really cute when it comes out because it falls on its butt first and then stands up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)