UU Cores

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
RD Kingdra + SubCM Raikou + BU Scrafty

RD Kingdra can't truly sweep past bulky waters (although it can kill them it loses power from Draco Meteor) but it kills basically all offensive Pokemons otherwise. The bulky water Kingdra can beat is Swampert which walls Raikou who absolutely messes up all the other bulky waters and can beat all the Grass types one on one. Both are very fast and strong when they set up so they pose a large threat to attacking teams and defensive teams. Except Snorlax and Umbreon completely wall them which is when Scrafty comes in to begin to set up and attack as he always beats those two one on one and can pretty easily counter them as well.

The only problem is the lack of resistances those three have and lack of initial power / speed / both but they lure out perfect times to set up which you can make even more potent by doing a double switch. They also all like to have heavy hazard support to be even scarier.

is there any place where I can look at the metagame? I seriously am only getting cores from this, but I want to know how to make one myself. Everytime I try it ends up sucking. help?

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
is there any place where I can look at the metagame? I seriously am only getting cores from this, but I want to know how to make one myself. Everytime I try it ends up sucking. help?
This isn't really the place to ask questions, people will be very willing to help you here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3469203. When you do post your question, try to make it more clear, it may just be me, but I don't really know what your asking here. Hope I helped! :)

Ok, here's a great defensive FWG core:

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Pain Split
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave

Qwilfish is my physical wall, and sets up spikes. Pain split for healing, and waterfall for damage. T-Wave is changeable, and you can swap Waterfall for Poison jab. With Intimidate and max Def and HP, he can tank hits like there's no tomorrow.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Ferroseed is just my general wall, and can set up hazards. You can mess with the moves, like adding Gyro Ball, or Seed Bomb. He can get damaged, then Leech Seed the damage away with his low HP. However, Grass types give him problems, which leads to the next member:

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Rotom-H is there for nice resistances, and some damage dealing. He gets rid of the pesky Grass types with Overheat, and can burn Physical attackers. Volt Switch can give you the switch advantage, and Pain split is for healing. The moveset is pretty much set in stone, but you could try changing one.

Overall, this epic FWG-Hazard-setting core has great synergy, resisting all 17 types at least once. Good partners include Ghost-types, to spinblock. You should try it!

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Ferroseed is just my general wall, and can set up hazards. You can mess with the moves, like adding Gyro Ball, or Seed Bomb. He can get damaged, then Leech Seed the damage away with his low HP. However, Grass types give him problems, which leads to the next member:
I'd suggest replacing Spikes with Gyro Ball as Qwilfish is also capable of setting it up. Gyro Ball will also prevent Ferroseed from being Taunt-bait and will also let it deal solid damage, if not outright OHKO, to most of UU's offensive Pokemon, such as Tornadus Weavile

An offensive core I've been using for ages-

Flygon @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Raikou @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest / Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]

First thing you'll notice is that these two are a solid VoltTurn core, which is always very helpful. Among the two of them, the only two notable things you don't have a super effective move for are Bronzong, P2, Snorlax, and Cofagrigus (who all wall the hell out of these two, though Cofagrigus can be 2HKO'd by Raikou if it's specs or has some chip damage). One attacks on the physical side of the spectrum while the other is special, so walls can typically only shut down one of them. In addition, many offensive threats can be destroyed by Scarf Raikou and defensive threats by Band Flygon simply due to the surprise factor presented by both. I have difficulty making a team without these two, simply because they're so effective.

A good defensive core I have been seeing a lot more of lately is Gligar and Umbreon. As they both cover most of the others weaknesses barring certain pokemon like hp ice mienshao.

Gligar @ Eviloite
Trait:Immunity
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rocks
-U-Turn/Toxic
-Roost

Umbreon @ Leftovers
-Wish
-Protect
-Heal Bell
-Foul Play

This core fits very easily into many teams and add a spinner such as hitmontop and you can have a solid core that fits onto many teams!

I have an offensive combo that I built my current team on, I haven't seen it used elsewhere: CB Virizion and SubSalac Scolipede:

Virizion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scolipede @ Salac Berry
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide/Aqua Tail/Earthquake/Baton Pass

Basically, Virizion gets tons of chances to switch in, lure in Crobat/Gligar/Roserade/Zapdos and surprise them with a SE coverage move, which allows Scolipede, which is already hard to stop, to sweep unhindered.
Stealth Rocks support is absolutely necessary for this combo to work properly, it ensures the 1HKO on Crobat from Stone Edge and the 2HKO on Gligar from HP Ice. Rhyperior is probably the best for this role, as it can always set up rocks and also switch in on Crobat and Zapdos, while having great synergy with Virizion.

QwilGon

Qwilfish @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

QwilGon is a versatile defensive core discovered by my friend sugarhigh. With Intimidate, Qwilfish has incredible physical walling prowess, and, with Eviolite, Porygon2 has ridiculous bulk on both sides, with an emphasis on Special Defense for the purposes of this core. Retaining aspects of a classic physical/special defensive core, QwilGon brings a number of unique assets to the table. Qwilfish is excellent because, as a bulky water with a Fighting-type resist, he checks both Fighting- and Fire-type attackers, two of the most dangerous types of threats in UU. In addition, he brings his valuable spikes to the table, alongside paralysis support. Porygon2 is so bulky he's almost a one-man core, able to stall out the majority of attackers in UU using Toxic. His walling is not at all limited to special attackers, as most physical attackers struggle tremendously with him as well. The only things that can truly smash through Porygon2's defenses are Fighting-types and high-powered Fire-types like Victini and Darmanitan, two types of threats that Qwilfish manages to contain rather well. Chandelure, the only major Fire-type that's problematic for Qwilfish, happens to be hardwalled by Porygon2 thanks to the ever-useful "Trace". The core's reliance on status means that it struggles with Substitute stat-uppers, especially Raikou. QwilGon's status and hazard support make it a great fit on Balance and Semistall teams.

EVs: Qwilfish's EVs are straightforward, simply seeking to maximize Defense. Porygon2's are more nuanced; the spread gives him a healthy amount of bulk on both sides (with an emphasis on SpD), while making sure to hit a jump point in SpD and keep both the Defense and SpD numbers even in order to maximize the gain from Eviolite (since decimals are truncated off after boosts).

^ that core needs to be used because it's qwilgon jinn.

or perhaps qwilgon 'minn if you decide to opt for a shaymin in there. shaymin resists those problematic ground and electric-type moves and users that qwilfish hates while having its fire and poison weaknesses covered by qwilfish. it also absorbs status thanks to natural cure and can stomach some hits even uninvested - plus, it runs a nice subseed thanks to above-average speed if you'd like, and can smash raikou and many problematic pokemon with the appropriate move due to its good offensive stats and coverage.

Regi-Lia
Registeel
Clear Body
Careful
252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SpD
Stealth Rock
Iron Head
T-Wave
Curse

Cresselia@Leftovers
Levitate
Impish
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
Moonlight
Calm Mind
Ice Beam
Phychic

This core was discovered by me as far as i know. It came with a hyper offence team that need some pivots to switch into. I love pokes that focus on Defence paired with pokes focusing on Special Defence. Covers each others weaknesses perfectly and provide fantastic synergy with almost all teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)