UU Cores

With the exception of Gligar, Toxic ruins your core. Typically if you're going to have a three poke defensive core you want them to have a way to circumvent status.
Thats y Cobalion is a great teammate now you will have to b wary of toxic spikes but good predictions can handle that, you can also use Qwilfish in place of quagsire with 252 hp, 252 def; intimidate; impish; rest, haze, sleep talk, poison jab/waterfall if you are really worried about t-spikes

Then what about Milotic? Milotic will also help with the toxic problem as taking a toxic will activate marvel scale, and it can run a rest to get rid of status, and use either haze or dragon tail to deal with boosting sweepers. Sub DD Scrafty might still be a problem, but you could always run something like Heracross to deal with that.

ss234

bop.
I'd run Qwilfish over Quagsire-it helps counter all the fighting type Pokemon, and has the ever-useful haze to stop the stat uppers like Scrafty. Or you could just run an Imposter Ditto to turn the tables on them and make a reverse sweep.

Then what about Milotic? Milotic will also help with the toxic problem as taking a toxic will activate marvel scale, and it can run a rest to get rid of status, and use either haze or dragon tail to deal with boosting sweepers. Sub DD Scrafty might still be a problem, but you could always run something like Heracross to deal with that.
If you're using Haze then Sub DD Scrafty can't do a thing to Milotic.

http://www.smogon.com/bw/moves/substitute

Haze isn't on the list of moves blocked.

Umbreon+Dusclops

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic/Payback
- Protect

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Umbreon and Dusclops form a very strong defensive core that checks a lot of threats in the metagame right now. These include, but are not limited to, Heracross, Choice Scarf Chandelure, Flygon, Nidoking, Zapdos, Choice Scarf Darmanitan, etc. Umbreon resists the ghost and dark type moves Dusclops is weak to and Dusclops resists the fighting and bug moves Umbreon is weak to. Being a specially defensive Umbreon set, the burns Dusclops provides aid its walling capabilities. Umbreon can also pass wishes to Dusclops and wake it up with heal bell. Toxic from Umbreon also aids Dusclops in stalling pokemon like Darmanitan, Victini, and Milotic. This core is admittedly weak to Scrafty and Specs Chandelure (which can be countered by the rest of the team via Scarf Heracross).

Good core, added.

Looking for some more offensive cores, if at all possible.

Edit: Also, I think I'll add the P2+Gligar+Bulky water core, and give multiple options for the bulky water spot. I'll do it soon, but im tired now.

I am fairly new to UU so feel free to mince or disregard this but what do you guys think of KrookoTres or MoltOdile or whatever you want to call it...

Moltres @ Leftovers/ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash/ Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost/ Flame Charge

Krookodile (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)/ Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge/ Super Power

Im am pretty sure they have unresisted coverage and defensively they are not too bad together sponging of SE moves like rock and electric for Moltres and Fighting and Bug for Krookodile. I have been using them quite successfully and i wanted to share and get an opinion. This core works well with roserade as it nails bulky water, the only real wall to this core (still unresisted) and it can set up t-spikes to soften up enemies

Darmanitan @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Roserade @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid / Modest
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest / Synthesis

Darmanitan rolls everything with LO Flare Blitz except bulky waters, fire-types, and Rhyperior. With prediction, fire-types aren't a problem as you can wreck them with Earthquake. If you predict that they'll come in, U-turn to Roserade, who deals with them accordingly. Roserade also absorbs status for Darmanitan and can get him free switch-ins (which are important) with Sleep Powder. Giga Drain as opposed to Leaf Storm is reliable and offers recovery, as well as still outputting enough damage to break through Slowbro and Swampert. Nevertheless, the damage from Leaf Storm is often too good to pass up, especially given that, should you be using a core like this, your team leans on the offensive side.

Roserade @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Timid / Modest
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest / Synthesis
I'm assuming you mean 252 Speed.

In any case I'd certainly say Rest over Synthesis if you're using Leaf Storm, given that means you're not planning on staying in too long anyway. But yeah obviously both are viable.

I'd suggest Giga Drain as a weaker alternative to Leaf Storm if you want Roserade to stay in a bit longer. Not only does it not reduce her special attack but it heals her up. Plus it still 1HKOs the likes of Slowbro.

For a third partner to clean up the pieces and deal with scarfers I'd recommend DD Kingdra. Nice Grass/Fire/Water offense, plus Kingdra appreciates those two getting rid of steels and bulky waters.

Good catch on the EVs. Anyway, I thought I typed a sentence explaining that Giga Drain's use as a weaker alternative to Leaf Storm, though evidently I haven't. As for the Kingdra part, I would consider it as an auxiliary piece and not part of the core because it usually doesn't come out until late game, compared to the members of the core applying constant pressure throughout the game.

While this sounds great on paper, any offensive pokemon with EdgeQuake (or Fighting/Rock) is going to give you some trouble.

For a third member to this core (or a replacement for Zapdos if you don't have room) I would suggest Weezing. Immunity to ground, resistance to fighting without a rock weakness. Capable of spreading more status, clearing out boosts with haze or clear smog and healing/damaging with Pain Split. Specific threats Weezing deals with better than Zapdos include Machamp, Swampert, Heracross, Snorlax, Durant, Mienshao and Scrafty.

A spinner is also mandatory for this to function as a core; not so with Weezing replacing Zapdos.
Generally any pokemon able to use Edgequake is also weak to one of their moves. I've never encountered any problem with Edgequake, especially considering I tend to outspeed them anyways.

I've always liked Weezing, but I forgot to slash in the fact that I run Hidden Power Flying which deals with every single one of those guys except Snorlax and Swampert. Durant isn't a problem considering he can not switch into either of them due to his crappy special defense.

Weezing @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split
- Stockpile/Haze
- Will-O-Wisp

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Payback
- Protect

Kingdra @ Chesto Berry/Lum Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 168 HP / 164 Atk / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Adamant
- Rest
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Rest / Synthesis
I think you meant waterfall lol

I have been using a Roserade/Darmanitan core for a while now, and it's been great for me. For the third member I use Blastoise (the rapid spin support is great for Darmanitan, since rocks do 25% damage) and I have a Kingdra too, more as a late game sweeper.

I find that Blastoise synergies well with Roserade, being a good switch-in to most of its counters and the rapid spin helps Darmanitan a lot. I also have roar to rack up the spikes damage and spread toxic around the enemy team with Roserade's toxic spikes. Blastoise gives the core some great defensive support imo.

ss234

bop.
I'd just like to say that Specs Zoroark with Trick makes a much better partner to Heracross, since it can Trick it's Specs to a wall, or just hit Hera's counters hard.

Durant-252att / 252spe-Jolly-Life Orb-Hustle

-Hone Claws
-Iron Head / Superpower
-Rock Slide
-X-Scissor

Chandelure-252sp.att / 252spe-Modest-Choice Specs

-Shadow Ball
-Fire Blast
-Energy Ball
-HP Fighting

Suicune-32hp / 252sp.att / 224spe-Timid-Leftovers

-Calm Mind
-Roar
-Surf
-Hidden Power Electric / Ice Beam

This core is based around Durant, who synergises incredibly well with Chandelure. Chandy can come in on fire type moves thanks to Flash Fire, and seriously injure the mon that is coming in next.

Durant brings with him some serious fire power, 2HKOing even Gligar after SR and a Hone Claws. Snorlax is easily dealt with as well-so is Umbreon and Porygon2-Chandelure's biggest counters. All 2HKO'd. Durant's counters, like Dusclops, are dealt with through Chandelure, and Flash Fire absorbs Will-O-Wisps aimed at Durant.

One thing they both struggle with though is powerful hits. Suicune provides some good bulk and deadly sweeping capabilities with Calm Mind and Roar, as well as being a good general tank, in comparison to Chandelure's paper thin defenses and Durant's ridiculously low special bulk. Suicune can also weaken physical walls for Durant, like Gligar and Cofagrigus, while both Durant and Chandelure can destroy Roserade-one of Suicune's top counters. Suicune also takes care of Nidoqueen-who is another top check for Durant.

This core is ruined a little bit by Raikou though, so Rhyperior or Snorlax or Swampert(although he doesn't synergise that nicely with Suicune)will work nicely on the team. Two of these can give SR support, and one can tank special hits(using both Rhyperior and Snorlax on the same team is never a bad idea-Raikou is a major threat).

As a new player of UU, I am interested in the Zozoark/Heracross core. What would be good team mates in order to help this core? I am interested in building a team with this core. Would this core, function well if I threw in one of these defensive cores? Just wondering.

Actually, theres a really good RMT thats up now that uses that core to its fullest effect, it can be found here. An adaption of that team will most likely be the best way to use the core.

This defensive core I have found to be very useful.

Arcanine@leftovers
Ability intimidate
Nature impish
Evs 252 hp 252 def 4 spD
Flare Blitz
Will o wisp
Extremespeed
Morning sun

Hitmontop@leftovers
Ability Intimidate
Nature Impish
Evs 252 hp 252 def 4 spD
Rapid Spin
Close Combat
Bulk Up
Sucker Punch

Registeel@leftovers
Ability Clear Body
Nature Careful
Evs 252 hp 252 spD 4 D
Thunder Wave
Iron Head
Stealth Rocks
Curse

This defensive core is very effective. You get stealth rocks, t wave, double intimidate and will o wisp AND rapid spin, as well as great coverage. You might be weak to ground type moves but the intimidates really wither them down to mediocre damage. Hardly anything can slip through this core.

I'm pretty new to the whole BW era UU (Played back in DPP) I was just wondering, what good teamates would go with the Empoleon/Zapdos core. Thanks guys :)

Flygon is a good teammate as it can resist stone edge AND Is immune to eq so it gets rid of the edgequake weakness

I have a core that i do pretty well with. but before i start want to say that i am a new battler and am not the best, so no hate please. It is a simple FWG core.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch

So First we have Arcanine, the fast heavy hitting Fire type. Flare Blitz takes down Grass,Ice,Bug, and Steel and Can OHKO a lot with the Life orb. CC Takes out Normal, Ice, Rock, Dark, and Steel. ESpeed is for finishing off foes with low health, or for revenge killing. And lastly Crunch is for the Psychic and Ghost. Crunch also helps with Slowbro.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spd / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk
- Aqua Jet
- Double-Edge
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

I have had trouble with finding a good water core :P.But Azumarill fits well because he is a powerhouse. But Aqua Jet is for the priority move and STAB. Double-Edge is for the big damage Waterfall for the STAB and ice punch to take out Flying, Grass, Ground, and Dragon.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 68 SAtk / 188 Spd
Timid Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Now for my favorite. Shaymin has saved me many times with leech seed and protect for a "stall" Seed Flare for the STAB and HP Fire to take out fellow Grass types.

I'm quite new and inexperienced with BW2 UU metagame (5th gen UU to be exact, since I played UU DPP) and this thread is a GODSEND. I was wondering, what would be great teammates for the offensive core of Kingdra, Roserade and Darmanitan. I'm also using eviolite gligar for Heracross and flygon. Any advice is well appreciated :) Thank you

I'm quite new and inexperienced with BW2 UU metagame (5th gen UU to be exact, since I played UU DPP) and this thread is a GODSEND. I was wondering, what would be great teammates for the offensive core of Kingdra, Roserade and Darmanitan. I'm also using eviolite gligar for Heracross and flygon. Any advice is well appreciated :) Thank you
I think i can help as i used that core earlier :)
Heres the team i used with that:

Dual Handjobs xD (Ambipom) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Pursuit
- Return
- U-turn

IlikePranks (Sableye) @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Foul Play

Shofu (: (Darmanitan) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Flower Power (Roserade) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Haydunn (Kingdra) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sniper
EVs: 168 HP / 164 Atk / 4 SDef / 172 Spd
- Rest
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall

IGotzDAClaws (Armaldo) @ Leftovers
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 4 Def / 128 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin
- X-Scissor

Armaldo is iffy. I need a good spinner and i was testing him. Hope i helped Kim :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)