UU Simple Questions Thread

It has issues against the faster Scarfers (especially Hydreigon), but if you can get rid of them early it's fairly potent against Offense.

I will, however, warn you that Salamence is looking to drop and Ampharos is nothing more than Moxie food for Scarf Salamence.

If I want to use a scarfed Porygon-Z, should I usually prefer adaptability or download as ability?
Adaptability is the more reliable option since pretty much anything with matched defence and special defence will run an extra point on special defence to make sure any porygon won't get the right boost when they come in.

Empress

Don't waffle or you'll get pancaked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was told that you guys plan to return to suspect tests instead of council votes soon. Is that true? If so, what will we be suspecting?

Not sure if victim of week already had it but wat are some Serperior counters? Dont be afraid to say niche stuff like sap sipper miltank but viability in the tier is definitely a valuable consideration

The easiest answers are Crobat, which 4x resists Leaf Storm so it can pretty much always switch into it and then outspeed and kill, and Goodra which is a bit more niche but with Sap Sipper it will always deny Serperior the chance to boost and even if it's running Life Orb Dragon Pulse (people are rapidly shying away from both of those things) it's only a 5hko from full health.

There are plenty of other viable things that 4x resist grass or that can eat an unboosted Leaf Storm (off of 75 SpA it's not THAT strong without the first boost) and then kill it.

So I've been looking for it, but I can't find an order for the planned BL retests. Am I missing it or does such a list not exist? If it doesn't exist, does anyone have any idea when they will retest Crawdaunt?

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So I've been looking for it, but I can't find an order for the planned BL retests. Am I missing it or does such a list not exist? If it doesn't exist, does anyone have any idea when they will retest Crawdaunt?
Crawdaunt has already been retested and banned. In the future, if the council feels it should be suspected, they will do do.

Crawdaunt has already been retested and banned. In the future, if the council feels it should be suspected, they will do do.
I remember crawdant being RU once, how times changed right?I wonder WHY did he raise to BL??.Also, can Darmanitan use Zen ability ?, can he transform in battle?

I remember crawdant being RU once, how times changed right?I wonder WHY did he raise to BL??.Also, can Darmanitan use Zen ability ?, can he transform in battle?
Yes, Darmanitan can use Zen Mode in battle, once it reaches 50% HP it changes form, and will revert back when above 50%.

I personally have found a way to make it work too. Just a lot of people hate me for it.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tiers are A) based on usage and B) crawdaunt was deemed too strong for UU and was banned (for the record it received the knock off buff and Crabhammer for a slight boost. Also Zen Darmanitan does transform in battle but it isn't viable.
Yes, Darmanitan can use Zen Mode in battle, once it reaches 50% HP it changes form, and will revert back when above 50%.

I personally have found a way to make it work too. Just a lot of people hate me for it.
Show us a replay of it putting in work against a half decent player and we'll believe you but until then it sucks.

Tiers are A) based on usage and B) crawdaunt was deemed too strong for UU and was banned (for the record it received the knock off buff and Crabhammer for a slight boost. Also Zen Darmanitan does transform in battle but it isn't viable.

Show us a replay of it putting in work against a half decent player and we'll believe you but until then it sucks.
That's what's called an opinion, thank you very much.

Everyone in the world can THINK it sucks, while I make it work because I thought hard about it, and made a surprisingly decent strategy.

And because that strategy works, I use it. And I win.

I don't care about how you hate it, I just don't want you to hate me for using it. I can use what i want.

If it's such a decent strategy then surely you have replays of games showcasing that? We'd all like to be enlightened if our experiences are wrong.
I don't care what you think about it. I just don't want hate for using it.

Plus all my times using it are in-game sooo....

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Crawdaunt was RU in gen 5, during XY Crawdaunt received two huge buffs, the first being access to Aqua Jet so it was no longer dead weight against offense (it wasn't even that good in RU in gen 5 because it was dead weight against 70% of teams) and it also benefited from the Knock Off buff which gave it a much stronger Dark-type STAB (before it was relying on Crunch) and also gave it made it much harder to counter as no Pokemon likes to lose their item. Because Crawdaunt got much better against both defensive teams and more importantly offensive teams, it had enough usage to be UU, however it was deemed to strong for the tier and banned to BL because its Adaptability boosted Knock Off and Aqua Jet.

lol @ zen mode darm

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't care what you think about it. I just don't want hate for using it.

Plus all my times using it are in-game sooo....
People are giving you hate for it because it is objectively a bad set to use. The problem is that you think you are always right and are completely ignoring the logic of others, which is a terrible thing to do. I know I am not always right, nor is anyone on the entire planet always right for that matter. We are people, we make mistakes.

It is a general rule of thumb that in order for an unheard of set to be proven good, there has to be empirical evidence in battle. If you don't want hate for using zen mode darm, just stop talking about it because you specifically have brought it up multiple times.

We're not telling you that you shouldn't use it, you can use whatever you want, but to tell us that it is good and have nothing to back it up is silly.

In game stuff is pretty irrelevant here, if you really care that much go to the Orange Islands or Wifi subforum.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)