XY UU UU team: the frog and the dragon

Hello! I was playing UU with one of my old teams and I was bored of CroCune and blastoise, so I built a team with counters of a lot of pokemons. Here its the team:
=== The frog and the dragon ===

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch

My main sweeper. Dry skin to counter suicune and almost blastoise. Why almost? Because without the assault vest we can´t get ice beam and dragon pulse that easy. The thing we need to do with this is come in against a water type attack, do swords dance and sweep. After a SD you can kill blissey with drain punch, florges with poison jab... Breaks the special walls but stuff like donphan, aggron or hippowdon. 136 evs on speed to outspeed unimbested base 100 like defensive shaymin or jirachi and 120 on HP so we are bulkier and 252 on attack because we dont need more speed or bulk.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf/ Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn/Flash cannon
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse

My special sweeper. Draco meteor to hit almost everything, u- turn to keep the momentum in the battle or flash canon to hit florges. Fire blast only for forrestres and stuff weak to fire and dark pulse because is stab. You can run scarf or specs. I prefer scarf because this team needs speed, but specs is powerfull. Depends on what you like.

Arcanine @ Assault Vest/ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
This was going to be banded victiny, but now victiny is BL. I though darmanitan was good but I need some bulk, an electric/grass type move and priority and arcanine is a very complete pokemon that completes the offensive corre.
The only things that can wall this corre are porygon 2 and milotic.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Why defensive blastoise? Because I need something to stop the fire types like entei and darmanitan. Very good bulk and coverage and its the spinner of the team. Ice beam over dragon pulse because I need an ice type move and dark pulse over aura sphere to hit ghost types. Scald over water pulse because this is defensive blastoise, but still does good damege with mega launcher extra damage.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast

The ``specially defensive´´ of the team. I need a fairy type for hydregon and scrafty. Very standard with a very simply EV spread. Energy ball because other way I cant kill swampert and quagsire.
Good sinergy with forrestres and blastoise.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Toxic/ Gyro ball
- Volt Switch

Classic forrestres, physically defensive because other way I cant stop haxorus. Save switch for it because it´s immune to poison jab. Stealth rock and spikes because spikes help toxicrak and hydregon sweep. Volt switch to complete the volt turn corre with hydregon. I use toxic over gyro ball because I can toxic leads like swampert, quagsire or donphan and gyro ball if you want to hit stuff like absol.

This team is very good but I missed some things when i was building it:
- Knock off. I can´t knock off eviolites, and thats very bad in UU with porygon 2 going around there.
- A check for jirachi
- Mega aggron shit on my sweepers
- Check for smeargle
- Check for milotic
- Kill tentacruel is very difficult

Hope you guys rate the team and gime me advice to improve the team, see ya!!

Last edited:
Okay i'll drop you a quick rate since it's late. The first change that needs to happen imo is changing Arcanine's item from Assault Vest to Life Orb and adding Morning Sun over Wild Charge. This will you give you a much needed boost in power whilst also giving you the option to heal back any HP you may lost due to recoil and losing Wild Charge doesn't seem like it matters much honestly since Toxicroak and Florges let you easily switch in on the relevant Bulky Water types in the tier almost freely anyway. I also want to suggest that you try out a more offensive spread on Blastoise as it's best asset is the ability to blow right past the Ghost types in the tier to allow you to Rapid Spin but sadly with a defensive spread it just fails to do so.

Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam / Dragon Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Arcanine @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Morning Sun

If you have any questions feel free to post away, I'll be happy to go into more detail after I get some sleep.

Okay i'll drop you a quick rate since it's late. The first change that needs to happen imo is changing Arcanine's item from Assault Vest to Life Orb and adding Morning Sun over Wild Charge. This will you give you a much needed boost in power whilst also giving you the option to heal back any HP you may lost due to recoil and losing Wild Charge doesn't seem like it matters much honestly since Toxicroak and Florges let you easily switch in on the relevant Bulky Water types in the tier almost freely anyway. I also want to suggest that you try out a more offensive spread on Blastoise as it's best asset is the ability to blow right past the Ghost types in the tier to allow you to Rapid Spin but sadly with a defensive spread it just fails to do so.

Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam / Dragon Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Arcanine @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Morning Sun

If you have any questions feel free to post away, I'll be happy to go into more detail after I get some sleep.
Thanks!
I´ll try the life orb arcanine but I think defensive blastoise is better because other way darmanitan will destroy my team.
See you!!

1) if you hate smeargle, gove forry focus sash and ability overcoat
2) replace croak with sd virizion

Virizion @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

3) give arcanine life orb, replace espeed with morning sun, keep everything else
4) aura sphere blastoise for aggron, the spread should be 236 Def / 252 SpA / 20 Spe, eith Bold or Modest Nature

be back later :)

1) if you hate smeargle, gove forry focus sash and ability overcoat
2) replace croak with sd virizion

Virizion @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

3) give arcanine life orb, replace espeed with morning sun, keep everything else
4) aura sphere blastoise for aggron, the spread should be 236 Def / 252 SpA / 20 Spe, eith Bold or Modest Nature

be back later :)
I can kill aggron with hydreigon, and if i change toxicrak for virizion florges will fuck me up.
Thanks anyways!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)