UU Threat List

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@above, just saying, an Arcanine Wild Bolt (110*90) does ~31% to a Milotic so Houndooms Thunder Fang (65*90) isnt coming close to getting past bulky waters.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Dusclops would need to more than double its usage to get into OU.

The only OU Evioliter is Porygon2, and that only barely got in by hundredths of a percent in usage.

Unless Grey/other games severely change the ballgame of the metagame and make Ghosts viable again, I think its safe to say Dusclops will never be OU this Gen.

Heracross's other flaws include subpar def and sp. def, so he will get warn out after several switches. .
His Sp. Defence actually isn't terrible. it's a base 95. I wouldn't run Night slash on him either. Stab Megahorn/CC does more damage that a super effective Night Slash(pre crit). I like Pursuit more imo.

Dusclops would need to more than double its usage to get into OU.

The only OU Evioliter is Porygon2, and that only barely got in by hundredths of a percent in usage.

Unless Grey/other games severely change the ballgame of the metagame and make Ghosts viable again, I think its safe to say Dusclops will never be OU this Gen.
Even if Dusclops was close to OU, there would still be no reason not to use it while you can.

staraptor is pretty cool and nobody is using it when they really should be so i might as well wank over it.

Staraptor
Normal/Flying
85 HP / 120 Atk / 70 Def / 50 SAtk / 50 SDef / 100 Spe
Staraptor's brilliant attack stat and new Dream World ability, Reckless, allow it to become an incredibly menacing Choice Band / Scarf user, capable of firing off STAB Brave Birds and Double-Edges with Close Combat to cover Steel and Rock types. Its ridiculously powerful attacks are complemented by U-turn, which it can use to avoid and wear down any possible counters. However, its weakness to Stealth Rock along with its mediocre defenses and recoil damage mean it has a lot of difficulty switching in multiple times.

Jolteon
65 HP / 65 Atk / 60 Def / 110 SpA / 95 SpD / 130 Spe
The second Eevee evolution, and the fastest one to boot. Jolteon boasts an impressive 110 Special Attack alongside a phenomenal 130 Speed, making it one of the fastest Pokemon in UU, unmatched by all but Aerodactyl and Crobat. Volt Absorb ensures that Jolteon's Speed will never be crippled by a passing Thunder Wave, which is great considering it takes hits like a wet paper bag. Gen V also gave Jolteon a new toy to play with in the form of Volt Switch, a 70 base power move that has the effect of U-turn. Choice Specs is a common, powerful set for Jolteon since it has no other way to boost its SpA, beyond Work Up and Charge Beam. Jolteon is stopped dead by Chansey, which can easily take any and all of its attacks. Snorlax is also a moderate problem with its high HP and SpD stats, acting as a more offensive Chansey. Usually, one good hit to Jolteon's physical defense will put it down for the count, so Priority attacks are a problem for its sweep as well.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Espeon
65 hp / 65 atk / 60 def / 130 spA / 95 spD / 110 spe
The second fastest Eevee evolution also boasts the highest special attack of the line. It possesses an impressive ability in Magic Mirror which allows it to reflect status, hazards, taunt and practically any non-damaging, non self-boosting move. With the advent of this ability Espeon can find itself frequently switching into common entry hazard layers and Chansey, who, ironically, cannot do anything to Espeon provided it carries wish. Despite its new ability, Espeon is still physically frail (and not even that bulky on the special side), calm mind can be used to remedy this. It is, however, still prone to dying to any stab physical attack, especially pursuit carriers, a special mention goes to spiritomb and houndoom as their dark typing blocks any attempts at a mono-attacking espeon set (they also may carry sucker punch for those with auxiliary attacks). Espeon can be used from anything to Calm Mind / Substitute passing, dual screening, boosting sweeper or a choiced attacker; don't underestimate it.

@ Poppycock

Espeon doesn't have SP Def. It's 95.

@ Forte.EXE and Poppycock

Maybe add his weakness against pursuittrappers with some good bulk on the special side.

Arcanine
90 HP / 110 Atk / 80 Def / 100 SpA / 80 SpD / 95 Spe
Arcanine is a veteran of UU. It has proven itself time and again to be competitively viable in the environment and this gen should prove to be no exception. Its physical sets have gotten even stronger with new moves in Close Combat and Wild Charge and the new permasun brought by Vulpix. Its bulk has also seen an upgrade because of permasun as Morning Sun will now heal 66% instead of 50%, giving bulky Arcanine a reason to be used in the sun as well.

However, Arcanine still has disadvantages. It is hit by both Spikes and Toxic Spikes, as well as being hit for 25% by Stealth Rock. It also has to compete as aFire-type on sun teams as there are many other Pokemon that are also good for the position. Finally, 90 / 80 / 80 is average bulk in the eyes of the UU metagame and the power creep may prove too much to Arcanine with this bulk. Its typing doesn't help it much either giving it few resistances and common weaknesses. However, when you get past these small problems you'll see a brilliant Pokemon who's only ever gotten better as time passes on. Arcanine is perfectly viable with the right support.

Jolteon
65 HP / 65 Atk / 60 Def / 110 SpA / 95 SpD / 130 Spe
The second Eevee evolution, and the fastest one to boot. Jolteon boasts an impressive 110 Special Attack alongside a phenomenal 130 Speed, making it one of the fastest Pokemon in UU, unmatched by all but Aerodactyl and Crobat. Volt Absorb ensures that Jolteon's Speed will never be crippled by a passing Thunder Wave, which is great considering it takes hits like a wet paper bag. Gen V also gave Jolteon a new toy to play with in the form of Volt Switch, a 70 base power move that has the effect of U-turn. Choice Specs is a common, powerful set for Jolteon since it has no other way to boost its SpA, beyond Work Up and Charge Beam. Jolteon is stopped dead by Chansey, which can easily take any and all of its attacks. Snorlax is also a moderate problem with its high HP and SpD stats, acting as a more offensive Chansey. Usually, one good hit to Jolteon's physical defense will put it down for the count, so Priority attacks are a problem for its sweep as well.
Electrode and Ninjask also outspeed Jolteon in UU.

Am I allowed to grammar check some of these entries? I noticed a few mistakes in the Arcanine one so I figured I'd go through some of the others and fix 'em up.

Arcanine
90 HP / 110 Atk / 80 Def / 100 SpA / 80 SpD / 95 Spe
Arcanine is a veteran of UU. It has proven itself time and again to be competitively viable in the environment and this gen should prove to be no exception. Its physical sets have gotten even stronger with new moves in Close Combat and Wild Charge and the new permasun brought by Vulpix. Its bulk has also seen an upgrade because of permasun as Morning Sun will now heal 66% instead of 50%, giving bulky Arcanine a reason to be used in the sun as well.

However, Arcanine still has disadvantages. It is hit by both Spikes and Toxic Spikes, as well as being hit for 25% by Stealth Rock. It also has to compete as a Fire-type on sun teams as there are many other Pokemon that are also good for the position. Finally, 90 / 80 / 80 is average bulk in the eyes of the UU metagame and the power creep may prove too much to Arcanine with this bulk. Its typing doesn't help it much either giving it few resistances and common weaknesses. However, when you get past these small problems you'll see a brilliant Pokemon who's only ever gotten better as time passes on. Arcanine is perfectly viable with the right support.
Changes in bold. I'm mostly just doing this out of boredom so...lol. Sorry if this isn't allowed.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well technically unmatched means not equal, saying nothing of being beaten.

@ c-k, grammar checking would be awesome, go for it.

Am I allowed to grammar check some of these entries? I noticed a few mistakes in the Arcanine one so I figured I'd go through some of the others and fix 'em up.
It's fine by me. I don't pay very much attention to my grammer and truth be told I was kinda expecting someone to fix it lolz.

Will do!

Escavalier
Bug/Steel
70 HP / 135 Atk / 105 Def / 65 SpA / 105 SpD / 20 Spe
With 135 Base Attack, 120 Base Power STAB, resistance to common attacking types, only one weakness and immunity to Toxic Spikes, Escavalier makes a powerful bulky Swords Dancer or Choice Band user. Megahorn gets decent coverage in UU, denting several prominent threats. However, lack of good coverage hurts Escavalier's success; with only Return and Iron Head as alternatives to Megahorn, he can get walled quite easily. Almost anything with a Fire-type move will OHKO him, and he loathes Burn.

Aerodactyl
Rock / Flying
80 HP / 105 Atk / 65 Def / 60 SpA / 75 SpD / 130 Spe
As if paying homage to his glory days, Aerodactyl has established itself as a powerful Choice Band user. With a blistering 130 base Speed, it can outpace almost the entire unboosted tier. Stone Edge and Earthquake work amazingly, hitting just about everything neutrally. Double-Edge scores a 2HKO on Hitmontop and Aerodactyl receives no recoil thanks to Rock Head. Ice Fang hits Flygon for an OHKO. Stealth Rock and Choice Scarf users are major thorns in Aerodactyl's side. Mamoswine can threaten Aerodactyl with STAB Ice Shard.
The Choice Bander thing was sort of bothering me so I changed that, hope it's alright.

Flygon
Ground/Dragon
80 HP / 100 Atk / 80 Def / 80 SpA / 80 SpD / 100 Spe
As the fastest Dragon-type in UU, Flygon has a great niche as a revenge killer with great 100 Speed and 100 Attack. It also works well with its wide movepool including STAB Outrage and Earthquake, Fire Blast, Fire Punch and Stone Edge. It gets U-turn as well, something no other Dragon-type in UU can claim. Thanks to its fantastic typing in combination with the ability Levitate, Flygon is immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes and resistant to Stealth Rock. Flygon is an effective scout and revenge killer with Choice Scarf or a powerful Choice Band user. Flygon needs to be wary around Ice Shard users though, such as Mamoswine and Weavile. Choice Scarf Flygon lacks raw power, so sturdy walls like Slowbro and Chansey can hold it off.

Heracross
Bug / Fighting
80 HP / 125 Atk / 75 Def / 40 SpA / 95 SpD / 85 Spe
Heracross has one of the highest base Attack stats in the entire UU metagame. He can run a Scarf set, a status orb set, and has access to the less common Bulk Up and Swords Dance. Very few Pokemon can wall him successfully. With a Choice Scarf, he outspeeds every unboosted pokemon in the game minus Ninjask and Jolly Accelgor. His ability to absorb Toxic or Will-o-Wisp and turn it into raw power may be his best ability. Some of the best Pokemon to counter him include Nidoking, who resists both of Heracross's STABs, but has to be wary of the rare Earthquake. Cofagrigus is also a good stop to him, since it can take a Night Slash really well. Any Scarf user faster than Heracross can revenge it easily as well.

Heracross's other flaws include subpar Defense, so he will get worn out after several switches. The Scarf set can also be lured into Megahorn by a Psychic-type, only to get walled hard by the likes of Excavalier or Cobalion and set up on by the latter.

Just thought I'd put one in for Suicune.

Suicune
100 HP / 75 Atk / 115 Def / 90 SpA / 115 SpD / 85 Spe
Suicune is a classic Bulky Water and a new contender this generation in UU. Fantastic defensive stats on both ends backed by a solid defensive typing means that Suicune isn't easily taken down. Resistance to types like Ice and Fire means that Suicune provides a solid switch in to UU powerhouses like Kyurem and Victini. With the new addition of Scald, many physical attackers such as Escavalier have to be wary of picking up a Burn. Suicune can also go on the offensive with its classic Calm Mind set, turning it into a near-unstoppable destructive force.

Despite all these strong suits, Suicune has aged somewhat poorly. It still doesn't have access to recovery moves outside of Rest, and its small movepool is highly predictable. Furthermore, accidentally burning a Heracross with Scald can put Suicune in a highly undesirable situation. The fact that permanent rain is unavailable in UU also is a pain for Suicune, as in Sandstorm Rock-type foes will more easily weather Suicune's attacks, while in Sun Scald's power is reduced.

I'm going to reserve Entei, despite him being absent from the list. Going to be testing him later, I think he has a lot of potential.

In addition, I think I might have found a use for Regigigas in this tier.

Bisharp
65 HP / 125 Atk / 100 Def / 60 SpA / 70 SpD / 70 Spe
Bisharp is a lethal Pokemon in the right hands of a player, sporting a nice attack stat and the right tools to abuse it, notably Swords Dance and Sucker Punch. One notable charm of using Bisharp over other dark types like Absol, Honchkrow, or Weavile is its unique typing of Dark/Steel, which gives Bisharp a notable number of resistances that helps promote safer switch-ins, and the scarcely distributed ability Defiant which makes Intimidate and random stat drops less of a hassle. Bisharp also packs some interesting support moves like Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock which, while not practical, does allow Bisharp a niche in the support area to an extent.

Bisharp has it's hinders, notably its typing giving some nasty weaknesses; especially that 4x weakness to Fighting. It's also packs a somewhat unimpressive speed stat and underwhelming defenses barring its decent defense. Finally Bisharp requires a fair amount of prediction to use its moves like Sucker Punch and Pursuit effectively, and Fighting types like Heracross makes its life miserable. However, Bisharp is still a very impressive Pokemon to use and is one of the best revenge killers among Psychic types and Ghost types in UU.

Entei

HP 115 / Atk 115 / Def 85 / SpA 90 / SpD 75 / Spe 100
Compare to:
HP 90 / Atk 110 / Def 85 / SpA 100 / SpD 80 / Spe 95
Observation: Entei has quite a bit more bulk, slightly more attack and speed, but lower special attack.

Entei is often seen as an inferior Arcanine, largely in part due to a poor movepool, lack of a physical Fire move stronger than Fire Fang, and less ability to go mixed. However, since getting Flare Blitz and Extremespeed in Generation 4, Entei has been crawling his way back up. Entei has a fairly large utility as a Calm Mind Sun sweeper. With fairly good Speed, he can outpace a number of threats. In addition, the option of a Scarf Eruption set is there, although it is largely outclassed by Typhlosion.
A physical set can pack Stone Edge, Flare Blitz, and Extremespeed, posing a major threat to a number of things, such as Kyurem. If you worry about SE's poor accuracy, consider Iron Head, though you may easily miss the crucial OHKO or 2HKO on Kyurem. While Arcanine may be worried about a speed tie to beat Kyurem, Entei simply outpaces it, even with the handicap of being locked to Adamant. Having more bulk than Arcanine allows it to weather hits much better, and it can set up Reflect, making it much harder to kill a physically bulky Entei. Entei is not something to be taken lightly as an inferior Arcanine, higher attack and speed, more bulk, and access to Calm Mind give a reason to use it over Arcanine. It remains to be seen whether Entei will have its turn in the sun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)