UU Throughout the Ages Tournament- Round 3 (July 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Approved by the Earthen Worm
Tournaments Forum Rules

The UU Tier has undergone numerous changes over the years since the beginning of the 4th Generation. Numerous policy changes, bans, and strategy changes have constantly reshaped the UU metagame. This tournament will explore the UU metagame from its beginning (a.k.a. Old UU) to the recent Heracross drop (September 2010). Each round will explore a different UU metagame after each tiering change in chronological order. The metagames are January 2009, Old UU, July 2009, October 2009, January 2010, May 2010.

This round's metagame is July 2009. This is the after all the freaky tier changes and BL merge and Old UU and all that, so there shouldn't be as much confusion. I'm not sure how I can screw this round up, but I still might. Any problems? PM me.

Rules:
Species Clause
Classic Sleep Clause
OHKO Clause
Classic Freeze Clause
Strict Damage Clause (if played on Shoddy, PO has this already)
Evasion Clause
Self-KO Clause (this will be implemented because it was not deemed uncompetitive until December 2010.)
Single Elimination, but with 3-person round robin finals
HGSS moves are NOT allowed until they have been released (they will be allowed from October 2009 metagame onwards).

Helpful Links

The Smog's article on the history of the UU metagame. The July 2009 metagame was called "Higher Ground".

Banlists and Pokemon and such:
Here is the UU List for July 2009: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57836
Jabba's 'np thread': http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58917. NOTE: THIS POST WAS FROM JULY 28th. THE UU LIST IS THE OFFICIAL BANLIST.
Pokemon currently in UU or BL that are not allowed yet: Alakazam, Rhyperior, Umbreon, Froslass, Raikou, Honchkrow, Cresselia, Porygon-Z, Heracross
Pokemon not allowed in this metagame or future metagames: Abomasnow, Gallade, Smeargle, Staraptor, Crobat, Shaymin
Pokemon in OU now that are allowed: Roserade

The extension deadline is Friday, January 28th @ 11:15:59 PM. If you cannot complete your extension match by then, I will take action. If you know you cannot complete it, you should activity post to be safe.

The Round Three deadline is Friday, February 4th @ 11:59:59 PM. If you cannot complete your match by then, you should activity post to be safe.

Good luck, and please PM me with any complaints/questions/corrections.

Pairings:

Rolf vs Limitless
Iris vs Dummy007
Agammemnon vs Smurf
Toshimelonhead vs wilson46
ENZ0 vs Bad Ass
Knightofthewind vs Xiang
reachzero vs Alaka
kd24 vs Alan
Jubilee vs Uragg
reyscarface vs JabbatheGriffin
Accipender vs Texas Cloverleaf
zdrup15 vs Optimusje

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
seriously what are you doing -_- (and why the fuck the giant jump, there was a really interesting metagame in between january and july that we just completely skipped over.....)

anyway in the month of july post the new uu list here are the important mons that were banned and why they were banned
Staraptor (voted BL)
Abomasnow (voted BL)
Gallade (voted BL)
Froslass (voted BL)
Raikou (voted BL)
Shaymin (not voted BL, but back then UU was run oddly so it wasn't present in the metagame for the month of july, even though it wasn't voted BL until july 28th)
Crobat (same as shaymin)
Honchkrow (same as shaymin and crobat)
Umbreon (went to OU)

Also the 3 Pokemon kd noted (hadn't dropped down yet)

Notable Pokemon in this metagame that were not booted out yet
Roserade (not OU yet)
Yanmega (voted BL a couple months later; this metagame is better referred to as the Yanmega Metagame)

P2 was still UU don't know where you're getting that it was OU from

If anyone has any questions about what or what was not allowed please feel free to ask me.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
uh why was i not given extension accipender has not replied to me at all...

DetroitLolcat

franky I will give you an extension against Accipender. I though he won the battle, but I read last round and saw the battle was incomplete. Please finish it, and thank you for pointing that out. Jabba thank you for catching my error about P2.

Also, you typed zdrup5 instead of zdrup15.

On another note, I have to change half of my team from the last round. :/ Goodbye, sweeper Gastrodon...

Lunar.

is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
DPL Champion
gl all

Rolf vs Limitless
(Iris vs. Engineer Pikachu) vs Dummy007
Agammemenon vs Smurf
(Toshimelonhead vs. Z-Rex) vs wilson46
ENZ0 vs Bad Ass
Knightofthewind vs Xiang
reachzero vs Alaka
kd24 vs (PK Gaming vs. Alan)
Jubilee vs Uragg
reyscarface vs JabbatheGriffin
Accipender vs Texas Cloverleaf
zdrup5 vs Cristal __________________

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Pssh, Lunar doesn't have any picking skills, lol jk.

Rolf vs. Limitless
(Iris vs. Engineer Pikachu) vs. Dummy007
Agammemememememememememenon vs. Smurf.
(Toshimelonhead vs. Z-Rex) vs. wilson46
ENZO vs. Bad Ass
Knightofthewind vs. Xiang
reachzero vs. Alaka
kd24 vs. (PK Gaming vs. Alan)
Jubilee vs. uragg
reyscarface vs. Jabba
FRANKY vs. Texas Cloverleaf
zdrup5 vs. OPTIMUSJE

I agree with Jabba, why the fuck did you randomly skip A Farewell to Kings? Did the Old UU detour suddenly give you the right to jump all over the place?

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
a crit to seal my deal... gg ive been getting haxed lately

DetroitLolcat

Errors above corrected. Optimusje replaced Cristal. Sorry for the error. And every OP from the original signup thread to this one has specifically stated each round takes place right after the tier change. If you wanted a different meta, you should have asked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)