UU Victim of the Week! (Week Twenty-Seven: Contrary Serperior)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
No. With rocks it's only 38% [Pokemon rounds down] to 2HKO Registeel. So even if you switch on a Superpower or a Fire Blast, if you don't get unlucky and live, you T-wave and Rest. Then Sleep Talk for 2 turns and the Rest again. Keep doing that. Also, even if it takes long time to kill Hydra and even if it Roosts, as I said it only has 8 Fire Blasts, You live 2 and keep healing, not to mention missing is a thing. So even if it runs Roost, you can kill it, eventually, it'll just take a long time.

But you have a point, so I'mma edit it to only Toxic, because toxic wins, all you need to do is get 1 toxic through sleep talk.

It's not the best counter, but it's an OK counter, at the very least it's a very good check.
Not buying this still. To be a counter you need to assume SR is up 100% of the time. This might not be realistic but consider the fact that it is about equally unrealistic that registeel is at 100% all the time too. So we do need to assume SR is up all the time and that is probably giving you a better than usual circumstance already.
So in that case factoring in accuracy of Fire Blast and critical hit chances and burn chances you are going to be 2hko about one third of the time if you switch in half of the move set (superpower or fire blast).

Toxic seems even worse than Thunderwave since now you cannot outspeed after the status so when you switch in a fblast or superpower you must immediately rest to avoid a 3hko (assuming you just didn't die a t possible 2hko) then hydreigon proceeds to 3hko you as you sleep even if you get a toxic on a sleep talk roll so you really do not counter Hydreigon at all with this set.

Basically what I'm saying is your set is a poor counter, a good check probably, but my Machamp set is better as a counter.

ok, I'm just gonna come up with something screw you hilarious

Forget Registeel.

Hitmontop as a Counter

Hitmontop @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Mach Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Sucker Punch / Pursuit / Low Sweep
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Hitmontop: 121-144 (39.8 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
-1 4 Atk Life Orb Hydreigon Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Hitmontop: 82-97 (26.9 - 31.9%) -- 42.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Hitmontop: 69-82 (22.6 - 26.9%) -- 35.3% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Hitmontop: 38-44 (12.5 - 14.4%) -- possible 7HKO
-1 4 Atk Life Orb Hydreigon Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Hitmontop: 68-81 (22.3 - 26.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Hitmontop High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 294-348 (90.4 - 107%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 92-110 (28.3 - 33.8%) -- 0.5% chance to 3HKO

The calcs pretty much speak for themselves. It can switch in on anything factoring rocks, a Draco Meteor does not even 2HKO-ed if Hydra was like White Herb or something.

High Jump Kick + Mach Punch guarantee a KO.

Aside from countering Hydra, it can work as an effective spinner and Pursuit trapper. HJK hits hard even without investment. Low Sweep is also cool for lowering the speed of other mons to help this mon outspeed. Sucker punch is nice priority for Psychic- and Ghost- Types.

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
hilarious I think Machamp is best listed as a solid Check rather than counter. You pretty much gave the definition of a solid check in your description, but i don't think you noticed :)
[...] The only problem is lack of recovery but Machamp at full health is still a solid counter switch-in for at least one time.
also I would suggest this spread for Machamp if you want to use it to check Hydreigon:
248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD Adamant just to get a little more kick out of your nature against other threats (16 Attack EVs is Machamp's first jump point for Adamant Nature). This is just something I would do at least and its really just personal preference since I feel like I am getting more "bang for my buck" for lack of a better phrase.

Lol at the Marill

snapbacks, I think you got it right on the money for your first post :]

Registeel = Forgotten

Cobalion is a Cobalion and will always offensively check Hydreigon

Hitmontop... Holy crap Assault Vest is going out of style lol. I don't agree with HJK on a vest mon though. Also, 248 HP pls so you can potentially High Jump Fail twice and still have another shot.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
hilarious I think Machamp is best listed as a solid Check rather than counter. You pretty much gave the definition of a solid check in your description, but i don't think you noticed :)

also I would suggest this spread for Machamp if you want to use it to check Hydreigon:
248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD Adamant just to get a little more kick out of your nature against other threats (16 Attack EVs is Machamp's first jump point for Adamant Nature). This is just something I would do at least and its really just personal preference since I feel like I am getting more "bang for my buck" for lack of a better phrase.
You're pretty much correct if we were doing a practical exercise and really playing Pokemon but right now you're completely incorrect because this is just all talk.

If you read the OP you would notice there is a clear definition of counter. Why don't you go ahead and read it and then read what a check is; so you can see what my point is.

My Machamp set can switch in any of Hydreigon's moves and then take any other move it gives out and proceed to KO 100% of the time given the Life Orb Damage. The only chance Hydreigon has is to get a critical hit which is of course possible but still quite unlikely after two hits.

I don't think the EV difference is significant but ok whatever you want you can use, the set I just posted was something I threw together.

How to beat Victim of the Week on Specialmon weeks: Slap Assault Vests on random Pokemon until you find one that works

Granbull Courage @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 Def / 252 HP / 200 SDef
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Body Slam
- Ice Punch

0 Atk Granbull Courage Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 496-588 (152.6 - 180.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Assault Vest Granbull Courage: 117-138 (30.4 - 35.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Assault Vest Granbull Courage: 117-138 (30.4 - 35.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Assault Vest Granbull Courage: 117-138 (30.4 - 35.9%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 2 layers of Spikes
-1 4 Atk Life Orb Hydreigon Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Granbull Courage: 140-166 (36.4 - 43.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock (and let's face it, when is Iron Tail ever going to hit)

I don't think you even need the other calcs but
252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Assault Vest Granbull Courage: 70-82 (18.2 - 21.3%) -- guaranteed 5HKO after Stealth Rock
-1 4 Atk Life Orb Hydreigon Superpower vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Granbull Courage: 42-49 (10.9 - 12.7%) -- possible 7HKO after Stealth Rock
Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. Granbull Courage: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time

Body Slam is for parahax (same status chance as Scald yo)

Other attacks are just to cover what Fairy STAB doesn't - Earthquake nails Fire and Steel types, Ice Punch hits common Poison types in the tier that don't take more from EQ (Crobat, Roserade). Granbull Courage also has a host of other moves like Crunch and Superpower (defensive drops on a defensive mon cool) to slap on.

Given EVs are to ensure neither Iron Tail nor Fire Blast (the two main threats) can 2HKO Granbull Courage, with more EVs invested into the special side because Iron Tail has shakier accuracy.

After all this I realize I probably should've looked for an offensive mon because goddamn it's hard to tank this thing.

Last edited:
Someone shop Eustace on Hydreigon, STAT!

I think it's pretty clear that Fairies are the all-purpose answer to Hydreigon. I remember when the Steel nerf was announced (before the Fairy weaknesses and resists were known), the first thing I thought was "Well, fuck, Hydreigon is gonna be the worst thing to wall ever." And then Fairy hit Dragon and Dark super effectively, while being immune to Dragon and resisting Dark and Fighting. Aromatisse and Granbull look like they're the best answers.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After all this I realize I probably should've looked for an offensive mon because goddamn it's hard to tank this thing.
I've been waiting for a few of them. So far the only ones are ...AV Infernape and Cobalion (which is probably one of the best offensive answers to Hydreigon in its own right). However I feel the serious need to break the trend of Fairy-types/AV abusers being listed as dedicated checks to this guy. I wanted to see if anybody else was gonna take this mon for a while because I kinda don't really want to enter this too often (especially when I'm the one who determines what wins each week after discussing it with a few others), but I think this one slipped over most you guys' heads:

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

SpD Empoleon is one of the best checks to Hydreigon, thanks to its great fully-invested base 101 SpD stat and typing. Despite the Steel nerf, Dark Pulse fails to come close to even doing a 2HKO, and thanks to its resistance to Dragon, Draco Meteor also does very little. Fire Blast, due to lacking STAB, doesn't do much either. And Iron Tail...4x resisted, so yeah. Not that big an issue. Its resistance to Stealth Rock also ensures that Hydreigon's pretty much not going to do much more than have a higher chance at 3HKOing with any move bar Superpower. Ice Beam even with minimal investment, is able to 2HKO Hydreigon easily, meaning Empoleon can switch in, tank a hit, use Ice Beam, and threaten to KO it should it go for another attack, which it should be allowed to survive, thanks to recovery from Leftovers. Empoleon maintains its utility for your team by being able to set up and clear hazards for its teammates, while checking various other Pokemon, especially if backed by Wish support to keep it healthy. Superpower is literally the ONLY move Empoleon has to fear from this Hydreigon set, but that's exactly what relegates it as a solid check, as opposed to a counter, which I feel some of you guys are trying to make most of the Pokemon you post into:

"-To be considered a check, a Pokemon must be able to switch into at least one but not all of the opponent's moves under normal battle conditions, including taking damage from Stealth Rock, and reliably KO the opponent before the counter is KOed itself"

I feel the need to re-emphasize this because based on some of the sets I'm seeing, you're trying to take Pokemon, some of whom are still checks at best, and making them into catch-alls who can come in on any of its moves...And still be checks at best. I understand the reasoning behind this, because you want to ensure reliability above all else...but bear in mind Hydreigon's slashes indicate it isn't using all 6 moves listed. It's picking choices, and a Pokemon can be a solid or a shaky check to it based on the choices it runs. With the Empoleon I posted, it's an otherwise terrible check if the Hydreigon in question carries Superpower; if not, then it pretty much beats it one-on-one. There's a lot of Pokemon, even offensive ones I'm certain, who meet these same credentials if you dig hard enough. Just...less things you know you would not use in this metagame carrying an Assault Vest, please and thank you. Next thing you know Blame Truth himself is gonna post in this thread

Calcs:

252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Empoleon: 96-113 (25.8 - 30.3%) -- 1.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Empoleon: 118-140 (31.7 - 37.6%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Empoleon: 109-129 (29.3 - 34.6%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Life Orb Hydreigon Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 263-309 (70.6 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Empoleon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Hydreigon: 156-184 (48 - 56.6%) -- 84.8% chance to 2HKO
4 SpA Empoleon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Hydreigon: 172-204 (52.9 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I think this one slipped over most you guys' heads
I'm not sure if it's so much slipped over our heads rather than the catch-all thing you were talking about, since we're trying to account for Hydreigon being able to run any of those moves. If it's missing any of those moves than suddenly it's a lot easier to check, yeah. For example, if it weren't for Iron Tail, Granbull could just dump everything in special defense - but of course, I'd rather not run that risk.

Can I just say Sash Zam with Dazzling Gleam as a counter or do I have to write up the whole fucking set.

Fine.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

K so you come in on literally any move, then outspeed and kill with dazzling gleam. You also serve as a great way to hurt stall or offensive alike with your blazing speed and special attack. Dazzling Gleam over Focus Blast helps to fuck over sableye as well as not missing hydreigon.

Counter ez.

Nominating Gurdurr as Hard Counter

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful / Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off / Ice Punch / Poison Jab
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch

This is one of the most foolproof counter to Hydreigon in existence. Even in the event of a Fire Blast burn, Gurdurr benefits from it by Guts. He is also never 2hko'd by any attacking combo bar crits, and has semi-reliable recovery in Drain Punch. Can also be a win con if you can remove some hard counters beforehand like Crobat (kek) and setup several bulkups (Hydreigon is COMPLETE setup bait). The coverage depends on what your team lacks, Knock Off provides the best overall coverage but Ice Punch can kill certain Flying types from the switch-in and Poison Jab to rekt Florges. The EVs aren't completely precise so you can run more attack/speed creep and less HP/SpDef if you want to. Adamant nature can be opted for more damage output w/o sacrificing too much bulk.

Hydra Draco vs Gurdurr
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Gurdurr: 195-230 (52.1 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-2 252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Gurdurr: 99-117 (26.4 - 31.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Hydra Superpower vs Gurdurr
4 Atk Life Orb Hydreigon Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Gurdurr: 90-107 (24 - 28.6%) -- 97% chance to 4HKO (lol nope)

Hydra Fire Blast vs Gurdurr
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Gurdurr: 110-130 (29.4 - 34.7%) -- 11.3% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Gurdurr: 110-130 (29.4 - 34.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after burn damage (NOPE)

Grudurr Drain Punch vs Hydra
4 Atk Gurdurr Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 186-222 (57.2 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 4 Atk Gurdurr Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 276-326 (84.9 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
4 Atk Gurdurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 102-120 (31.3 - 36.9%) -- 64.2% chance to 3HKO

Last edited:
mudkipz, can't a switch into Fire Blast and a followup Draco Meteor kill Gurdurr with rocks up? I mean, not the biggest chance but it's there.

CoolStoryBrobat

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can I just say Sash Zam with Dazzling Gleam as a counter or do I have to write up the whole fucking set.

Fine.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

K so you come in on literally any move, then outspeed and kill with dazzling gleam. You also serve as a great way to hurt stall or offensive alike with your blazing speed and special attack. Dazzling Gleam over Focus Blast helps to fuck over sableye as well as not missing hydreigon.

Counter ez.
I like this one a ton. And it sounds dumb but I'd actually list this guy as a check, mainly because You Only Sash Once. Like in a pure 1v1 scenario, you would put this as a counter. But in a regular match, Alakazam switches in, and if Hydreigon switches out, you pretty much are not getting it in without a slow U-turn/Volt Switch or until something dies. And until you do, you have a 1 HP Alakazam trying to be your team's Dragon Slayer. I still like it nonetheless though.

But it totally fits the definition listed in the OP for a counter.

Yeah idgaf if you consider it a check or a counter.

mudkipz, can't a switch into Fire Blast and a followup Draco Meteor kill Gurdurr with rocks up? I mean, not the biggest chance but it's there.
You need like complete max rolls and hitting both Fire Blast and Draco. The chance is there but that takes incredible luck so let's just ignore that miniscule chance :^]

Edit: CoolStoryBrobat I will leave this to your judgement as the probility of Gurdurr being 2hko'd by Fire Blast + Draco after rocks exist but that is extremely unlikely. I can change that to Check if you want.

Also people think outside the box! Stuff like AV Emboar might work too!

Last edited:
Nominating Milotic as a Counter

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Dragon Tail

Can switch in on any of Hydreigon's moves with no risk of 2HKO after rocks and heal up with recover and toxic stall / ice beam it to death.

252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 165-196 (41.8 - 49.7%)
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 103-122 (26.1 - 30.9%)
4 Atk Life Orb Hydreigon Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Milotic: 143-169 (36.2 - 42.8%)

CoolStoryBrobat

Winners for Week Three have been decided as follows: (No Specific Order)

Top 3 checks:

Alakazam - Billtodamax
Cobalion - Swamp Link
Empoleon - CoolStoryBrobat

Top 3 counters:

Suicune - Calloflochie
Milotic - Sean B.
Aromatisse - SlottedPig

The OP will be updated accordingly. Congrats to Swamp Link and Calloflochie for winning 3 weeks of this challenge, you both get 1 Leaderboard Point each. As for the rest of you, keep competing, but seriously, try to focus more on viable and relevant mons in this format for your choices more than the thing that works in the absolute best scenario. Because while that mon might be able to stop whatever threat is chosen, it might be dead weight against most other things, or at least, not as useful compared to some of your alternative choices. This is mostly a learning project, and part of it is to help players learn what the best checks/counters to certain threats that can fit into their team are. Keep that in mind...

Anyway, the next victim this week is something you typically don't see too much of these days, SD Mew:

name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Zen Headbutt
move 3: Drain Punch
move 4: Sucker Punch
ability: Synchronise
item: Life Orb / Colbur Berry / Lum Berry
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
nature: Adamant / Jolly

Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Sableye is basically the definition of hard counter - You can switch in on any move, and burn it with Will-o-Wisp. As long as you don't ever click knock off/foul play Mew can never hit you. Synchronise is fucking stupid but a burnt Sableye is more useful than a burnt SD mew is and if it's last mon 1v1 you can just click recover whenever you get worn down a little.

It also does work against most team archetypes, burning offense's physical attackers, and basically 6-0ing stall that lacks aromatisse or a faster sableye lol.

EDIT: I changed it to max def sableye, which beats every Mew that's not Adamant/Knock Off/Lum, except for literally max rolls on Jolly/Knock Off/Lum.

Last edited:

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Toxic
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Basically the regular SD Doublade but with a twist. Toxic lets it completely avoid Sucker Punch while Zen Headbutt is doing -4 damage and Doublade can proceed to just SD on Mew while Toxic damage racks up on it.

252+ Atk Life Orb Mew Zen Headbutt vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 36-43 (11.3 - 13.5%) -- possible 8HKO

That's the only thing it can hit you with so if it SD's on the switch, you Toxic on the Sucker and then yeah just stall it out or play some mind games and Shadow Sneak as it tries to boost / hit you with Zen Headbutt.
But yeah, Sableye is an ez top spot idk why you didn't make it Max Defense since it is a Physical Attacker ?_?

Also, if it was me, I would have slashed Knock Off with Sucker Punch since it can actually beat a few things (like my Doublade) if it does have Knock off, So CoolStoryBrobat, that is some food for thought but i'll let you decide.

Well since I shot my own argument in the foot, i'll now do Escavalier as a check

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Drill Run
- Iron Head

Escav comes in on Mew (generally while it SD's) lives any 1 hit and KOes back with Megahorn even if it's at full health.
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mew Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Escavalier: 221-260 (64.2 - 75.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mew Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Escavalier: 242-285 (70.3 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Escavalier Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 440-522 (108.9 - 129.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Super simple stuff. Also, the addition of Knock Off to that moveset makes Mew WAY harder to counter since a bunch of the counters (like Bulky Psychics etc) are completely rekt by Knock Off, so it will be interesting to see what people come up with.

Last edited:
I didn't make is Def because it was way quicker to just steal Koko's spread from Empire lol.

Plus it's not like you need Def to deal with a mew lacking any way to actually hit you.

CoolStoryBrobat

Also, if it was me, I would have slashed Knock Off with Sucker Punch since it can actually beat a few things (like my Doublade) if it does have Knock off, So CoolStoryBrobat, that is some food for thought but i'll let you decide.
I was thinking about this...Yeah I'll tack that on right quick, thanks for the suggestion.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Bold
-Will-o-Wisp
-Dark Pulse
-Rest
-Sleep Talk / Hidden Power Fighting

Ok, so like Billtoshitax's Sabljew set, Spiritomb can basically come in on any pretty much any attack (unless its boosted to like +6 in which case you fucked up), take another and burn it, and then Rest and watch as Mew dies (slowly, anyway). Dark Pulse serves as the main STAB move, hitting Mew for relatively decent damage, even with Colbur Berry. Rest is so that Spiritomb doesn't get anally fucked by Synchronize (you spelled it wrong Brobat), and is good for stalling out Sucker Punch PP. Sleep Talk allows Spiritomb to hit / burn Mew or another target while asleep. While not for Mew, Hidden Power Fighting lets Spiritomb have somewhat of an easier time with Pokemon such as Cobalion or Hydreigon.

edit: lol as soon as i post this it shows that knock off has been added nbnb tomber still wins though

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Nature: Jolly
-Dragon Dance
-Knock Off
-High Jump Kick
-Ice Punch

Putting this down as a decent check. If Mew hasn't gotten a Swords Dance boost, DD Scrafty can use SD Mew as set-up fodder, taking (58.6-69)% from Drain Punch, and threatening a OHKO with a +1 Knock Off. While Mew can threaten to switch out after the DD, Knock Off threatens to maim many switch-ins. Thanks to its 4x resistance to Sucker Punch, Mew can't even touch it with a DD under its belt. Unfortunately, Scrafty a shit. After the DD, even base 115s can still threaten to revenge him, so overall, a lot of support would be needed to make the lizard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)