Valir versus Dew::Who's sick of celebrities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
gone becuase apparently it sucked SO much that people decided to make PM attacks on my personal character.

Unless I'm reading that wrong, your opponent only set 1 layer of spikes down, and not 2, thus leading to a huge advantage with Guts Machamp. Unless he was hoping to set down a second layer, I frankly cannot see what your opponent was trying to do there. And even if he was supposed to do something like that, his walls ended up being mince meat before being able to Toxic-stall you to death...

An... interesting story. SR or Spikes > Toxic Spikes, in general, especially with so many steel types as well as Guts Heracross being present.

if i could understand the last half...

jk, but use a dictionary to get your spellings right, not spell check... faint is spelled... well you get the point.

I thought it was a nicely played match. However, I'm not sick of celebrities... but the opponent has Blissey, Garchomp, and Electrivire. You kinda fail to deliver :-p

I like how Toxic Spikes played out in this match. While obviously inferior (in this case at least) to SR and Spikes, I have myself been ruined due to Toxic Spikes (Don't have a guts user yet... and I didn't play with my Rapid Spinner that match) Its like the opponent can toxic stall without ever having to waste a turn using toxic...

Oh, and less jokes. Your match was fine as it is. IMO, jokes ruin these things... but then again, some guys like jokes in their warstories... just too many warstories comming out recently that are nothing but jokes, with 0 content.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Not too bad a warstory, and shows the power of Ninetales. Just wondering, was it using Wide Lens?? Anyway I liked the celebrity references, even if some others didnt.

ya, widelens ninetales. Anyway thanks for the feedback. Im sorry that some of my grammar and spelling is not immaculate(?) but im trying =). English is a lot harder to learn than people think.

I was really writing this becuase i was wondering what people thought of the commentary. Is joking around a good thing? I suppose i was hoping more people shared the view of im sick of young hollywood news.

I didnt like it.

And i dont think misty will at all bother going through this.
these are the kind of people i dont like. I see you do this a lot. Pretty worthless post other than being arrogant and looking down on people from your high horse.

try explaining what you didnt like. And dont say grammar becuase yours is terrible.

There be no whitty quip during this turn as vaporeon is my favorite ever in the history of the world...part II (props if you get that joke).
MEL BROOKS! COOKIE FOR ME!

Good warstory.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Listen, it's an opinion. I never rip people to shreds, and if you had read any of my other posts in GOOD warstories, you'd see that i actually like them.

To read a warstory, is to essentially watch a sport. The game itself, and the commentary, go hand in hand to create a lasting experience.

This battle did neither. Sure, it was close if you scrolled down and saw the scores bolded, but with commentary like:
Stupid cheese steak.....(im kidding i love your meaty cheesy goodness).
So much like the round-about-side stepping ways in which Lindsey lohan managed to only recieve 4 days of jail for possession of cocaine, i got my donphan in taking hte least amount of damage and killed evire.
Wow 5-2 with 2 walls that can heal and a double attack boosted machamp that is relatively healthy in play....why the hell am i writing a war story about this anyway?
Blah that fat whore ruins more parties than meals nicole richie skips...swear to god.
(stupid layz bastard, while everyone else was out quickening their feet with agility drills and lifting weights to hit harder, all he did was eat potato chips and watch family guy...oh well. atleast hes meaty now)
Bwahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Eat that fat bitch. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
It's like you forgot you were writing. Attempts at cheap jokes and constantly getting off topic to say something people'd just scroll past anyways is pointless.

There werent any real mistakes i could see, aside from the misclick you mentioned, but the battle itself wasn't that riveting. Even you yourself said you didnt know why you were writing a warstory about it!
You winning-halt in progess-You win. It's the sort of Tit-for-tat, cool prediction cycle that makes these games worth watching.

I'm not saying you're a bad player, or anything like that, it's just that when you write these, you can't not expect people to dislike it. And if you're taking enough time to write out a mediocre battle and hope people like it, i have to wonder what you thought the response would be.

EDIT: And i'm not on a high horse. I dont think i'm better than, and the reason you don't see me trying to write a warstory is because i dont want to rush the process and log a battle that wasn't particularly good.

thank you stranger, that is what i was looking for. See i decided that the commentary should be comedy as that is what i enjoy most out of any form of entertainment. Now that i know it was that, in which you had the main beef with my story....i feel better.

I had fun writing this and i want people to have fun reading it. It was my first try and THUS is the reason why i was upset at the "i didnt like it" implication of bad bad bad stop trying. I specifically wanted feedback, what you gave the second time around was feedback, the first time was not. See what i mean?

btw those twinkies are really good, we made them one day when my friend got a frialator thingy. So gooood. It was like eating a heart attack, but tastey.

EDIT: Oh and i realize that i already went over strangers response but the "why am i writing this" was sorta a rhetorical (is that the right word?) and sarcastic comment....sorta like forshadowing....reading comprehension maybe?

I have to agree with danger's recent post; the humor wasn't really all that funny and at times it was abrasive to, mid sentence, read "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" or "I really love cheesesteaks, lol I'm such a fatty." And the thousand-and-one "commentary on skinny bitches and dead drug addled ex-stripper gold diggers == comedic genius" detracted so seriously from your central and, most importantly, driving reason why anyone should be reading this that it gave me cancer. If anything, I think your lack of expertise with the English language was the least offensive aspect of reading the warstory.
To be brief, I think there was too much and not good enough funny in this; it became more about which dead-horse celebrity you could make fun of or which reference to obesity you could cram in than it was about the actual battle. I am hard to displease in reading a warstory; I have actually never walked away from a warstory, even those in locked threads, and felt like my time was wasted. But there's always room for exceptions.

I have to agree with danger's recent post; the humor wasn't really all that funny and at times it was abrasive to, mid sentence, read "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" or "I really love cheesesteaks, lol I'm such a fatty." And the thousand-and-one "commentary on skinny bitches and dead drug addled ex-stripper gold diggers == comedic genius" detracted so seriously from your central and, most importantly, driving reason why anyone should be reading this that it gave me cancer. If anything, I think your lack of expertise with the English language was the least offensive aspect of reading the warstory.
To be brief, I think there was too much and not good enough funny in this; it became more about which dead-horse celebrity you could make fun of or which reference to obesity you could cram in than it was about the actual battle. I am hard to displease in reading a warstory; I have actually never walked away from a warstory, even those in locked threads, and felt like my time was wasted. But there's always room for exceptions.
Meh others seemed to have enjoyed the things that i was poking fun of. Maybe next time the theme that i choose will be more to your likings.

Thanks for being honest i suppose. I could react a lot differently to this, i might even take offense to it. But not ALL of us at smogon are arrogant assholes.

EDIT: also its not my fault you dont read titles. If you were tired of poking fun at strung out celebs, than the title MIGHT have tipped you off as to maybe not read it. Jackass.

EDIT#2: oh and to dragontamer, i still think i added every reason i had done something, other than stupidly obvious things like I used bug buzz becuase its super effective and stab! lemme know if you think i needed to explain specific sequences of events more.

I found it difficult to read at some point -.-, but I liked it nonetheless.

Props for using Ninetales and Vaporeon, I haven't seen the Water Eevee in a while.

EDIT: also its not my fault you dont read titles. If you were tired of poking fun at strung out celebs, than the title MIGHT have tipped you off as to maybe not read it. Jackass.
The title actually sounds like an invitation to people who are sick of celebrities, not to people who want to read half-assed jokes about them.
Instead of arguing, you guys should really reply to MY warstory. Yeah. So it doesn't look like I'm just shamelessly bumping it. =D

fine you are all right it was a piece of shit ill just delete it.

I was always told the best way to learn a language was to experience it, thanks for the chance.

The title actually sounds like an invitation to people who are sick of celebrities, not to people who want to read half-assed jokes about them.
Instead of arguing, you guys should really reply to MY warstory. Yeah. So it doesn't look like I'm just shamelessly bumping it. =D
It's not really arguing if one person is yelling at the other and the other isn't really doing anything in response. v:nerd:v
gone becuase apparently it sucked SO much that people decided to make PM attacks on my personal character.
LMAO, like the one you sent me, completely out of the blue, calling me a piece of shit and a virgin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)