VGC '11 United Kingdom National - Birmingham - June 4th - WON BY RubeNCB92 & Plusle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until the finals, you will battle the next person in line, who hasn't an opponent, yet.
You can friend clause, though, tell the staff that you know your opponent and they won't pair you up and you will get a new opponent.

Good luck to everyone btw!

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can feel the hype building now more than ever, the next 4 days are gonna be slow as hell...

No not last minute....last week lol. Well if I win, I'll sell it to you for £40 ;)

Oh and just a quick question. How do they do pairings for the 1st round? It's my first year competing :naughty:
Well I'd better bring my wallet then! :)

I thought I'd be paired with the people next to me but they spread us out onto each station and I think I was paired with someone about 6 back from me for the first battle. I can't really remember now. I was really nervous and expected to be out first battle but ended up getting through the first 4 or 5 I think until I made some silly mistakes and got Exploded by a Quilfish :(

Well I'd better bring my wallet then! :)

I thought I'd be paired with the people next to me but they spread us out onto each station and I think I was paired with someone about 6 back from me for the first battle. I can't really remember now. I was really nervous and expected to be out first battle but ended up getting through the first 4 or 5 I think until I made some silly mistakes and got Exploded by a Quilfish :(
I'm serious about the selling it part :naughty: If a guy with a beanie hat and a bag on wins, run up to me and chuck the £40 in my face rofl.

Well as long as I don't get paired up with a Smogonite ¬_¬ or one of my friends (especially my bro). Quilfish go boom!

aww crap I haven't even got my team planning finished let alone having the pokes I really need to stop changing my team arrrgghh. ;_;

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you guys think you're not ready with 4 days to go, that's nothing. My record last year, was getting onto the train at 8, with a killer hangover, trying to correctly count out a Palkia's EV's. I finished while pulling into New Street.
RE: Pairings. If they just pair you with people right next to you, surely you could scout them in the wait, and friend rule them if they seemed 'ard as nails? Doesn't seem the best scheme...

im feeling pretty wobbly lipped at the moment, my dad says he can't take me up to Birmingham this week, but maybe next time, its going to take a miracle to get there now

For all you Karl Pilkington fans out there, I've made my brother a dedicated Karl team, he's running it and it is somehow absolutely amazing. I'm seriously tempted to run something similar to this myself at some point.

The man whose head looks like an orange would be impressed. So yeah if you see a whole team that's Pilkington-based, that's my brother. And unless you're good, you'll probably lose to him. :3

Can't say I'm exactly confident, but I do have at least 5 of my team decided upon and all trained up. Just gotta decide on the 6th member and get one last item and I'll be all set.

For all you Karl Pilkington fans out there, I've made my brother a dedicated Karl team, he's running it and it is somehow absolutely amazing. I'm seriously tempted to run something similar to this myself at some point.

The man whose head looks like an orange would be impressed. So yeah if you see a whole team that's Pilkington-based, that's my brother. And unless you're good, you'll probably lose to him. :3
What division is your brother going to be playing in?

I've been farming PP Ups with Pickup Pachirisu's today... Probably not necessary, but hopefully it won't hurt. I've got six members all EVed up, so this'll probably be the team I stick with. Good luck, everyone who's going!

At least I can't lose to Sheidnja this year.

Great....masters is gonna be packed this year even though it's 512 :toast:

Still I'm getting very nervous about my big VGC debut

I just got 2 more to EV train and 3 to level up...... nerves are kicking in D:

not to mention total lack of practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)