VGC '11 World Championships - San Diego, US - August 14th - WON BY BlueCookies & kamz

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I battled Ray in Newark I got the feeling he hated this meta. Guess I was wrong lol ^^.

The final was pretty good, but I want to see Ray's win against Wolfe. Had to be epic.

Wolfey

VGC 2016 Masters Champion
It was a good few games, I won game 1 w/o much/any hax, game 2 could go either way when he crits me and game 3 I feel I was in a good position when he flinches me. Nevertheless hes a great player and he definately deserved to win, despite any hax against me I look forward to our matches next year (hopefully)

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
When I battled Ray in Newark I got the feeling he hated this meta. Guess I was wrong lol ^^.

The final was pretty good, but I want to see Ray's win against Wolfe. Had to be epic.
I do hate the meta lol. Our match wasn't on TV, so unless Wolfe saved one of our battle videos you won't be able to see what happened. A few people on the sidelines told me they were able to watch my match though since I was using my dsi xl.
It was a good few games, I won game 1 w/o much/any hax, game 2 could go either way when he crits me and game 3 I feel I was in a good position when he flinches me. Nevertheless hes a great player and he definately deserved to win, despite any hax against me I look forward to our matches next year (hopefully)
yeah sorry about the iron head flinch game 3, that could have been important. The whole match was one of my closest matches even though the pokemon count at the end of each battle didn't seem to show that, and I felt like we had a huge mind game going on (game 3 in particular when I subbed escavalier vs your emboar). You did amazing for your first VGC year (win regionals, win nats, top 8 worlds) and I look forward to seeing you again next year.

Very true about the disliking the metagame comment. But tbh, Ray and Wolfe you guys are pretting dang inspiring. From Ray winning Worlds twice in a row and to the actual jawdrop I had sitting there at Nats hearing 'Wolfe' then seeing his team that looked so familiar in PO on the screen. (Battled you TONS on PO) See you guys next year! Past 2 years I couldn't get past round 2. This year I made it into a finalist lounge twice and did decent in nats, next year I plan to take it up another step =P

And finally congrats to Matteo! You played one hell of a match and really represented Italy well in their first year of VGC. I'll see you again next year in Hawaii :D
Thanks Ray! I did my best but it was not enough...This means that there is still much work. In any case this was a unique experience! Anyway a second place is a great result for my first VGC experience, and i never believed that Italy could have done so well...2nd and 7th ranked in masters, 8th in Juniors and my little brother 7th in Senios.
I'll see again you and everyone else in Hawaii...already can not wait for this ;)

Congrats to you, Matteo, and the rest of the Italian players! I have to be honest, you guys certainly surprised us when we saw so many of you make it into Day 2. You all certainly proved yourselves, and it was great seeing so many of you do well. Way to go on the 2nd place finish, and hopefully see you in Hawaii next year? :)

I saw the last battle Ray vs Matteo, I was like excited to see everyone jump up after the win. lol. I'm hoping for next year doing better at regionals and then going to Nats. Worlds is a stretch lol

I'm a TCG player who spent a lot of time playing D/P competitively when it first came out, but I stopped playing the video games when I realized TCG and VGC Nationals and Worlds always happen at the same time. In fact, I have a warstory archived somewhere on here! So, I look forward to watching the finals on the big stage every year at Worlds. I'm with the group called The Top Cut who interviewed Ray after his impressive championship repeat; I'm glad we got a chance to talk with him.

Our group got to talk with the higher-ups for Pokemon at the event and got access to do all sorts of media coverage. Throughout the weekend, we got to record a lot of the TCG games, which was the first time they allowed anyone to do that. In fact, they agreed to send us the videos of the final matches so we could provide commentary on them and post them later. If we asked, I'm sure we could get the videos for the VGC finals, too. Would anyone want to do commentary on the games if I could obtain the videos? I would do it, but I'm way out of the loop when it comes to the video game, so I would sound like an idiot. Of course, it would need to be someone who understands the competitive environment well enough to provide sensible input. If there's already videos like this out there, then I apologize and please disregard my post. Otherwise, contact me if you'd be interested because it would be a great thing for the community to have access to. PM me here or e-mail me at thetopcutpokemon@gmail.com. Thanks, and congrats to Ray and Matteo!

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
That would be incredible. Let's get the people who did that one Smogcast on it.

andrea

/me cresselias
I also volunteer Tyler for his superb commentating skills, as portrayed in his live stream of the Worlds finals.

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I also volunteer Tyler for his superb commentating skills, as portrayed in his live stream of the Worlds finals.
Yere everybody, this is Yere McYere here. I will be yereing the habak vs habak game (habak will win) jajajajaja.

yere.

this is an awesome idea though

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
Hahaha. Nah, I was narrating the semi-finals (Ray v. Ruben). I think my superb narrating skills on the stream and my earlier Smogcast showing makes me a great choice for any kind of battle commentation.

CONGRATS RAY RIZOOO¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ AND MATTY¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ :D YOU ARE FUERTEEEEEE¡¡¡¡¡¡

See you in Hawaii, sure ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)