1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

VGC '12 Northeast Regional - Philadelphia, PA - Won by JiveTime & KeepBayleefing!

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Cybertron, Jan 5, 2012.

1. hockeyguy605

hockeyguy605

Babbytron is going to have his first loss this year thanks to my cousin, aka my cousin will probably get 4-0'd in 2 turns.

If anybody has questions about the area (food, hotel, etc.), I can try to answer them, as this is my hometown regional.
  2. drcossack

drcossack I'm everywhere, you ain't never there

Already covered some things that I remembered, feel free to add to it.

Also: Cybertron is a jerk. js. (unbold my name, kthx. I wouldn't DARE miss a trip to Philly.)
  3. Cybertron

Cybertron Can't hit WoW
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

only if you promise me a picture

(done)
  4. GARCHOMPZILLA

GARCHOMPZILLA

im gonna try to make it to worlds dis year. I only ever tried going to a vgc once several years ago and on my second battle i got sheer colded 3 times in a row and criticaled for the loss. Now im gonna make sure that doesnt happen again.
  5. hockeyguy605

hockeyguy605

All the things drcossack mentioned are good.

I've never been to Ralph's, but I know the whole Italian Market area has some good food.

Citizen's Bank Park is an awesome place to watch a baseball game. You'd have to get your tickets on Stubhub, as we've sold out every game since sometime in July of '09.

The hotel he mentioned is definitely in a nice area, but it's kind of far away from the Convention Center. The mall nearby is huge, if you're into that sort of thing.

There are plenty of hotels in and around the Convention Center, so you shouldn't have trouble finding a place to stay.

Some other places of interest include, The Franklin Institute, The Please Touch Museum (If you are bringing along little kids), and The Philadelphia Zoo is always nice.

If you're looking for a good cheesesteak, DO NOT go to Pat's or Geno's. The only people that get cheesesteaks from these two places are tourists and drunks at 4 AM, since they're one of the few places open.

Instead, go to Tony Luke's or Jim's Steaks. Tony Luke's also has some great Roast Pork sandwiches (Get them with broccoli rabe and provolone).

The Reading Terminal Market is America's oldest farmer's market, and has a bunch of options to choose from.

I could go on and on, but you get the point. As I said before, if anyone has more questions, I'd be glad to answer them.

If you want some more in depth information, check out Visit Philly.
  6. soul_survivor

soul_survivor

Im sorry guys but I've been through rigorous training with my little sister under waterfalls. Babbytron will rule juniors for as long as he's there, but that doesn't mean 2-4th won't be available.(stating the blatant truth). Well atleast my sis locked me a free hotel. Enough for me to be happy about.
  7. Expert Evan

Expert Evan every battle has a smell!
    is a Forum Moderator

We'll intend to be there, EE & Shinkou again, both as masters.

Looks like my prediction of the Cubs winning the World Series by the time drcossack ever attends a VGC tournament will not happen hopefully, looking forward to seeing you at least.
  8. Mosquito

Mosquito

In for Masters. Probably not going to win, but I'm looking to make Top 4.
  9. Solace

Solace darling i'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

msankey is in it to win it
  10. Superpokemon67

Superpokemon67

Don't forget the seniors competition. Idc what those masters are saying, Seniors has some really good players this year.
  11. drcossack

drcossack I'm everywhere, you ain't never there

I think by the time the Cubs win another WS, we'll both be dead. lol.

Masters is looking tough as usual; why does that always happen here? At least it's Swiss this year.
  12. commi$$ioner

commi$$ioner

is drc coming?
  13. CalzoneCannon

CalzoneCannon

I'll be taking Philly, good luck to you guys, you will need it. >:) but cant wait to see you all!
  14. Cybertron

Cybertron Can't hit WoW

such a stacked regionals, glad i have my byes already
  15. hockeyguy605

hockeyguy605

Not a good time to make this my first competitive Pokemon Event then haha, especially since I'm terrible at Team Building. Oh well, I'm just looking to have a good time mainly and meet some Smogonites. Who knows, I might get lucky and do fairly well.
  16. soul_survivor

soul_survivor

Very stacked indeed. May smogoneers be lucky enough to have few matchups against each other as possible(or until the end). GL to the Seniors, and Masters. Its going to be interesting to see how the final standings would be.
  17. Expert Evan

Expert Evan every battle has a smell!
    is a Forum Moderator

Providence seems just a preview as 4 of my 6 opponents were smogoners as well. Right Solace, Jivetime, TheGr8, sandman?
  18. Jibaku

Jibaku Balance is a fool's master
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

may be there
  19. TDS

TDS

sorry but my scooping to friends strategy will make top 4 look something like this
    1. Unrealtitties
    2. Dtrain
    3. human
    4. idk EE or solace?

also seniors is easy win for Cybertron.
    juniors is easy win for Babbytron.
    EDIT: I don't even think babbytron has to play... they might as well just hand him the first place medal on his way in.

My kids are the best.
  20. kinderlew

kinderlew

Kindergang is gonna be there
    kinderlew for masters and kinderbro for juniors, maybe spence for masters idk
  21. Drifblim

Drifblim

Hey people in general, I would very much like to attend Philly, but on the pokemon site there is a question area that states anybody who has already won a regional, in 1st place, may not attend any others. I really want to go to hang out w you all, try out a new team, but I don't want to blow the cash to get there to find out i am not eligible for entry. Anybody who knows the specifics please do tell
  22. Drifblim

Drifblim

Hey people in general, I would very much like to attend Philly, but on the pokemon site there is a question area that states anybody who has already won a regional, in 1st place, may not attend any others. I really want to go to hang out w you all, try out a new team, but I don't want to blow the cash to get there to find out i am not eligible for entry. Anybody who knows the specifics please do tell. And Cybertron, I don't mess around. I want some moar free stuff and the splendors of first yet again! But second would still be chill if I can go, another 2 byes would b just LOVELY
  23. Unreality

Unreality not hatching shiny values, go away

byes don't stack :|
  24. Drifblim

Drifblim

25. Cybertron

Cybertron Can't hit WoW

If you finish in the top 4, you get money. If you win, you get money rather than a trip.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)