VGC '12 Northwest Regional - Salem, OR - WON BY Branflakes

Well it looks like I may not be able to go. Darn, I was REALLY looking forward to this specific Regional. I hear the Pokemon community over there is pretty large in numbers. Looks like I'll have to wait for the Vancouver one.

Say, does anyone have an approximate time estimate on how long it takes to get to Salem, from Vancouver?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well it looks like I may not be able to go. Darn, I was REALLY looking forward to this specific Regional. I hear the Pokemon community over there is pretty large in numbers. Looks like I'll have to wait for the Vancouver one.

Say, does anyone have an approximate time estimate on how long it takes to get to Salem, from Vancouver?
By car? Around 7 hours. http://maps.google.ca is your friend.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The PTO has updated with the following information:

Time - Juniors & Seniors: Registration begins for Juniors and Seniors at 8:00 AM (Registration ends at 9:45 AM). Juniors and Seniors begin play around 10:00 AM. The tournament will be Swiss rounds with no top cut and will last 3 to 4 hours. Winners will be determined by rankings at the end of Swiss play.

Time - Masters: Registration begins for Masters at 11:00 AM (Registration ends at 1:45 PM). Masters begin play around 2:00 PM. The tournament will be Swiss rounds with no top cut and will last 3 to 4 hours. Winners will be determined by rankings at the end of Swiss play.

I Will be competing in the masters division along with the Capri Niggas

[CapriNig]Branflakes
[CapriNig]Burgnasty
[CapriNig]Alex Wins
[CapriNig]TreiN

we are all about the capri!!!

Great job everybody. Congrats to Capri guys for taking it, and nice meeting you guys. It was definitely fun to pick this game back up for a little while, and got 25th of like 70~ people. Top 32 hell yeah.

Shoutouts to VGC for revoking my Mence with the name MurderFace, that was just friggin amazing.

Edit: If you guys want the Top32 results I took a picture of it with my phone.

Capri niggas top guys took 1st and 2nd.

[CapriNig]Branflakes took first (7-0)

I took 2nd (6-1)

Great meeting everyone it was a great time!

Firestorm

Congratulations Branflakes! And thanks for updating Dragonking700. I really should have DM'd you to get us some updates on the others though haha.

I would like to thank any/and all of you whom attended our Regionals VGC competition and TCG competition on the 12th and 13th.

Your support and desire to best the best in this game is also gratefully appreciated- and I would like to extend invitations to our future events. I will post in here with future info, so, see you guys then!

I prolly wont post much in here, I do lurk alot, I am a Pokegym member and have only so much time to devote too sites in general.

Again, thanx for all yalls support and participation who came, and made this Regionals the biggest in the US too date!

Sl8r- TEAM [R] Benzo

17th of 72 represent; notable opponents include:

LouisCyphre, an awesome Smogonite, beat him Round 1;
Branflakes Round 3; sorry about sucking Turn 1, or that battle might've actually been a challenge for you .-.
Dragonking700 Round 4; again, my apologies for playing horribly. Note to self: Do not be afraid to predict in person!
Wolt, Round 5: Kind of a pity that you double-targeted Conk T1; might've been a lot closer if not for that. I'll put up the battle video (I have it on hand) shortly.
And I'm p. sure that my Round 7 opponent was of some importance, but I can't for the life of me recall who it was. gdi Rain being so damn vulnerable to TR .-.

Also, posting team in case anyone's curious (and because I'm retiring it if I get the money to go to Nats anyhow)

Starmie @ Choice Specs
Timid 6 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Psychic
- Blizzard

Abomasnow @ Focus Sash
Quiet (Some bulky spread I don't know; somewhere around 228 HP/252 SpA/28 SpD); 0 Spe IV
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Adamant 100 HP/252 Atk/58 Def/100 SpD
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Kingdra @ Haban Berry
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Protect
- Blizzard

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Modest 172 HP/252 SpA/84 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Blizzard
- Protect
- Surf

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
- Surf
- Scald
- Blizzard
- Psychic

Team prepped on very short notice; hence a couple of somewhat sub-optimal builds.

Video coming as soon as I figure out how to work this goddamn machine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)