VGC '12 Spain National - Madrid - March 24th - OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made it to Round 4 (top32), didn't expect much more as I only prepared for like 3 weeks on skarmbliss xD. I lost to Brajan, who became 2nd in the end. I had some bad luck against him (critical hit for KO + 2 missing Rock Slides), but would probably have lost anyway (more like 2-0 instead of 4-0 xD). It was my fault as my first turn was plain stupid.

The atmosphere at the event was amazing, I knew many people there and had lots of fun. I also met pokerob: the British group was supporting one of their friends on the final rounds and seemed to enjoy the event a lot. It was nice to meet you.

I had a press pass to take photos and videos of the event for the official Nintendo magazine (though TPCi would have to approve the final video before release, I guess). So if you saw a guy with a press pass and a camera going everywhere on stage, it was me xD.

Congrats to Flash, Ravi and all the people who made it to Hawaii.

I made it to Round 4 (top32), didn't expect much more as I only prepared for like 3 weeks on skarmbliss xD. I lost to Brajan, who became 2nd in the end. I had some bad luck against him (critical hit for KO + 2 missing Rock Slides), but would probably have lost anyway (more like 2-0 instead of 4-0 xD). It was my fault as my first turn was plain stupid.

The atmosphere at the event was amazing, I knew many people there and had lots of fun. I also met pokerob: the British group was supporting one of their friends on the final rounds and seemed to enjoy the event a lot. It was nice to meet you.

I had a press pass to take photos and videos of the event for the official Nintendo magazine (though TPCi would have to approve the final video before release, I guess). So if you saw a guy with a press pass and a camera going everywhere on stage, it was me xD.

Congrats to Flash, Ravi and all the people who made it to Hawaii.
I can spell your name now! Was nice to meet you!

Does anyone have a video for the Masters finals?

Also congrats Flash and to everyone who qualified this weekend!

My small story:

Got there at 8h28min. Still on time!! I put myself at the end of the line and waited for a bit. Started talking with some seniors and their parents. But then I noticed that there weren't a lot of masters in the line so I went to ask the security guard that was at the begining of the registration if I should wait in line as I was. He said yes. Waited a little longer and then one of the parents I was talking with told me that maybe I should go ask again, but this time to one of the event staff. I did and he also told me to wait in line as I was. After another while that same parent went to see how things were in the registration and told me that the line was empty. I rushed there again and confirmed this. I asked another staff that was there and he politely said that registration for masters was closed. I told him that it was kind of unfair for them to tell me two times to wait in line and then close registration while I was still waiting. He understood my problem, confirmed that I had asked twice about the line with other staff and then took me to the registration desk so that I could register.

I would like here to point out that the staff has always been kind to me (be it in live tournaments or in the support site) and that they should be congratulated for it. Of course I also try to be polite and never make a fuss, and I think that also helps in keeping things civilized.

As for the tournament, I won the first battle and in the second battle I chose my four Pokémon and forgot to confirm my selection, so the four Pokémon that got chosen weren't the ones I chose but the first four in my team, which really wasn't what I wanted and put me at a disadvantage at the start. I could have gotten away with it if my opponent was a bad player, but he wasn't :P . He even predicted me perfectly in the first rounds. Would things have gone differently if I had confirmed my selection? Who knows :P ?

Afterwards I stayed for the rest of the tournament, doing the side activities and watching battles. Shame I had no camera with me this time so no videos from me this year. Sorry... Also got asked if I was Melkor. If I recall correctly my apearance isn't nowhere near his, but I might be recalling wrong :P ...

One of the seniors I talked with in line got to the finalist lounge, but didn't get a bye and lost his first finalist battle. Not bad for his first year, maybe he will get even farther next year. If you are reading this, congratulations :) !

Of course what tournament could go without some televised hax :P ? Seniors had a double freeze with Ice Beam (one freeze one turn, another freeze in the next) in the quarter finals if I'm not mistaken that cost the battle to person with the popsicle Pokémon. And of course the junior finals with a double Blizzard freeze in the same turn that once again cost the battle to the second place.

Once again I had a great time. Congratulations to all that got the trip. And once again I would like to congratulate the staff for always being polite. Now that I think of it, since I'm clearly passed my prime, maybe I should try to join the staff. How much do the starter trio+Pikachu cosplayers get paid :P ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)