VGC 2012 rules up!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It didn't mention it, but I assume the Dream World abilities will be the same as last year? (only the released ones.)
That really should go without saying. Unreleased ability = hacked = disqualified. Same reason they don't mention Keldeo/Meloetta/Genesect.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Dear Mike Liesik,

Thank you. Expanded regionals, Canadian nats, no ubers, all gens, AND no Dark Void?

VGC 2012 looks like the best metagame yet.

Sincerely,
evan

YEAHHHHH NO DARK VOID!!!

Otherwise, I sorta expected most of the other rules, so I began preparing a team with and without ubers. TIME TO SEE IT IN ACTION!!!!

Maybe I overlooked it, but I'm guessing it's still double battles, or might they venture off in to 6v6 triples?

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ok pardon me for noobing this thread up, but isn't Darkrai banned anyway? I guess this rule specifically applies to Smeargle, it must have been pretty fucked up to get outright banned...

Psyched to see that the GBU Doubles ruleset was supported.

>_< My bad. The Source link wouldn't work for me on my Wii, and I didn't see OmegaDonut's OP having any battle type specified.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok pardon me for noobing this thread up, but isn't Darkrai banned anyway? I guess this rule specifically applies to Smeargle, it must have been pretty fucked up to get outright banned...

Psyched to see that the GBU Doubles ruleset was supported.
Smeargle can sketch Dark Void, which dominated previous VGCs

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
so is there any confirmation wether jirachi not being on the banlist was a typo or not?

Pretty nice rules. I've never really played VGC, but this pretty wide, open format seems like the perfect time to get into it. Definitely gonna play this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)