1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

VGC 2013 Regional Rules

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Solace, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Pichu

Pichu

Do the majority of people RNG to get their pokemon? I wondered about this last year during my matches.
  2. ultimatedra

ultimatedra

Less than half do I am sure. Perfect IVs are good to have but nature/EVs/moves are much more important.
  3. Pichu

Pichu

Interesting. So, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but as long as I have a pokemon with IVs at ~20 or above it should be fine for the tournament?

I just don't know how long or hard it would take for someone who's never done it before.
  4. ultimatedra

ultimatedra

Questions like these should go in the simple questions thread located at the top of the forum.
    But yes, you should be fine with IVs like that. R Inanimate won the Salem, OR regional without RNG'd pokemon.

Like I said before - IVs are good but having proper EV placement, proper nature, and a good move pool are much more important.
  5. LavenderTown234

LavenderTown234

Is this for those Wi-Fi tounaments, or the in-person ones? Sorry if this is a dumb question.:heart:

I don't understand the banned pokemon list. So, semi-legends (like Heatran) are allowed?
  6. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It's primarily for the in-person events, though many of the Wi-Fi tournaments use the same rule set. Some like the upcoming Spring Friendly have different rules though, so make sure you read the rules for each individual tournament on the Global Link web site.

Everything that's isn't specifically listed as not allowed can be used. Essentially, the banlist is limited to BST 660+ legendaries (except Regigigas because of its ability), event-only legendaries, and Chatot (presumably because they don't want people using its custom cry to shout obscenities at their opponent or anything like that).
  7. LavenderTown234

LavenderTown234

So, if I understand: Double Battle, no Wonder Launcher, no Legends (except Regigigas with Slow Start) 4 Pokemon per battle.
  8. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

The weaker legendaries (basically everything that isn't event-only, a version mascot, or Mewtwo) are allowed, but otherwise that's right. It's exactly the same rules as Random Matchup double battles aside from a few minor differences like the time limit, so if you want to get a feel for how it all works then I would suggest practicing there.
  9. LavenderTown234

LavenderTown234

So Legends allowed are: Regi legends, Deoxys (?), Dialga, Palkia, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Heatran, Cressilia, Latios, Latias?
  10. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

No. The Pokémon on the following list are all banned:

Everything else is allowed.
    Antar likes this.
  11. Zante

Zante

What is the max age for the junior division?
  12. tlyee61

tlyee61

this should probably be asked in the SQSA thread, but I', pretty sure you have to be born in 2002 or later this year.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)