VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he did seriously regret using it as soon as the tournament started. He only just made it through by skilling on people, and avoiding using Gigas. :D

General rule: if it's a monotype and not Cresselia, it's not worth using.

But he did seriously regret using it as soon as the tournament started. He only just made it through by skilling on people, and avoiding using Gigas. :D
I mean, I figure that Slow Start + Mach Punch weakness + can't learn Protect would be way too much of a hindrance. Even if it was put there as filler, what role did he intend for Gigas to play on the team?

well i'm going to nee something bulky that hits hard
Try Metagross, he's generally considered pretty decently bulky and he can hit very hard with Meteor Mash. Conkeldurr is also another choice with good bulk, just be wary of Flame Orb widdling your health. You will probably have to use Drain Punch, which hits very hard.

If you still want to use Skill Swap, try something like Wolfe did with his Heatran + Cresselia Skill Swap. You want to still be able to fight if you can't pull off the swap, but you also want to benefit a good amount when you do.

Try Metagross, he's generally considered pretty decently bulky and he can hit very hard with Meteor Mash. Conkeldurr is also another choice with good bulk, just be wary of Flame Orb widdling your health. You will probably have to use Drain Punch, which hits very hard.

If you still want to use Skill Swap, try something like Wolfe did with his Heatran + Cresselia Skill Swap. You want to still be able to fight if you can't pull off the swap, but you also want to benefit a good amount when you do.
I've tried all three i need something different.

So whats the overall feeling on rotom? i just found out u can breed him and am interested to know how "good" he has been deemed

So whats the overall feeling on rotom? i just found out u can breed him and am interested to know how "good" he has been deemed
Several of the Rotom formes have carved out niches in VGC. Rotom-W is the most notable for its fantastic defensive typing, lone and uncommon weakness, and for being a fantastic answer to rain. Rotom-H carries with it a unique set of resistances and can roast every steel type sans Heatran with a powerful Overheat. Rotom-F works well spamming Blizzards in the hail and Rotom-C has coverage in all the right places to be effective. Normal Rotom is scarcely seen, but it has a few unique aspects to it like that handy fighting type immunity and an alright base speed of 91. Rotom-S is mostly outclassed by Zapdos.

Several of the Rotom formes have carved out niches in VGC. Rotom-W is the most notable for its fantastic defensive typing, lone and uncommon weakness, and for being a fantastic answer to rain. Rotom-H carries with it a unique set of resistances and can roast every steel type sans Heatran with a powerful Overheat. Rotom-F works well spamming Blizzards in the hail and Rotom-C has coverage in all the right places to be effective. Normal Rotom is scarcely seen, but it has a few unique aspects to it like that handy fighting type immunity and an alright base speed of 91. Rotom-S is mostly outclassed by Zapdos.
And even then, Rotom-H is a major threat to Heatran, being immune to earth power, resistant to heat wave, and doing a hefty amount of damage through those STAB t-bolts.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
technically that information was really only for the fall regionals, but it would be an incredible break with precedent to allow Keldeo.

99.9% certain it won't be allowed.

technically that information was really only for the fall regionals, but it would be an incredible break with precedent to allow Keldeo.

99.9% certain it won't be allowed.
interesting....so then would the same follow for genesect? it sure would be nice not to have to prep for that swiss army knife

We don't really know yet because they haven't told us the rules yet. So we don't know which pokemon we can use yet.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Hi, my younger cousin and I have been wondering, what are the biggest threats in the junior and senior divisions?
I don't think I understand the question. For the most recent VGC events, all three age divisions had the same rulesets, so the "threats" were the same.

You could argue however that there is a huge player skill level difference between junior and senior, and a noticeable (but not huge) skill difference between senior and master, at least at the regionals. At nationals and worlds, the skill differences disappear.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have a question how would you ev train a level one breeded pokemon?
Exp. Share is the simplest method. Any Pokémon that gains experience from a battle also gets the full EVs (but if the lead Pokémon is holding a Macho Brace or Power item, the benefit doesn't transfer - the other mon only gets the base amount, plus Pokérus if it has it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)