VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Why would they ban them now when they haven't banned them for the months when only japan had them and america had no idea when they were fighting them?

At least we have the chance to see them now

Do the pokes received from the 3ds game have iv restrictions or are they like the ones from the ds game that have no nature/iv restrictions?

If I used Skill Swap on a Heatran to give it Levitate then switch it out, can I switch it back in and it will still have Levitate?

Are beginners usually eliminated in the first round of VGC? Like are there only good players that go to VGC or are there bad players as well?

If I used Skill Swap on a Heatran to give it Levitate then switch it out, can I switch it back in and it will still have Levitate?
It will not. Your Heatran will come out with Flash Fire
Are beginners usually eliminated in the first round of VGC? Like are there only good players that go to VGC or are there bad players as well?
Remember, VGC competitions are now in swiss format, meaning you'll be able to play every round regardless of how many losses you have. There's a wide range of skill levels across the tournament; there are many good and many bad players.

It will not. Your Heatran will come out with Flash Fire

Remember, VGC competitions are now in swiss format, meaning you'll be able to play every round regardless of how many losses you have. There's a wide range of skill levels across the tournament; there are many good and many bad players.
Sorry, I am new to VGC. Thanks for the information though, I didn't know that!

Edit: Btw, is there a place I can look that has useful information like that?

Here in Europe it's always been single elimination so far (though there are rumours of a changing format), but if you're in America, then yeah, swiss it is.

But in single elimination, it's really pot luck who you come up against; you could be completely new to the game and win because your opponent made a mistake, or you could be the best player there and lose because of a brightpowder Garchomp. I'd say on average, if you're serious enough to make a team, test it extensively on PO, RNG/breed it well, then you'll get a few rounds in, but nobody can really say.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
With the exception of non-volatile status (sleep/burn/paralysis/poison), HP, and PP, everything is reset when a Pokémon switches out.
As other people have said, the format is Swiss. However, the result is similar to what you're asking - unless you lose a lot, you aren't likely to see any casual players after the second round or so.

I am totally needing help with RNG a team. So far, my calibration tests seem to work. PID with my SEED for my attempted IV RNG time seems to work as well however I have not once been able to get an IV result. (Only using Black 2 retail / DSi XL / Windows computer so the newest RNG Reporter.)

What am I doing wrong?

I am totally needing help with RNG a team. So far, my calibration tests seem to work. PID with my SEED for my attempted IV RNG time seems to work as well however I have not once been able to get an IV result. (Only using Black 2 retail / DSi XL / Windows computer so the newest RNG Reporter.)

What am I doing wrong?
I would recommend asking in the RNG help thread for assistance as the users that regularly visit will be able to give you helpful, in depth advice.

It will not be allowed
Next time I suggest looking up information before making your claim, because if you had you would realize there is NO information on 2013 regionals, so for all anyone knows it could be allowed.

Des anybody know if Keldeo will be allowed in Winter Regionals 2013?
Unfortunately unknown at the moment because the rules aren't posted, but hopefully the rules will be up soon and that can confirm it.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
does anyone have any ideas for a regigigas move set? i know it seems like a bad pokemon but i have a plan
Bulky Physical Sweeper would be a good set, but you'd need a way to nullify Slow Start for it to be any good. If that is your plan, people will spot it right away so some luck will be needed to pull it off.

That said, Regigigas has bulk that rivals Cresselia, and has a good support move pool.
Des anybody know if Keldeo will be allowed in Winter Regionals 2013?
Most likely Keldeo will be banned from Winter Regionals 2013, as VGC tournaments tend to not allow event Pokemon. However as the rules have not been announced, it's not certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)