1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Solace, Aug 11, 2012.

1. TheAllyKat

TheAllyKat

Has there been any successful RNG Abuse for the Dream Radar or is that even possible? I do not have a 3DS yet.
  2. TheMantyke

TheMantyke slow
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

There have been several. You can get one yourself if you have a Mac and can use the program PPRNG. RNG Reporter (for windows) will be updated soon with the feature.
  3. Golden Piloswine

Golden Piloswine

I'm not aware of this, but I don't believe BW2 GBU allows the Therian forms?
  4. honchkro13

honchkro13

It does. At least you can see them now unlike in BW :\
  5. Golden Piloswine

Golden Piloswine

Really they have the same abilities, stats, etc. but you can't see them. That is really shocking. I would think that would'nt happen.
  6. Biosci

Biosci !
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a VGC3 Winner

Why would they ban them now when they haven't banned them for the months when only japan had them and america had no idea when they were fighting them?

At least we have the chance to see them now
  7. Otterz

Otterz

Does Burn lower Metagross' Attack even if it has Clear Body?
  8. honchkro13

honchkro13

Yes
  9. Cannonfodder

Cannonfodder

Do the pokes received from the 3ds game have iv restrictions or are they like the ones from the ds game that have no nature/iv restrictions?
  10. Solace

Solace swing from the chandelier
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

If you're referring to the Dream Radar, I don't think there are any restrictions.
  11. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

DR Pokémon can have any combination of IVs and nature. The only restriction is that they cannot be shiny.
  12. Branny00

Branny00

If I used Skill Swap on a Heatran to give it Levitate then switch it out, can I switch it back in and it will still have Levitate?
  13. steve12345

steve12345

Are beginners usually eliminated in the first round of VGC? Like are there only good players that go to VGC or are there bad players as well?
  14. TheMantyke

TheMantyke slow
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

It will not. Your Heatran will come out with Flash Fire
    Remember, VGC competitions are now in swiss format, meaning you'll be able to play every round regardless of how many losses you have. There's a wide range of skill levels across the tournament; there are many good and many bad players.
  15. steve12345

steve12345

Sorry, I am new to VGC. Thanks for the information though, I didn't know that!

Edit: Btw, is there a place I can look that has useful information like that?
  16. The Last Sheikah

The Last Sheikah

Here in Europe it's always been single elimination so far (though there are rumours of a changing format), but if you're in America, then yeah, swiss it is.

But in single elimination, it's really pot luck who you come up against; you could be completely new to the game and win because your opponent made a mistake, or you could be the best player there and lose because of a brightpowder Garchomp. I'd say on average, if you're serious enough to make a team, test it extensively on PO, RNG/breed it well, then you'll get a few rounds in, but nobody can really say.
  17. Feathers

Feathers

http://nuggetbridge.com/

a place with useful information like that
  18. Branny00

Branny00

Des anybody know if Keldeo will be allowed in Winter Regionals 2013?
  19. pokemaster649

pokemaster649

It will not be allowed
  20. voodoo pimp

With the exception of non-volatile status (sleep/burn/paralysis/poison), HP, and PP, everything is reset when a Pokémon switches out.
    As other people have said, the format is Swiss. However, the result is similar to what you're asking - unless you lose a lot, you aren't likely to see any casual players after the second round or so.
  21. TheAllyKat

TheAllyKat

I am totally needing help with RNG a team. So far, my calibration tests seem to work. PID with my SEED for my attempted IV RNG time seems to work as well however I have not once been able to get an IV result. (Only using Black 2 retail / DSi XL / Windows computer so the newest RNG Reporter.)

What am I doing wrong?
  22. TheMantyke

TheMantyke slow
    VGC Leader

I would recommend asking in the RNG help thread for assistance as the users that regularly visit will be able to give you helpful, in depth advice.
  23. Dark Arceus

Dark Arceus

Next time I suggest looking up information before making your claim, because if you had you would realize there is NO information on 2013 regionals, so for all anyone knows it could be allowed.

Unfortunately unknown at the moment because the rules aren't posted, but hopefully the rules will be up soon and that can confirm it.
  24. MANMAN9657

MANMAN9657

does anyone have any ideas for a regigigas move set? i know it seems like a bad pokemon but i have a plan
  25. voodoo pimp

Well, it would depend on what exactly your plan is. Can you elaborate?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)