Item: Leftovers
Ability: Pranster
Timid [-Attack, +Speed]
EV's: 248 Defense, 248 Special Defense, 12 Speed
  • Substitute
  • Leech Seed
  • Taunt
  • Giga Drain /Encore

Whimsicott is, well, Whimsicott. Get in, mess with the opponent. I generally combined him with Scrafty to get off a Substitute or Taunt as fast as I can and then focus on Whimsicott's staying power. The Speed EV's are helpful, as I've found it allows me to outrun most other Whimsicott I encounter. [Note: Most is not all]

I'm currently using Giga Drain so that I'm not Taunt-bait [even though I've seen Taunt decrease in use] and so that I can win stallbattles with other grass types. Nothing is funnier than Taunt+Substitute+Giga Draining an Amoonguss to death.

Archeops
Nickname: Klaude [Male]

Item: Flight Gem
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly [+Speed, -Special Attack
EV's: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
  • Acrobatics
  • Rock Slide
  • Protect
  • Quick Attack

With some reluctant testing, I started seeing about testing Archeops for power, speed, and compensation on my weakness to fighting types. Boy, were my results extravagant. Sure, Defeatist sucks balls. But the sheer power of Acrobatics and Rock Slide makes up for it. Still testing, but so far I like my results over Whimsicott [even though I miss the Whimsicott vs Whimsicott stall battles].
Quick Attack is for that tiny bit of priority.

Scrafty
Nickname: Genevier [Female]

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
Adamant [+Attack, -Special Attack]
EV's: 144 HP, 108 Attack, 128 Defense, 128 Special Defense
  • Fake Out
  • Crunch
  • Rock Slide
  • Drain Punch

My assistant lead. Fake Out is to assist in set up and to prevent enemy set up. Taunt is to prevent set up. Drain Punch is for recovery and STAB and Rock Slide hits alot of what I'm wanting to hit [I.e. Chandelure, Whimsicott, Darmanitan, Genie Bros] for decent damage.
---Took out Taunt for Crunch for coverage, as I found that I was never taunting with him anyways

Reuniclus
Nickname: Zelle [Female]

Item: Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Quiet [+Special Attack, -Speed]
EV's: 156 HP, 52 Defense, 252 Special Attack, 48 Special Defense
  • Trick Room
  • Psychic
  • Focus Blast
  • Shadow Ball

Trick Room Sweeping. The Trick Room doesn't bother the rest of the team save Zoroark, and I've almost never had them together so it hasn't become a problem. Magic Guard makes Life Orbing deadly. The EV Spread gives Reuniclus bulk to take a hit or 2. Psyshock/Focus Blast give Reuniclus good coverage, although I hate the unreliability of Focus Blast.
---Got rid of Recover, added in Shadow Ball and replaced Psyshock with Psychic [got fed up with Conkeldurr's taking Psyshock STAB attacks and living]

Conkeldurr
Nickname: Faust [Male]

Item: Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Relaxed [+Attack,-Speed]
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Defense
  • Protect
  • Drain Punch
  • Mach Punch
  • Rock Slide

SubPunching for damage. Mach Punch for priority and for finishing off opponents. Rock Slide is for coverage damage and double's damage while not limiting me like Earthquake might. I run Sheer Force over Guts because I've lost because of burn damage too many times [preference on my part] and I like the extra damage on Rock Slide [I never got lucky at flinching anyways]
EDIT: Did some testing and found that this works more for me than SubPunching did. The set is simple: Protect when needed, recover with Drain Punch, gain Priority with Mach Punch, and Rock Slide for coverage.
EDIT2: gave him a Guts-boosting Flame Orb. Works great.

Zoroark
Nickname: Zauberer [Male]

Item: Expert Belt
Ability: Illusion
Hasty [+Speed,-Defense]
EV's: 8 Attack, 248 Special Attack, 252 Speed
  • Night Daze
  • Flamethrower
  • Grass Knot
  • Sucker Punch

Zoroark is for screwing with the opponent with hit-and-run ninja tactics. Often impersonating Whimsicott [to lure in a Taunt for a free hit] or to exploit a weakness/resistance. I can usually 1-hit KO Chandelure, Seismitoad, Carracosta, and put major dents into Reuniclus [generally dropping it into the red zone] and Amoonguss [A problem for my team - curse you Rage Powder!!!] Sucker Punch is awesome for finishing opponents [i.e. Sashing Chandelure]

Cofagrigus

Item: Mental Herb
Ability: Mummy
Calm [+Special Defense,-Attack]
EV's: 252 HP, 128 Defense, 128 Special Defense
  • Shadow Ball
  • Toxic
  • Protect
  • Power Split

My wall. Toxic/Protect wears down other Pokemon. Shadow Ball is for damage/Taunt proof after the Mental Herb. Power Split is a personal favorite of mine, as it helps me handle Darmanitan, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Reuniclus, Conkeldurr, and other big attackers. It also makes me laugh when what should normally be a huge attack is barely half of what it used to be.

Krookodile
Nickname: Messer [Female]

Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly [+Speed,-Special Attack]
EV's: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Crunch
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Low Sweep

My solution to Genie's! Krookodile hits incredibly fast and hard with his Choice Scarf. Intimidate is a great ability and I prefer it over Moxie. I run Jolly and Max Speed to make sure I outspeed pesky Genie's and other Leads that can give me trouble. Krookodile is my "anti-lead", taking care of Genie's, Trick Roomers [i.e. Chandelure, Jellicent], the Muskateers [barring Virizion], Archeops, etc etc.]
Basically, if I outspeed it, it's taking enough damage to count.
---

I've found that the Genie trio give me big problems. Jellicent can stop me up if I'm not prepared for it. I was hoping to get ratings on this team and any assistance if available. With testing on Pokemon Online and with my friends, I've found I win ~60% of my games.
EDIT: Considering replacing Conkeldurr with something with more Coverage. Reason why: Still getting kicked around by Genies and I might need a saving grace to Archeops and Jellicent.

I REALLY need something to help me handle Acrobatics.

---EDITS: I'm able to handle things much better now. Genies can still be a problem, as can Terrakion.

CURRENT SYNAPSIS

So, threats to me are Amoonguss [god I hate shrooms. If its not Spore Breloom then its a freakin pokeball mushroom.], Focus Sash Chandelure [they can get in a pretty big dent], The Genie's [I can hit them hard, but it generally comes down to preparation and prediction] and Terrakion+Whimsicott combo. Jellicent's can wall me occasionally.

I really like your team. I especially like the set that you have on Cofagrigus. I might be a little biased there though.

Archeops might be a threat to your team. You do have power trick to take it Attack in half but you would need some luck to get it off. It normally has rock slide and the more dangerous move of acrobatics. You have rock slide and that is about it for what can really damage it any. I would suggest giving someone somewhere an electric type move. also since you are worried about accuracy with focus blast I think you should try to give Reuniclus hidden power fighting.

I hope this helps some.

Thanks, I'll do some testing with Hidden Power Fighting on Reuniclus.

I actually fair pretty well against Archeops. Flight-Gem Acrobatics does put me at major risk, but they generally only get off one or two attacks. Zoroark, Reuniclus, and Cofagrigus deal with him nicely. I considered an electric move somewhere [and even at one point replacing someone with Jellicent for Water damage] but I couldn't find a better reason to as of yet.

EDIT: Testing on Conkeldurr, and I'm finding his new set more reliable.

I was going to say, Cofagrigus is just way to fragile. I found that out while battling. You still have Cofagrigus on your OP and that is a little confusing. How to handle Acrobatics is to kill the pokemon before it attacks you. I have a thunder move on one of my pokemon with general takes care of the pesky archeops. Also, with Archeops ability all you have to do is get it below half hp and it doesn't do anything to you. Other Acrobatics users I am not sure how to deal with. I haven't run into that problem yet so I haven't tried to figure it out. I really like the set on Krookodile, I believe it will come in very handy.

Out of curiosity, which age group are you going to be in for the Atlanta Regionals? I am also going to that Regional.

Master's regional. Representing good ol' Jasper County!

Acrobatics isn't as much as a problem now with my strong Krookodile+Scrafty lead, generally just Fake Out + Rock Slide handles ALOT of threats. Works wonders. Right now I just have to watch out for Fighting leads and other Fake-Outs.

Jellicent is stubborn, but I can generally handle it. Choice-Scarf Water Spout sets hit me with bricks, however.

I just felt like keeping Cofagrigus because I want to keep a record of my changes.

You'd be surprised. Fake Out + Normal Gem = a surprising amount of damage from a Fake Out. That, and I cannot "easily" access a Chople Berry in life lol.

But, again, Fake Out + Normal Gem + Krookodile/Conkeldurr's Rock Slide/Attack = KO

We should find each other at the tourney. That would be pretty cool. On Whim, are you using encore or Giga Drain? I would use the later because you actually have the possibility to attack in the off chance that you are stuck up against a grass type one on one. As you said you do have a weakness to fighting leads. There are a lot of guts/flame orb Conkeldurr. As you know it is going to mach punch things and it hits pretty hard. I think that your reinuclus will be able to handle fighting types well if you can pick a good time to switch in. I am also in Masters so that you know.

Reuniclus is a gangster like that, and Whimsicott is capable of SubSeeding Conkeldurr's as long as I can keep Conk's partner under control.

I'm using Giga Drain to NOT become Taunt bait [gunna go edit that in now]

If I may make a suggestion; since fighting is a main deterrment on your team, perhaps change Reuniclus with Sigilyph, using Magic Guard Flame Orb and Psycho Shift, which means you can throw that life orb on Conkeldurr. It is a few more weaknesses given the typing, but it does have more coverage in terms of opposing fighters, and can be a phaser for them as well.

Also, I'll be in Atlanta too! Good to know what I'll be up against. :)

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
I would use Facade with Conkeldurr. Facade is double the power with Flame Orb PLUS Guts giving it exactly 210 damage, OHKOing anything in its way. By the way, thanks for rating my team! I love the tips you gave me!

Hrm, I like the Facade idea but I'm extremely comfortable with his current moveset [i'll keep it in mind for the future, however!]

And no problem

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
I suggest you use Big Root for Scrafty if you're going to use Drain Punch. Plus, Hammer Arm would be good for Conkeldurr because it is a STAB giving it 150 power. I think your team is great. Good luck in the VGC!

Well, Scrafty likes being bulky and Leftovers > Big Root, as i can use other moves and survive. Drain/Mach Punch provide the stab, priority and recovery so there is no room for Hammer Arm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)