VGC Team Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stolen From: Little Cup (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/little-cup-team-shop.3523204/)
This thread shall be used to help those in need for teambuilding. Anyone is free to request and participate.
Rules:
1. Need to have a very clear idea of what you want from the team, with at least 2-3 Pokemon being chosen as well
2. I reserve the right to deny your request if I feel it to not be sufficient
3. A GOOD explanation of your idea is required when you ask for help

The Helpees:

The Helpers:
Going to say anyone can participate for now

I want to build a HO Tailwind team for 4vs4 double battles as soon as I manage to soft reset the Suicune in my OR. Any ideas what I could/should add as the sixth team member or on what to change?

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Protect

>> 252+ Atk to hit as hard as possible; 180 Spd to outspeed 252 base 100 Pokémon like Zapdos, Charizard or Kangaskhan; STAB Meteor Mash to kill Fairy- and Ice-types for Hydreigon and for the awesome 20% Atk boost;
STAB Zen Headbutt to hit Electric-types hard, kill Amoonguss and Venusaur for Suicune and Sylveon and Fighting-types for Hydreigon; Hammer Arm for coverage (Steel-types, Dark-types, Mega Kangaskhan) <<

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 116 SAtk / 4 SDef / 28 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Protect

>> 116+ SAtk to OHKO Mega Salamence; 28 Spd to outspeed 252 Scarf Landorus-T and Mega Sceptile with Tailwind; remaining EVs maximize physical bulk;
Hydro Pump kills Fire- and Ground-types for Metagross; Ice Beam for coverage against opposing Dragon-types that threaten Hydreigon or Charizard and to kill Landorus-T in the sun; Tailwind for important speed control <<

Hydreigon (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SAtk / 172 Spd
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind
- Protect

>> 172+ Spd to outspeed 252 base 100 Pokémon like Zapdos, Charizard or Kangaskhan; 252 SAtk to hit as hard as possible; 84 HP let me survive a 252+ CB Talonflame Brave Bird plus one turn of LO recoil at full health;
STAB Dark Pulse to hit Ghost-types and opposing Metagross for my own Metagross and to also hit all the typical Trick Room Pokémon that are weak to Dark;

STAB Draco Meteor to nuke stuff and other Dragon-types; Tailwind for even more speed control <<

Sylveon (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SAtk / 76 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Hyper Beam

>> 252+ SAtk to hit as hard as possible; 76 Spd to outspeed 252+ Lati@s, Gengar and Thundurus with Tailwind support; remaining EVs into HP for bulk; deals heavy amounts of spread damage with Hyper Voice and creates a very powerful offensive pairing next to Charizard with Tailwind support;
kills Dark-, Dragon- and Fighting-types for Metagross, Charizard and Hydreigon; Psyshock to hit Poison-types; Hidden Power [Ground] for Heatran; Hyper Beam to annihilate bulky targets <<

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Protect

>> Second Mega Pokémon for mind games and special attacker against teams with Intimidate spam; removes opposing weather to slow down rain and sandstorm teams; STAB Heat Wave for spread damage; Focus Blast for Heatran, Tyranitar and opposing Hydreigon;
Solar Beam for coverage against Ground-, Rock- and Water-types; kills Ice-, Steel- and Grass-types for Hydreigon, Sylveon and Suicune; the EV spread could probably be optimized <<

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Nelson_Tangela:
The way I see your team, what it needs to best complete it in is a way to threaten Trick Room and punish Mega Kangaskhan outside of Metagross (Sucker Punch can make this unreliable if it takes damage early). There is a mon here that does this, although it will seem sorta redundant in the resistances department, and I suggest you give it a whirl:

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator (or effect spore if you really want to mess with Kang)
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: low Atk / low Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect
- Rage Powder

This is just standard.Amoonguss from 2k14 but you can work what you see fit. It threatens Trick Room with Spore and a god awful Speed stat and can get off needed damage on Kangaskhan through Rage Powder and smart switching with Regenerator. Rage Powder helps out TW Hydriegon too.

Hey there can you help me with my rain team?

Politoed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Drizzle
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Hyper Voice
- Ice Beam

he is the first pokemon that is usually thee first one in this type of team. focus slash is incase of a fast pokemon. then the moves scald for te stab and the chance of burn help with the damage and lower the opponents attack. hyper voice for a fair double hitter. ice beam for dragon types and a fair grass coverage. rain dance in case of a weather war with a mega that effect the weater.(like tyranitar or abomasnow).

Thundurus (M) @ Magnet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Rain Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Prank thunurus is a bit more complicated. with prankster it help stop my opponent using helping hand taunt trick room ext. thunderwave to stop faster pokemon. now rain dance is here cause if i need to set up rain i can just use him with prankster to set it up with out have to swich out into politoad. and thunder is there to make a 100%hit in rain powerful hit that gets a boost with magnet.

Pelipper @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 232 HP / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Air Slash
- Hurricane

Scarf Pelipper is many my answer to both rage powder amoongus and fighting types that appear to be around that is really common like scrafty with hurricane/air slash. Ice beam and scald for the same reason for them on politoad. Rain dish nature for a way of recovery. The scarf is to help it average speed where it is not fast enough to be good in any way as is to slow for most mons out speed it normally and not slow enough to be a good choice to face off against trick room teams

That is the main core of my team. think you can help me with the other 3.

Last edited:
I am looking for the guidance/opinion of a more experienced VGC player than myself and need help evaluating an unorthodox team I came up with. Any comments are appreciated.

Mega Swampert
Jolly Nature
252 HP 252 Speed 4 Attack
Power up Punch
Waterfall
Ice Punch
Protect

Mega Slowbro
Calm Nature
144 HP 252 SpDefense rest in SpAttack
Calm Mind
Slack Off
Psyshock
Scald

Cresselia @ leftovers
Bold Nature
252 HP 192 Defense rest in SpDefense
Trick Room
Helping Hand
Moonblast
Psychic

(This is where it gets freaky)

Tornadus @ sitrus berry
Timid Nature
252 Speed 252 HP 4 SpAttack
Taunt
Tailwind
Hurricane
Protect (open for debate tbh)

Klefki @ light clay
Bold Nature
144 SpDefense 252 HP rest in Defense
Dual Screens
Rain Dance
Draining Kiss

(Complete shot in the dark)

Infernape (focus sash)
Adamant Nature
252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
Thunder Punch
Mach Punch
Fire Punch
Protect, Close Combat, Poison Jab

I was also considering Conkeldurr, any Goodra variant, Dragalge, Talonflame, or Garchomp. However, I had a Whimsicott set I played around with in showdown I liked:

Whimsicott @ leftovers
Timid Nature
Giga Drain
Taunt
Leech Seed
Tailwind

He obviously got replaced by Tornadus due to fear of Charizard Y heat wave...as I said, I would appreciate any advice. Excuse my lack of etiquette, Im very very new to the forums

I am looking for the guidance/opinion of a more experienced VGC player than myself and need help evaluating an unorthodox team I came up with. Any comments are appreciated.

Mega Swampert
Jolly Nature
252 HP 252 Speed 4 Attack
Power up Punch
Waterfall
Ice Punch
Protect

Mega Slowbro
Calm Nature
144 HP 252 SpDefense rest in SpAttack
Calm Mind
Slack Off
Psyshock
Scald

Cresselia @ leftovers
Bold Nature
252 HP 192 Defense rest in SpDefense
Trick Room
Helping Hand
Moonblast
Psychic

(This is where it gets freaky)

Tornadus @ sitrus berry
Timid Nature
Taunt
Tailwind
Hurricane
Protect (open for debate tbh)

Klefki @ light clay
Bold Nature
144 SpDefense 252 HP rest in Defense
Dual Screens
Rain Dance
Draining Kiss

(Complete shot in the dark)

Infernape (focus sash)
Adamant Nature
252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
Thunder Punch
Mach Punch
Fire Punch
Protect, Close Combat, Poison Jab

I was also considering Conkeldurr, any Goodra variant, Dragalge, Talonflame, or Garchomp. However, I had a Whimsicott set I played around with in showdown I liked:

Whimsicott @ leftovers
Timid Nature
Giga Drain
Taunt
Leech Seed
Tailwind

He obviously got replaced by Tornadus due to fear of Charizard Y heat wave...as I said, I would appreciate any advice. Excuse my lack of etiquette, Im very very new to the forums
Welcome to the forums.

Your team seems to be somewhat off balanced. You have Cresselia with trick room which the rest of your team except for Slowbro really finds any use. Also, I recommend taking out Slowbro for Politoad since Politoad can support Mega Swampert with its ability Drizzle and makes Tornadus's Hurricanes never miss.

If you would like to learn more about the VGC meta game, I recommend clicking here for some on and off site VGC Learning Resources.

Hey there can you help me with my rain team?

Politoed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Drizzle
Level: 50
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Hyper Voice
- Ice Beam

he is the first pokemon that is usually thee first one in this type of team. focus slash is incase of a fast pokemon. then the moves scald for te stab and the chance of burn help with the damage and lower the opponents attack. hyper voice for a fair double hitter. ice beam for dragon types and a fair grass coverage. rain dance in case of a weather war with a mega that effect the weater.(like tyranitar or abomasnow).

Thundurus (M) @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Rain Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Prank thunurus is a bit more complicated. with prankster it help stop my opponent using helping hand taunt trick room ext. thunderwave to stop faster pokemon. now rain dance is here cause if i need to set up rain i can just use him with prankster to set it up with out have to swich out into politoad. and thunder is there to make a 100%hit in rain powerful hit that gets a boost with magnet.

Pelipper @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 232 HP / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Air Slash
- Hurricane

Scarf Pelipper is many my answer to both rage powder amoongus and fighting types that appear to be around that is really common like scrafty with hurricane/air slash. Ice beam and scald for the same reason for them on politoad. Rain dish nature for a way of recovery. The scarf is to help it average speed where it is not fast enough to be good in any way as is to slow for most mons out speed it normally and not slow enough to be a good choice to face off against trick room teams

That is the main core of my team. think you can help me with the other 3.
You should probably add Mega Swampert in since its a beast under rain support because of the ability swift swim
Mega Swampert @ Mega Stone
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
-Protect

Ludicolo is another option as well. With Rain Dish, this is making Ludicolo a more bulkier Pokemon.
Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
EVs: 164 HP / 140 Def / 68 SpA / 4 SpD / 132 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Fake Out

I can't really see Pelliper doing much since its kind of weak. Tornadus-T is better option. Also if your worried about the speed of Politoad losing to fast Pokemon, Scarf Politoad works.

Last edited:
thanks it just i usually find politoad being one i end up using as one of my last 2 and dont want to be choiced into anything. but pellpifer is a good choice for me. i will try your sugestions though about the mega as well as lulicolo

I want to build a team with these four Pokemon:

Salamence @ Salamenceite
Ability: Intimidate - Aerilate
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ground

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Protect

Any ideas what I could add as the last two team members or what to change? Thanks ;)

I'm trying to build a PerishTrap team. Any ideas how to improve it / what could I add in the two remain slots?

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Perish Song
- Substitute
- Protect

My PerishTrapper. SubProtect for survivability and Shadow Ball for not being Taunt bait. The EVs are chosen to be as fast as it can while having some bulk to tank a hit the turn it uses Perish Song

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Taunt
- Encore
- Protect

Gengar's main companion. Prankster Taunt+Encore is a great combo for dealing with troublesome pokemon for Gengar such as Sableye or Fake Out Scrappy Kangaskhan. Giga Drain is to deal with Rotom-W and increase Whimsicott's time on the battlefield.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

My scarfer and attack controller. Thanks to Superpower I can deal with Bisharp in case it tries to counter my Intimidate. Rock Slide for spreading damage and EQ for STAB. I might change U-Turn for Knock Off though.

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

My tank and burn spreader. Hydro Pump for STAB and Volt Switch to make a VoltTurn core with Lando. I might switch VS for Discharge in case I drop U-Turn on Lando since it'll allow me to control speed too, but VoltTurn seems quite good in PerishTrap strategies.

I have been thinking in adding Weavile (as a Fake Out user and to control MMence) and Gothielle/Dugtrio (as my second Trapper). Any help would be appreciated.

I'm trying to build a PerishTrap team. Any ideas how to improve it / what could I add in the two remain slots?

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Perish Song
- Substitute
- Protect

My PerishTrapper. SubProtect for survivability and Shadow Ball for not being Taunt bait. The EVs are chosen to be as fast as it can while having some bulk to tank a hit the turn it uses Perish Song

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Taunt
- Encore
- Protect

Gengar's main companion. Prankster Taunt+Encore is a great combo for dealing with troublesome pokemon for Gengar such as Sableye or Fake Out Scrappy Kangaskhan. Giga Drain is to deal with Rotom-W and increase Whimsicott's time on the battlefield.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

My scarfer and attack controller. Thanks to Superpower I can deal with Bisharp in case it tries to counter my Intimidate. Rock Slide for spreading damage and EQ for STAB. I might change U-Turn for Knock Off though.

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

My tank and burn spreader. Hydro Pump for STAB and Volt Switch to make a VoltTurn core with Lando. I might switch VS for Discharge in case I drop U-Turn on Lando since it'll allow me to control speed too, but VoltTurn seems quite good in PerishTrap strategies.

I have been thinking in adding Weavile (as a Fake Out user and to control MMence) and Gothielle/Dugtrio (as my second Trapper). Any help would be appreciated.
I don't have any experience with Perish Trap, but I can give a shot at helping you out anyways. I like Weavile, but not to control Mega Mence. I think it would make more sense to use a Special Attacker to take care of it since if it comes down to the end, and Mence comes in, Intimidate will lower your Attack. For a second trapper, I actually really like Gothitelle, so I'd recommend going with that. Again, I don't really have much experience with '14 or '15, but maybe add Sylveon? I've seen Sylveon do quite well and it can also take care of Mega Mence.

Mkushrom Dugtrio doesn't really work as a second trapper, given that its very frail and doesn't trap flying types. If your team is pure perish trap, you need a second perish song user (to trap the second group of pokemon). If its not, you need a secondary win condition, since at best you KO 2 pokemon, and even that may not work against all teams.

I don't have any experience with Perish Trap, but I can give a shot at helping you out anyways. I like Weavile, but not to control Mega Mence. I think it would make more sense to use a Special Attacker to take care of it since if it comes down to the end, and Mence comes in, Intimidate will lower your Attack. For a second trapper, I actually really like Gothitelle, so I'd recommend going with that. Again, I don't really have much experience with '14 or '15, but maybe add Sylveon? I've seen Sylveon do quite well and it can also take care of Mega Mence.
Thanks for the input. You are right, better use a Special Attacker against MMence. Maybe Greninja or Porygon2? Sylveon might work too though, I'll test them. I have also thought on adding a Follow Me/Rage Powder user like Togekiss or Amoonguss.

Mkushrom Dugtrio doesn't really work as a second trapper, given that its very frail and doesn't trap flying types. If your team is pure perish trap, you need a second perish song user (to trap the second group of pokemon). If its not, you need a secondary win condition, since at best you KO 2 pokemon, and even that may not work against all teams.
I was thinking on making the team not PerishTrap based so I can have it as a secondary win condition since Disable+Enconte is enough to take down opponents with Shadow Ball. I'll take a look at the other Megas. Is Altaria any good in VGC?

Mkushrom - You also might want to look into Politoed or Azumarill as back-up perish song users!
I'm not very fond on Politoed since setting rain might be worse with the amount of rain-based teams with MSwampert but I think I'll give Azumarill a shot, thanks

Man, I'm not going to open a RMT thread, since nobody answers there, and this thread seems more apt for my doubt.

Hi there, as soon as I got my OR, I set to make Mega Swamp to work. However, that made me obliged to always use Politoed and MegaPert, and that makes two pokemon out of four with a weakness to Grass, and I was having trouble to deal with Sombrero Pineapple Mon (aka Ludicolo), and then with the ammount of Intimidates over there I decided to build a new team.

However, after trying it out, I couldn't get over 1100 on Showdown, and lost 5 out of 6 matches (the one I won was 2-1, only two of the ones I lost were 1-2), so I don't know what's the matter, and I keep changing the last mon (even though I don't know if the other 5 are good enough).

Oya (Bisharp) (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Def / 92 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt
- Iron Head
- Protect

Well, this was where I started the team. I knew I wanted something that would make my opponents think twice before bringing their Intimidates to the playground. Milotic was not an option, due to the next mon. As the team is going for TW support, I didn't invest in Speed, max Atk + Adamant to hit the hardest and the defensive effort allows it to survive two Hyper Voices from Sylveon and a Double Edge from Mence (iirc, after the Intimidate).

Focus Sash in case I run into a crit or something fight, and that will allow me to hit their fairy.

Iron Head for fairies, Sucker Punch for priority and a nice move, Taunt for Trick Room, Smeargle, Thundy, etc, and Protect for Protect.

Eusine (Suicune) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 188 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpA / 44 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Protect

This was the mon I really wanted to use. It's my favorite legend not named Lugia, and I as soon as I learned it would be VGC legal, I wanted to use it (after I discarded the MegaPert team, I mean). It's Bold to handle the physical meta, and the effort in both Def and SDef + HP allow it to take hits harder. The 212 SpA means Ice Beam OHKOes 4 HP MegaMence 100% of time, and the rest went to speed to outspeed something I really don't recall -_-'.

Tailwind support is its main function, but it can also go straight to nuke in case I see an opening. Ice Beam for Dragons and Genies, Scald for good STAB + Burn.

Oxumare (Sylveon) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 116 HP / 108 Def / 116 SpA / 94 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Psyshock
- Sleep Talk

This is a pokemon I wanted to use since it was first shown. Eevee is my favorite mon, and when I tried my hand on it in OU, I really liked the bulk and the nuke. At first, it's Calm to get good switches agains special attackers. It's also better against Gunk Shot and Sludge Bomb. The SDef + HP EVs allow it to survive Gunk Shot a good ammount of time (if I did the calcs right), SpA is enough to OHKO MegaMence, 76 Speed is enough to outspeed Mega Sceptile and Scarf Landorus in TW, and the rest went to Def for more bulk.

Hyper Voice because it's almost the new Brave Bird, Psyshock to deal with Poison things, Sleep Talk to surprise Dark Void and Protect for Protect. I'm still thinking about using Quick Attack instead of Sleep Talk, but, although I'm not seeing as many Smeargles as I thought I would, here in Brazil people love to use it and the cheap Dark Void strategy, so maybe I'll be using Quick Attack on BS and Showdown, and change it to Sleep Talk here.

Xango! (Zapdos) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 220 HP / 52 Def / 28 SpA / 172 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind

This is the fourth mon I'm almost sure of. I played with the idea of Thundy here, but I'm not sure just yet, I like having another Tailwind supporter, meaning I don't have to bring Cune 100% of the time, and I'm also happy to have a spread move like Heat Wave. Bold for the same reason as Cune, The EVs are meant to optimize its bulk. Safety Goggles to avoid redirection with Rage Powder and Spore. It has won me a game already.

T-Wave and Tailwind for Speed Control, it'll depend on what's happening. on the field. Thunderbolt for STAB, Heat Wave for coverage and spread. I believe everyone knows what Zapdos does.

-->>

Dannu (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 212 HP / 212 Atk / 20 Def / 4 SpD / 60 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out

Ok, I'm not proud of it, but I couldn't think of another mega that could fit better than Mega Kanga. The Spread is the same I saw in some report last year, it's meant to survive a Hammer Arm from another Mega Kanga. I'll probably have to rethink it, now that HJK Lopunny is a thing and Low Kick is back.

Fake Out for Fake Out (Although I'm thinking of changing it to Protect), Low Kick because it hits really hard almost everything it's super-effective against, harder than Hammer Arm, Sucker Punch just because and Double-Edge because I like the raw power of it.

Now, onto the last slot.

I've been playing with the same team, and exchanging three pokemon for the last slot. I'll put all of them here because I really need to know who can work better (also, besides Bisharp, Cune and Sylveon, I guess everyone else is exchangeable, in case someone has a better suggestion).

Candidate #01

Euryale (Hydreigon) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 84 HP / 90 Def / 252 SpA / 84 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse

I honestly clicked buttons here. I wanted to use Hydreigon, but it made my team with three weaknesses against Fighting-type moves. I went for Max nuke power with 252 SpA and Modest, and divided the rest to improve bulk. Specs to compound with the nuke focus.

Dark Pulse and Draco Meteor are kind of obvious in it. Earth Power offers good way to deal with Heatran, Camerupt and other things weak to it. Dragon Pulse is there in case I don't need the immediate power of Meteor, and don't want to deal with the SAtk loss.

Candidate #02

-->>
6-megay.gif

Charly (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 92 HP / 4 Def / 212 SpA / 44 SpD / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Overheat
- Steel Wing

I used CharY at the end of VGC 14, and I really liked it. The spread I saw somewhere here, and I really liked the fact that it survives more hits than 252/252. Modest for more power.

Protect and Heat Wave are sort of obvious. Iirc, with this SAtk, it can OHKO Mega Kanga with Overheat. Steel Wing in case I need to finish some annoying fairy, but as I never used it, I'm thinking of putting SolarBeam back.

Candidate #03

Cernunnos (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 212 HP / 36 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hammer Arm

Right now, this is the one I've been using more, so I'm more inclined to use it. Intimidate is just too good to pass up, and I really need it. Careful + Assault Vest + 252 SpD + 212 HP makes it survive A TON of moves that are generally used to deal with it. 36 Atk to have some offensive power and 4 Def just because there were spare points.

U-Turn to go up and down spreading Intimidate. Knock Off to hit hard almost all TR setters and Aegis (even though it might activate Weakness Policy), E-Quake because it's Landy, and Hammer Arm to have a hard hitting attack, and also to decrease its speed, in case I'm dealing with a TR team.

Well, this is it. I do hope you can help me. I don't really like doing RMTs, because it generally means you don't know what you're doing, but right now I don't know where I am wrong.

Thanks a lot for your attention and help =)

Man, I'm not going to open a RMT thread, since nobody answers there, and this thread seems more apt for my doubt.

Hi there, as soon as I got my OR, I set to make Mega Swamp to work. However, that made me obliged to always use Politoed and MegaPert, and that makes two pokemon out of four with a weakness to Grass, and I was having trouble to deal with Sombrero Pineapple Mon (aka Ludicolo), and then with the ammount of Intimidates over there I decided to build a new team.

However, after trying it out, I couldn't get over 1100 on Showdown, and lost 5 out of 6 matches (the one I won was 2-1, only two of the ones I lost were 1-2), so I don't know what's the matter, and I keep changing the last mon (even though I don't know if the other 5 are good enough).

Oya (Bisharp) (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Def / 92 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt
- Iron Head
- Protect

Well, this was where I started the team. I knew I wanted something that would make my opponents think twice before bringing their Intimidates to the playground. Milotic was not an option, due to the next mon. As the team is going for TW support, I didn't invest in Speed, max Atk + Adamant to hit the hardest and the defensive effort allows it to survive two Hyper Voices from Sylveon and a Double Edge from Mence (iirc, after the Intimidate).

Focus Sash in case I run into a crit or something fight, and that will allow me to hit their fairy.

Iron Head for fairies, Sucker Punch for priority and a nice move, Taunt for Trick Room, Smeargle, Thundy, etc, and Protect for Protect.

Eusine (Suicune) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 188 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpA / 44 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Protect

This was the mon I really wanted to use. It's my favorite legend not named Lugia, and I as soon as I learned it would be VGC legal, I wanted to use it (after I discarded the MegaPert team, I mean). It's Bold to handle the physical meta, and the effort in both Def and SDef + HP allow it to take hits harder. The 212 SpA means Ice Beam OHKOes 4 HP MegaMence 100% of time, and the rest went to speed to outspeed something I really don't recall -_-'.

Tailwind support is its main function, but it can also go straight to nuke in case I see an opening. Ice Beam for Dragons and Genies, Scald for good STAB + Burn.

Oxumare (Sylveon) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 116 HP / 108 Def / 116 SpA / 94 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Psyshock
- Sleep Talk

This is a pokemon I wanted to use since it was first shown. Eevee is my favorite mon, and when I tried my hand on it in OU, I really liked the bulk and the nuke. At first, it's Calm to get good switches agains special attackers. It's also better against Gunk Shot and Sludge Bomb. The SDef + HP EVs allow it to survive Gunk Shot a good ammount of time (if I did the calcs right), SpA is enough to OHKO MegaMence, 76 Speed is enough to outspeed Mega Sceptile and Scarf Landorus in TW, and the rest went to Def for more bulk.

Hyper Voice because it's almost the new Brave Bird, Psyshock to deal with Poison things, Sleep Talk to surprise Dark Void and Protect for Protect. I'm still thinking about using Quick Attack instead of Sleep Talk, but, although I'm not seeing as many Smeargles as I thought I would, here in Brazil people love to use it and the cheap Dark Void strategy, so maybe I'll be using Quick Attack on BS and Showdown, and change it to Sleep Talk here.

Xango! (Zapdos) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 220 HP / 52 Def / 28 SpA / 172 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind

This is the fourth mon I'm almost sure of. I played with the idea of Thundy here, but I'm not sure just yet, I like having another Tailwind supporter, meaning I don't have to bring Cune 100% of the time, and I'm also happy to have a spread move like Heat Wave. Bold for the same reason as Cune, The EVs are meant to optimize its bulk. Safety Goggles to avoid redirection with Rage Powder and Spore. It has won me a game already.

T-Wave and Tailwind for Speed Control, it'll depend on what's happening. on the field. Thunderbolt for STAB, Heat Wave for coverage and spread. I believe everyone knows what Zapdos does.

-->>

Dannu (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
EVs: 212 HP / 212 Atk / 20 Def / 4 SpD / 60 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out

Ok, I'm not proud of it, but I couldn't think of another mega that could fit better than Mega Kanga. The Spread is the same I saw in some report last year, it's meant to survive a Hammer Arm from another Mega Kanga. I'll probably have to rethink it, now that HJK Lopunny is a thing and Low Kick is back.

Fake Out for Fake Out (Although I'm thinking of changing it to Protect), Low Kick because it hits really hard almost everything it's super-effective against, harder than Hammer Arm, Sucker Punch just because and Double-Edge because I like the raw power of it.

Now, onto the last slot.

I've been playing with the same team, and exchanging three pokemon for the last slot. I'll put all of them here because I really need to know who can work better (also, besides Bisharp, Cune and Sylveon, I guess everyone else is exchangeable, in case someone has a better suggestion).

Candidate #01

Euryale (Hydreigon) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 84 HP / 90 Def / 252 SpA / 84 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse

I honestly clicked buttons here. I wanted to use Hydreigon, but it made my team with three weaknesses against Fighting-type moves. I went for Max nuke power with 252 SpA and Modest, and divided the rest to improve bulk. Specs to compound with the nuke focus.

Dark Pulse and Draco Meteor are kind of obvious in it. Earth Power offers good way to deal with Heatran, Camerupt and other things weak to it. Dragon Pulse is there in case I don't need the immediate power of Meteor, and don't want to deal with the SAtk loss.

Candidate #02

-->>
6-megay.gif

Charly (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 92 HP / 4 Def / 212 SpA / 44 SpD / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Overheat
- Steel Wing

I used CharY at the end of VGC 14, and I really liked it. The spread I saw somewhere here, and I really liked the fact that it survives more hits than 252/252. Modest for more power.

Protect and Heat Wave are sort of obvious. Iirc, with this SAtk, it can OHKO Mega Kanga with Overheat. Steel Wing in case I need to finish some annoying fairy, but as I never used it, I'm thinking of putting SolarBeam back.

Candidate #03

Cernunnos (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 212 HP / 36 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hammer Arm

Right now, this is the one I've been using more, so I'm more inclined to use it. Intimidate is just too good to pass up, and I really need it. Careful + Assault Vest + 252 SpD + 212 HP makes it survive A TON of moves that are generally used to deal with it. 36 Atk to have some offensive power and 4 Def just because there were spare points.

U-Turn to go up and down spreading Intimidate. Knock Off to hit hard almost all TR setters and Aegis (even though it might activate Weakness Policy), E-Quake because it's Landy, and Hammer Arm to have a hard hitting attack, and also to decrease its speed, in case I'm dealing with a TR team.

Well, this is it. I do hope you can help me. I don't really like doing RMTs, because it generally means you don't know what you're doing, but right now I don't know where I am wrong.

Thanks a lot for your attention and help =)
If you still want a rain team, Talonflame is a really good counter to Ludicolo. Did you ever try that out?

Would a Jolly Zapdos work? Just because I got one off the gts earlier? (For OU singles)
Probably not. You could still run support options like T-wave or tailwind, but its physical movepool is limited to, well, drill peck. Off a base 90 attack stat. You might as well run Emolga.

I want to build a team with these four Pokemon:

Salamence @ Salamenceite
Ability: Intimidate - Aerilate
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ground

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Protect

Any ideas what I could add as the last two team members or what to change? Thanks ;)
Please, I need some advice :)

Probably not. You could still run support options like T-wave or tailwind, but its physical movepool is limited to, well, drill peck. Off a base 90 attack stat. You might as well run Emolga.
Thanks, I started using it, it's special is still half decent at 299, it's good enough for me :) but still thanks

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I think a dedicated RMT thread might be more successful here instead of telling everyone to go to the RMT forum. Like you said, nobody who's interested in VGC goes there, and if the battle spot forum is any indication, having the RMTs in the forum itself helps keep the forum active.

Hello, I'm trying to build a team for an upcoming in-game tournament that'll be using pseudo-VGC rules... or maybe the exact rules if Flat Battle format is the same. Either way, bring 6, use 4, and has similar bans at any rate, such as item clause, but no restriction on things being Gen VI born (although breeding in previous gens would probably take way too long for the amount of time I have to be ready.)

Anyway, it's a bit more of a casual tournament, so I'm not worried about building a hyper-competitive team. But, at the same time, I'm having to crash course on VGC and doubles a bit and I really don't want to be one of the ones who lose in the first round or two, so I want at least a pretty good team, which I need to get into breeding soon since I only have a little more than two weeks.

So, I'm focused on using Ninetales and Houndoom-Mega on a sun team. I kind of have something that works decently with it, but I feel I could do a lot better. I'm also saddled with the following restrictions.

-I don't have many legal legendaries that have good IVs right now, since I've not gotten around to finishing ORAS' main story (I know, I'm slow). I know all the IVs of what I do have, so I can provide those if you really think I need one.

-I don't have the know-how nor tools to do proper HP breeding.

-I also don't have the tools to properly breed genderless mons. At least, not quickly enough for the amount of time I have to breed. Otherwise I'd probably have some sort of Rotom here already.

That said, any advice?

Ninetales @ Wide Lens
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heat Wave
- Hypnosis
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Ninetales has similar coverage as Houndoom so, I figure if Houndoom can't break it, than Ninetales certainly can't. Hence a lot of statusy support instead of going offensive. It actually works pretty well so far.

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Destiny Bond

A fairly standard set as far as I'm aware, though I'm tempted to put Solarbeam on there somewhere. Not sure on the ability here, and not sure it really matters.

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed

Something to jack with the stuff that would otherwise harass Ninetales and Houndoom while also abusing the sun. Venusaur is so far working out pretty well. I rarely use Leech Seed though, so I'm thinking I might be better off with a different move.

Mamoswine @ Expert Belt
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 198 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Protect

I grabbed him to harass Ground and Dragon types, but I rarely ever seem to bring him into the match. So... really not sure on him.

Clefable @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Protect
- Moonblast

Sometimes it works nicely, sometimes it falls flat. I feel like I could be doing this better, but it's definitely had its moments where it really helped out. I don't think I've clicked Moonblast yet, so maybe there's a better move for that slot?

Mienshao @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- High Jump Kick
- Quick Guard

This actually works out pretty niftily, especially if I manage to predict a field-set up lead. Free Taunts through opposing Fake Outs or, if I led with it and Ninetales, Fake Out on mon and she puts the other to sleep. I have yet to click Quick Guard at all, so I'm wondering if I'd be better off with something like Knock Off?

Rain so far hasn't been much a problem while Trick Room has (particularly since I don't recognize the myriad of TR setters). I'm sure I'm missing on a bunch of other threats though.

Rumors Not a bad team. I'd say houndoom's pre-mega ability should be flash fire, since being able to switch in on a fire type attack is valuable. Also, Clefable should probably run magic guard, since unaware isn't as good. That being said, togekiss can run the exact same set, but better imo. Your EV spread needs a lot of work, since maxing out HP and then trying to EV out Def/SpD makes you more bulky overall.

Mamoswine should probably run Rock Slide. Most people run a scarf on it to outspeed stuff, since its slow and now very capable of taking hits, especially special hits. Focus sash would also work, but you're already using that.

Most venusaurs run HP fire, but I guess you can't get that (maybe look to trade for one?). You should probably figure out exactly what you need a +2 Venusaur to outspeed, and give it just enough speed evs to reach that, since usually max speed on a chlorophyll user is wasteful.

Houndoom probably needs protect. Destiny bond is kinda gimmicky, and you should probably run solar beam or protect over it.

Running low kick over HJK on mienshao might be worth it, since protect is everywhere in VGC. HJK is very risky overall, especially as your only attacking move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)