Victim Of The Week V2

I wouldn't say that. Aron can used to beat more than just Murkrow and Swirlx (which alone is pretty impressive, since they are very dangerous) Aron can beat Fletchling, Meowth, Porygon, Spritzee, Pawniard (lacking breaking break), Vullaby, Snover, Taillow, Zigzagoon, Archen, Foongus, Torchic and Lickitung.

This is not a small list, in fact Murkrow and Swirlx are both S-ranked threats and not a lot of LC pokes in A-B rank can say that they shut down two S-ranked threats. Spirtzee, Murkrow, Vullaby, Pawniard, Foongus, and Porygon are on a large amount of teams in this metagame alone.
Forcing out a the enemy alone is not enough, it needs to pose a threat to possible switch ins, which is where Aron fails. It's stabs are weak, as with its attack stat without investment, and it has poor status moves. Without Sturdy it cannot effectively run Head Smash, it's best damaging move which severely hinders it. I would consider Aron a low C rank mon, as it has its niche, but it's not something I would ever use on a real serious team. It's far too situational to be completely viable. The same applies to Shieldon.

I've been using BJ Archen to check Murkrows on a team, and it's worked well. If it gets a free switch, Archen can take a Brave Bird, HP Ice, etc. and then strike back with Rock Slide for a quick KO.

Berry Juice makes sure it comes back from Defeatist range, making the Rock Slide a OHKO, even to Eviolite, that will murk the Murkrow. Plus, with Berry Juice, it will open up Acrobatics for max damage to wreck more havoc on the remaining members of the opposing player's team.

180 Atk Archen Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Murkrow: 24-30 (109 - 136.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am honestly now seeing Misdreavus more often than Meditite or Murkrow at this point.

Pawniard is too good of a Krow switch-in to the physical krow set (which is the most common), and MixKrow while viable is frail, and Sucker Punch without Substitute is like the cone without the ice cream. Although I have been destroyed recently by some HP Grass Krow sets...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)