Warstory: Shiny Oddish vs Quetz

Well it was a particularly boring morning on Shoddy Battle, I'd only had one UU battle in about three hours - which I didn't enjoy - and so in between watching Uber Matches and reading the inane drivel that was being poasted in the main chat I decided to make a joke team ...

It was inspired by the character of Harley from the Pokemon anime.
For those unfamiliar with the character, he was May's rival, and a rather camp co-ordinator who dressed like his favourite pokemon Cacturne. Yet surprisingly his team featured som rather cool/interesting pokemon and Wigglytuff >_> . Oh I should point out that Shuckle was an addition made by me, Serebii only had five pokemon listed for Harvey and I needed a wall damn it!

Anyway I played three ladder matches with this team. The first two were total bloodbaths ... this one, well lets just say I put up a bit more of a fight and one pokemon unexpectedly shone. Anyway hope you enjoy the battle ...

Shiny Oddish's team (in order of appearance)

Quetz team (in order of appearance)

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause

All reference to Leftovers are ommitted after their initial mention ...

Quetz sent out Staraptor.
Shiny Oddish sent out Cacturne.
Staraptor's intimidate cut Cacturne's attack!
Mr.Pkmn has entered the room.

As soon as I saw Staraptor I began preparing for a third bloodbath.
Still I had one shot as my Cacturne is sashed and was running running Counter so I had a chance at OHKOing it as long as it used Close Combat or Brave Bird ...

Staraptor used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Cacturne lost 100% of its health.
Cacturne hung on using its Focus Sash!
Quetz switched in Blissey.
Cacturne used Counter.
Blissey lost 82% of its health.
Blissey's leftovers restored its health a little!

Damn U-Turn, still the Blissey switch in was fortunate ... as the blob could really screw Octillery up.

Cacturne used Seed Bomb.
Blissey lost 25% of its health.
Quetz's Blissey fainted.

Not quite sure why Blissey stayed in, but never look a gift-horse in the mouth and all that ...
6-5 Shiny Oddish

Quetz switched in Staraptor.
Staraptor's intimidate cut Cacturne's attack!
Cacturne used Sucker Punch.
Staraptor lost 27% of its health.
Staraptor used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Shiny Oddish's Cacturne fainted.
Quetz switched in Azelf.

Cacturne couldn't really do much else, so I sacrificed it. Still it had taken out the fat pink witch, so it had served a vital purpose.
5-5

Shiny Oddish switched in Banette.
Banette found Azelf's Life Orb!
Azelf used Psychic.
Banette lost 85% of its health.
Azelf lost 10% of its health.
Banette used Thunder Wave.
Azelf is paralysed!

Well Banette was sashed too, so again it could take at least one hit.
Don't quite know why I didn't just Sucker Punch straight off, it might have KOed there and then ... still you live and learn.

---
Staraptor's intimidate cut Banette's attack!
Banette used Sucker Punch.

Bad prediction on my part, pure and simple, I should have suspsected the switch and T-Waved again.

[=_=] has entered the room.
Quetz switched in Electivire (lvl 100 Electivire ?).
Banette used Sucker Punch.
But it failed!

Banette used Shadow Sneak.
Electivire lost 24% of its health.
Electivire used Thunderpunch.
Banette lost 15% of its health.
Shiny Oddish's Banette fainted.

Another sacrifice ... 5-4 Quetz

Shiny Oddish switched in Wigglytuff.
Electivire used Low Kick.
It's super effective!
Wigglytuff lost 33% of its health.
Wigglytuff used Counter.
Electivire lost 76% of its health.
Quetz's Electivire fainted.

This was pure luck, I switched Wiggly in forgetting that most normal Electivire run Cross Chop, fortuantely this one didn't, and unfortunately it paid the price for it.
4-4

Staraptor's intimidate cut Wigglytuff's attack!
Staraptor used Close Combat.
Wigglytuff lost 73% of its health.
Shiny Oddish's Wigglytuff fainted.
Staraptor's defence was lowered.
Staraptor's special defence was lowered.

Misprediction again, I thought he'd predict a switch and so U-Turn, unfortuantely for me he didn't.
4-3 Quetz

Shiny Oddish switched in Shuckle.
Staraptor used Close Combat.
Shuckle lost 25% of its health.
Staraptor's defence was lowered.
Staraptor's special defence was lowered.
Shuckle used Stealth Rock.
Shuckle's leftovers restored its health a little!

Shuckle my last line of defence against Staraptor ... and by defence I mean stalling it for a couple of turns, as it would have taken a month for me to actually damage it significantly. That'll teach me to run Stealth Rock/Body Slam over Knock Off/Toxic.

Quetz switched in Gengar.
Pointed stones dug into Gengar.
Shuckle used Encore.
But it failed!

Gengar ... my heart sank. I gave up any slim hope of winning this ... still expecting hypnosis I switched in ...

Shiny Oddish switched in Ariados (lvl 100 Ariados ?).
Gengar used Focus Blast.
It's not very effective...
Ariados lost 28% of its health.
Ariados's leftovers restored its health a little!

Araidos, which sadly isn't much faster than Shuckle. Still it has a couple of choic priority moves neither of which Gengar like ... so I have one shot.

Quetz switched in Swampert.
Pointed stones dug into Swampert.
Ariados used Sucker Punch.
But it failed!
Swampert's leftovers restored its health a little!

Noooooooooo! I was just about to wish my opponent good game, when I remember Ariados' contingency ... I didn't expect much but what the hell, I'd already lasted longer than my other matches combined.

Swampert used Stealth Rock.
Ariados used Giga Drain.
It's super effective!
Swampert lost 44% of its health.
Ariados absorbed health!

Unfortunately the following turn Quetz went back to Staraptor prompting me to stwitch back to Shuckle ... and so a turn or two later ...

Staraptor used Brave Bird.
Shuckle lost 29% of its health.
Shiny Oddish's Shuckle fainted.
Staraptor was hit by recoil!
4-2 Quetz

Shiny Oddish switched in Ariados.
Pointed stones dug into Ariados.
Staraptor lost 20% of its health.
Quetz's Staraptor fainted.

Fortunately Staraptor's attempts to off Shuckle had caused it some serious damage ... now between Intimidate and Ariados' lack of STAB there were no guarantees but fortunately the poke gods were taking pity on me.
3-2 Quetz

Quetz switched in Azelf.
Pointed stones dug into Azelf.
But it failed!
Azelf used Nasty Plot.

Haha I'm faster ... crap it didn't attack. Still Sucker Punch isn't my only super effective move against Azelf here's hoping to KO's it ...

Ariados used Shadow Sneak.
It's super effective!
Azelf lost 41% of its health.
Azelf used Nasty Plot.

That did less damage then I thought ... oh well you had a good run Ariados. Wait he didn't attack... haha die Azelf >:)

Ariados used Shadow Sneak.
It's super effective!
Azelf lost 36% of its health.
Quetz's Azelf fainted.

Take note people don't get too greedy with your stat upping.
2-2

[=_=]: nice
Quetz: blech
Swampert used Earthquake.
Ariados lost 65% of its health.
Ariados used Giga Drain.
It's super effective!
Swampert lost 45% of its health.
Ariados absorbed health!

The following turn I Giga Drain again only to be met by a Gengar switch-in ... and so ...

It's super effective!
Gengar lost 66% of its health.
Quetz's Gengar fainted.

Who'd have thought Ariados would have been my team's saviour?
2-1 Shiny Oddish

Quetz: gg
Mr.Pkmn: lol ariados sweep
Shiny Oddish: gg

Swampert used Earthquake.
Ariados lost 56% of its health.
Ariados used Giga Drain.
It's super effective!
Swampert lost 11% of its health.
Quetz's Swampert fainted.
Shiny Oddish wins!

Yay to ...
Ariados - obviously
Quetz - for kindly agreeing to my posting this.
Cacturne - for killing Blissey, which whilst not vital to this battle is always a good thing.

Boo to ...
My rubbishy predicition with Banette

I don't like UU vs. OU. Usually it's just for people to say "Haha, congratz on using UU and winning", when the battle was pretty crappy in the first place. This battle was pretty decent, though. I would've U-Turn'd to Gengar, knowing that most Cacturne only have Sucker Punch for Dark STAB, and it usually has CounterSash when leading, but I suppose not many people read the Smogon analysis for random UUs like I do.

@Shadow Sunny

If you are simply going to post to point out trivial mistakes, you might want to make sure that your own post is free of them... you might recall I least spelt Harvey correctly.

Anyway as its obviously so important a part of the story, you'll be pleased to know that the issue has been addressed.

@TheMantyke.

Unfortunately there was no real opportunity to switch Octillery in. I'm going to see how this team runs in UU, so maybe he'll get a chance to shine there.

@Blaziken 57

I always try to post UU vs. OU war-stories where the battle was reasonably close, or what I consider to be reasonably interesting, In this instance I was surprised and pleased with how Ariados worked out and hoped others would find that interesting. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I always wanted to use an Ariados, I really like those little spiders. One of these days, I'm going to try to make a team that doesn't have the move name 'Trick Room' in it. Dx

*kickselfforspeakingoftheimpossible*

I loved everypart of it. I like the way you turn a pokemon into champion which I would never ever put on my team. I mean ariados turning into a powerhouse. It was hilarious. Keep up the good work!

haha i loled when ariados swept god that must had been a silly moment for the foe Quetz because he just blew his chance of sweeping by getting greedy

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I don't like UU vs. OU. Usually it's just for people to say "Haha, congratz on using UU and winning",
Hell no, UU vs OU is my favourite scenario in Pokemon. It's great to see outmatched Pokemon battling against superior odds.

I've always loved Ariados, but that was simply outstanding. I still don't view him as usable, but it's great to see him have his moment! :)

Hell no, UU vs OU is my favourite scenario in Pokemon. It's great to see outmatched Pokemon battling against superior odds.

I've always loved Ariados, but that was simply outstanding. I still don't view him as usable, but it's great to see him have his moment! :)
That's exactly why I don't like it. Often people will just say "Hahaha Spinda sweep", when the battle was actually pretty crappy, with 0 prediction or anything. Yes, everyone loves to see Butterfree make a 6-1 comeback, but if the reason you lost the other 5 team members was because you played really crappily, then don't warstory it.

On a side note, I feel really terrible right now.

Hmm, if I saw an Ariados I would probably expect some Spider Web/Baton pass business rather than priority moves. Frankly I didn't even know it got Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch. Interesting match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)