Serious What do you want to do with your life?

i personally don't have exact plans for the future i just need to finish secondary school (currently year 8) and see where life takes me. i have good knowledge in literature, maths, it and engineering. i also am someone who likes cooking and designing advertisements. aerodynamics and photo editing are also things i am interested in.
britain has a lot of places where this can be applied so hopefully i can work somewhere nearby but eh i am still young and i can see what happens with my gcses and a-levels so who knows.
i do dream of having an car tuning shop and writing for famous car magazines. my luck recently has been pretty good so hopefully this can stay past college

My plan is to finish my double major in Biology and Chemistry, then if marks permit me, get a Masters degree in one of the two. I want to study diseases in cells and I'm currently leaning towards studying Alzheimer's Disease. Non-professionally wise, I want to travel as much as possible and take in as many cultures as I possibly can. :)

Zodiax

not this
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
I've always had troubles on what I've wanted to do in life but I've set a goal and I want to hopefully achieve it.

I want to become a physical education teacher and teaching ages 11-16. I've been involved with PE for quite a bit of my life but it wasn't something that I didn't think could turn into a good career. My initial plan was to study dance at Trinity Laban in London to study contemporary dance once I had completed my dance diploma at college but unfortunately a coursework invigilator saw differently to my teacher and thus got a lower predicted grade only leaving with an E when I was predicted an A. Because of this and basically getting threatened by my college nearly every week that I could be kicked out because I dropped out of nearly all of my subjects to focus on dance and leaving with an E deeply upset me. I decided that I wanted to take a gap year off (what I'm currently doing working in a bar) to decide what I wanted to do and now this is what I want. It's going to take a while to get into uni as in I will need to go back to college to do something called an Access to Higher Education course in Educational Studies for one year and once I pass that I can go to University where my course is 4 years.

It's taken a while for me to know what I want to do with my life (I don't particularly want to be pouring pints until I'm 65) but it's the start of what I hope to be a great teaching career.

My primary interests are Sociology and Anthropology. I really want to understand and use the complex systems that make up our society and on the same hand understand our "humaness" and the different cultures that make up different societies, which is what I'm studying right now. But I know that there won't be that much money for someone with a degree on both of that fields so one of my goals in life would probably be pursuing law but it still depends. I really want to make my plans as flexible as possible but not to the extent of losing sight of it entirely.

My parents, though upset at first because of the options that a Sociology or Anthropology major have is very, very limited, are supporting me on my decisions and are helping me make the best of it along the way. They believe that I must pursue what I want and will help me accomplish that to the best of their capabilities. I don't want to disappoint them that's why I am doing my best too.

Principal Investigator of a laboratory in learning & memory, neuroscience & psychology. Basically looking at the biological mechanisms underlying storage, reconsolidation, and retrieval of our memories within the brain which is actually what I do now for my undergraduate research projects.

On the side of that, I definitely want a wife and kids. Some part of me realized that just recently.

Well, actually, after I got out of high school, I was hoping to go to Full Sail and become a game designer at Nintendo or Sony.
Full Sail has a horrible reputation. Going to just about any accredited university would be a superior option. From what I've seen, there a couple universities that offer degrees focused on game development that are actually worthwhile. If you want the curriculum be focused around game development (which is unnecessary, in all honesty; computer science is computer science, same for the other skills necessary), I would suggest DigiPen. Nintendo of America is located next door. Keep in mind, if you're not from Japan, you won't be working as a game designer (or artists or writer or any of that) at Nintendo. At best you'll work in their technical support team. This group offers support to third party developers using Nintendo's hardware and improve on Nintendo's SDKs, but they don't make games.

Hmm...

I totally came in here with an answer but it seems very different from everyone else (or maybe I read the title wrong?). I want my own family. Coincidentally, I know this is going to be the hardest thing in my life. I know I'm not a nice person, and I don't even get along with people that easily. I'm socially awkward. A geek. But I'll still do my damnest, otherwise I lived for nothing.

Full Sail has a horrible reputation. Going to just about any accredited university would be a superior option. From what I've seen, there a couple universities that offer degrees focused on game development that are actually worthwhile. If you want the curriculum be focused around game development (which is unnecessary, in all honesty; computer science is computer science, same for the other skills necessary), I would suggest DigiPen. Nintendo of America is located next door. Keep in mind, if you're not from Japan, you won't be working as a game designer (or artists or writer or any of that) at Nintendo. At best you'll work in their technical support team. This group offers support to third party developers using Nintendo's hardware and improve on Nintendo's SDKs, but they don't make games.
I thought there was a Nintendo Of America that worked with the Japanese team on the game design. Huh. Sony it is, then.

I just recently graduated with my B.Sc in Neurobiology, and I'm taking a couple of years off to mature a bit and get some more work experience under my belt. I really didn't know what I wanted to do when I got into undergrad (I just knew that I liked science). Though from taking science classes and doing undergraduate research, I knew that I was very fascinated with drugs and human physiology (favorite classes in college were Principles of Drug Action and Systems Physiology), so a career that applies that knowledge to solve problems is something that I want to go into. I thought I wanted to do a PhD in Pharmacology & Toxicology, but I don't know if I'd want to do bench work or be in Academia for the rest of my life as I really want to do research with clinical applications and maybe conduct and design clinical trials in a hospital or pharmaceutical company setting (the job market for PhDs isn't so great right now). Because I like research as well as health care, I decided that I want to go to Pharmacy school. With a PharmD, I have SO many career options (and, more importantly, more career stability) that extend past research, and with a PharmD, I feel like I'd be able to effectively conduct research with clinical applications as I would be exposed to the health care aspect (thinking about doing a PharmD/PhD, but I need to do some more research on that as some people have told me it's a waste of time and you can still do research with a PharmD alone). Even if I find out later that I may get tired of research, there are just so many employment options with a PharmD that I might like, which makes me attracted to it (also, the high salary is very attractive as well). Basically, the goal of me taking time off is to make myself a more competitive applicant for pharmacy school and just expose myself more to medical/pharmaceutical research and the different aspects of pharmacy. I plan to take 2-3 years off, but there isn't any rush to apply as I want to get as much exposure as I can (besides, I'm burnt out from school and I just want to be an adult for a bit and learn and have fun from it). My plan right now is to find a full time job as a research assistant at a medical center or pharmaceutical company. My interests include neuropharmacology and behavioral pharmacology (very fascinated with the biology of psychiatric disorders such as depression and addiction), cancer pharmacology, cardiovascular pharmacology, teratology (i.e. environmental effect on embryonic development; an example of this would be fetal alcohol stuff), and reproductive pharmacology/endocrinology. So, I'm trying to find work in labs that do something that falls within my interests. I'm also studying for the PCAT and my Pharmacy Tech certification, which would allow me to work as a tech in a pharmacy (may do this part time while doing research for a bit and then just switch to a full time tech or find work with a pharmaceutical company) or do some volunteer/shadow work with different types of pharmacists. I think I have a good plan. I just need to stay motivated, and be diligent with making it come to fruition.

I guess for personal life goals.... I just want to make sure I'm happy and healthy and financially stable. I want to start exercising again and bulk up. I'm a pretty skinny guy, so I want to gain like 20-30 lbs (in muscle of course so I can be healthy and look hot in cute underwear). Play more tennis as I love that sport. Get more into cars as I really love cars. Definitely travel around the world (particularly want to go to the more progressive areas of Turkey and Israel). And, marry a man that I can't see myself living without (good thing I can legally marry now thanks to the Supreme Court, but me getting married isn't going to happen any time soon as I want to establish myself first).

I just recently graduated with my B.Sc in Neurobiology, and I'm taking a couple of years off to mature a bit and get some more work experience under my belt. I really didn't know what I wanted to do when I got into undergrad (I just knew that I liked science). Though from taking science classes and doing undergraduate research, I knew that I was very fascinated with drugs and human physiology (favorite classes in college were Principles of Drug Action and Systems Physiology), so a career that applies that knowledge to solve problems is something that I want to go into. I thought I wanted to do a PhD in Pharmacology & Toxicology, but I don't know if I'd want to do bench work or be in Academia for the rest of my life as I really want to do research with clinical applications and maybe conduct and design clinical trials in a hospital or pharmaceutical company setting (the job market for PhDs isn't so great right now). Because I like research as well as health care, I decided that I want to go to Pharmacy school. With a PharmD, I have SO many career options (and, more importantly, more career stability) that extend past research, and with a PharmD, I feel like I'd be able to effectively conduct research with clinical applications as I would be exposed to the health care aspect (thinking about doing a PharmD/PhD, but I need to do some more research on that as some people have told me it's a waste of time and you can still do research with a PharmD alone). Even if I find out later that I may get tired of research, there are just so many employment options with a PharmD that I might like, which makes me attracted to it (also, the high salary is very attractive as well). Basically, the goal of me taking time off is to make myself a more competitive applicant for pharmacy school and just expose myself more to medical/pharmaceutical research and the different aspects of pharmacy. I plan to take 2-3 years off, but there isn't any rush to apply as I want to get as much exposure as I can (besides, I'm burnt out from school and I just want to be an adult for a bit and learn and have fun from it). My plan right now is to find a full time job as a research assistant at a medical center or pharmaceutical company. My interests include neuropharmacology and behavioral pharmacology (very fascinated with the biology of psychiatric disorders such as depression and addiction), cancer pharmacology, cardiovascular pharmacology, teratology (i.e. environmental effect on embryonic development; an example of this would be fetal alcohol stuff), and reproductive pharmacology/endocrinology. So, I'm trying to find work in labs that do something that falls within my interests. I'm also studying for the PCAT and my Pharmacy Tech certification, which would allow me to work as a tech in a pharmacy (may do this part time while doing research for a bit and then just switch to a full time tech or find work with a pharmaceutical company) or do some volunteer/shadow work with different types of pharmacists. I think I have a good plan. I just need to stay motivated, and be diligent with making it come to fruition.

I guess for personal life goals.... I just want to make sure I'm happy and healthy and financially stable. I want to start exercising again and bulk up. I'm a pretty skinny guy, so I want to gain like 20-30 lbs (in muscle of course so I can be healthy and look hot in cute underwear). Play more tennis as I love that sport. Get more into cars as I really love cars. Definitely travel around the world (particularly want to go to the more progressive areas of Turkey and Israel). And, marry a man that I can't see myself living without (good thing I can legally marry now thanks to the Supreme Court, but me getting married isn't going to happen any time soon as I want to establish myself first).
That's a very inspiring plan you got there. You do you, bro.
Just so you know, I'm totally non-homophobe. Marry when you're ready, and don't rush things, eh?

1) Finish Uni
2) Get a job / House / car
3) Propose to my girlfriend
4) Get Married
5) Travel with fiance
6) make a family

Im happy :) (literally all i want in my life)
Ever since i was like 8 years old i knew the type of girl i would want to marry, the type of life i wanted to live, where i wanted to travel - i dont know its pretty weird for a 8 year old but i was a dreamer, a thinker haha (still am) I cant wait till i finish the struggle of university and then i can live my life!

Toonchu EU Switzerland

Banned deucer.
Well, as a person who's tryingbto get a doctorate in physics, I want to do Aerospace engineering. I have heard people say that America is the best place for a job like this, but Switzerland has zero thing in stuff like that. I want to engineer and help with the aerodynamics, help shaping the nosecone, drag, weight, etc. I was going to get a Bachelor's in genetics, but aerospace engineering caught my eye. Being 20, and on a Pokemon website and saying what I want to be in life, makes me feel kind ofof strange.

TL;DR: Rockets and planes.

The idea that's appealed to me for the past several years now is going into law/law enforcement. Current goal is to Major in Liberal Arts and minor in Criminology, then head to law school from there. Once that's done I have two options: I can become a licensed attorney or I can become a cop for a few years then apply to the FBI. I'm most attracted to the latter. My one goal in life is to catch a criminal; just one person who's made the world a bit of a worse place. I think if I can do that my life will have been worth it.

Hopefully I'll catch/put away more than one xD

For the short term, I just need to find any kind of job so I can start making money. I'm not too picky at this point in time.
As for long term goals, I have NO idea. I have some vague concepts in mind such as doing something in the media or something that involves writing, but certainly nothing solidified enough to the point that I can call it a goal. It's quite frustrating really, I was hoping to have a sense of direction after college, but I feel more lost now than ever.

I really don't know, all I know so far is that I'm going to make this large fiction, and I'm already many steps into the making of it. Otherwise, everything else just seems...blank.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
I'd like to have a good source of income, could be anything, I haven't the slightest idea what, but not at the cost of having no free time, move to London, get a nice place to stay, get a dog and a hot girlfriend (one who shares my disbelief in the institution of marriage and doesn't want kids). I have fat genes and I've been hitting the gym pretty hard for close to two years so I'd like to get ripped ASAP (already have a two pack). Recently graduated with a bachelor's degree in business administration, currently trying to gain some work experience working as a recruiter for international and domestic BPOs. Still clueless as ever on the career front though.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)