What the hell, RMT

This team was just kinda some ideas floating around that'd I try to meld together. I think it'll work well.

Ninjask (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Baton Pass
- Sissor Cross
- Blade Test

Quick and fast offense, and BP when it's time to go.

Jolteon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Baton Pass

Quick and fast offense, and BP when it's time to go. Is my alternate lead.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 104 Def / 112 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Stone Edge
- Awaken Slap
- Seed Bomb

"SlapLoom". Beats any restalker with some prediction. Spore when they attack, awaken slap on the sleep talk. Stone Edge and Seed Bomb on the other turns. Defenses are kinda random, since I don't know what to expect.

Poliwrath (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Bulk Up

Only physical sweeper I know of who can set up on bulky waters, and even excels at doing so. Ice Punch is a great addition to his movepool, letting him cover everything he needs to.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Bravery
EVs: 84 HP / 196 Def / 32 Spd / 196 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Return
- Wish
- Earthquake
- Protect

Bravery means I don't have to run Shadow Claw, freeing me up for EQ. Also gets wishes to Jolteon and Ninjask. Considering some more defenses since he's designed to stay around and wish.

Magnezone (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Manet Pull
EVs: 220 HP / 196 Spd / 32 SAtk / 60 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Electrolevitate

Replaced Luster Cannon with Twave and HP Ground with HP Ice, changing the EVs to compensate for the IV change.

It's late at night, so I didn't have time to go through the threat list, but it looks like it'll work pretty well. Overall, this team has 2 very fast offensive pokemon, with some slower ones that can both tank and pack a punch.

I like that breloom although it seems a little gimmicky and situational. And just a quick question, can you bp on dugtrios arena trap?

I like that breloom although it seems a little gimmicky and situational. And just a quick question, can you bp on dugtrios arena trap?
Well, in NB you could have Scizor BP through Magneton's Magnet Pull, so unless that's incorrect to in-game then I'd say yes.

Edit: Magnezone as your sole Crunch resist could be problematic, he hasn't been given too many defense or HP EVs, so there could be a durability problem. Also notable is that if CBtar does Earthquake your only resist is gone.

Needs more threat analysis...seems way too "thrown together too", old school Aerial Ace Salamence would totally rampage this. ): Luster Cannon is garbage, use Thunder Wave, Substitute or Toxic.

Well, in NB you could have Scizor BP through Magneton's Magnet Pull, so unless that's incorrect to in-game then I'd say yes.

Edit: Magnezone as your sole Crunch resist could be problematic, he hasn't been given too many defense or HP EVs, so there could be a durability problem. Also notable is that if CBtar does Earthquake your only resist is gone.
Not too much HP? He has 336 HP, which is maximum lefties recovery. And you seem to forget Breloom could sop up EQs easy enough, and Magnezone could Electrolevitate before an EQ, since he has 224 spd.

Needs more threat analysis...seems way too "thrown together too", old school Aerial Ace Salamence would totally rampage this. ): Luster Cannon is garbage, use Thunder Wave, Substitute or Toxic.
I can switch to Jolteon and OHKO with HP Ice, and Luster Cannon is damage stuff like Ttar hard, and for a second STAB.

You never know when it turns out poke X ends up walling Magnezone and it needs Luster Cannon to do any real damage to it. I'm just trying some stuff out, since competitor won't be out for awhile. Though this team is kinda thrown together, but I'm just starting the process of refining the idea.

Not too much HP? He has 336 HP, which is maximum lefties recovery. And you seem to forget Breloom could sop up EQs easy enough, and Magnezone could Electrolevitate before an EQ, since he has 224 spd.
... I really shouldn't post before I've had my morning cup of coffee, I don't notice things well at all.

I can switch to Jolteon and OHKO with HP Ice, and Luster Cannon is damage stuff like Ttar hard, and for a second STAB.
Jolteon takes a fair bit of damage from Aerial Ace despite resisting it, 65 base defense IIRC isn't enough to take the hit too well. It would scare Salamence off, yes, but pretty much every advance Salamence carried Earthquake as far as I saw, meaning if you guess wrong with your switch Jolteon is toast.

Breloom is nice and all, but I'm not sure of the effectiveness. What happens when they switch? Put Stone Edge over either Focus Punch or Awaken Slap. Also make Breloom max HP and Impish. It resists all of CBTar's moves and he eats you alive right now. 104 DEF EVs stops the 2HKO and you still get Lefties recovery in SS thanks to Poison Heal.

Definitely replace Luster Cannon. Almost anymove is better than it. Kangashkan wants to be bulkier because it is Wish Passing. Sub should probably on on Jolteon over Shadow Ball.

The team looks nice, it justs needs to be playtested to perfection.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

You never know when it turns out poke X ends up walling Magnezone and it needs Luster Cannon to do any real damage to it. I'm just trying some stuff out, since competitor won't be out for awhile. Though this team is kinda thrown together, but I'm just starting the process of refining the idea.
I'm pretty sure Mekkah was talking about an old school DD Salamence, which would indeed 6-0 you since all DD Sala have at least 264 speed pretty much quintessentially to outspeed Timid Jolteon after a DD, but I'll laugh if anyone actually uses AA ond DD Salamence so whatever.

The real DD threat would be Gyarados, who can beat you from turn one by DDing, but you may be in luck again if your opponent isn't using a Jolly Gyarados since Jolteon would outspeed it even after a DD, but in both cases Jolteon is never in a million years a sensible switch into a pokemon with Dragon Dance.

Also, in the future don't post your team if you haven't gone through the threat checklist, that's like a direct insult to both me and this board =/

Jask needs Somersault > BPass, for that extra damage. Loom really needs Stone Edge or something because otherwise flyers will come in and be all like "lol if you say so"

Breloom is nice and all, but I'm not sure of the effectiveness. What happens when they switch? Put Stone Edge over either Focus Punch or Awaken Slap. Also make Breloom max HP and Impish. It resists all of CBTar's moves and he eats you alive right now. 104 DEF EVs stops the 2HKO and you still get Lefties recovery in SS thanks to Poison Heal.

Definitely replace Luster Cannon. Almost anymove is better than it. Kangashkan wants to be bulkier because it is Wish Passing. Sub should probably on on Jolteon over Shadow Ball.

The team looks nice, it justs needs to be playtested to perfection.
Stone Edge will go over Focus Punch, 'cause Awaken Slap is vital to the moveset. And what should I put over Luster Cannon? Twave? That could help, but I'm worried about it getting in the way of Breloom's Spore. And why sub on Jolteon? Life Orb will drain his HP enough, he wouldn't be effective losing HP with sub. And OHKOing stuff like Gengar and Zam could be helpful.

I'm pretty sure Mekkah was talking about an old school DD Salamence, which would indeed 6-0 you since all DD Sala have at least 264 speed pretty much quintessentially to outspeed Timid Jolteon after a DD, but I'll laugh if anyone actually uses AA ond DD Salamence so whatever.

The real DD threat would be Gyarados, who can beat you from turn one by DDing, but you may be in luck again if your opponent isn't using a Jolly Gyarados since Jolteon would outspeed it even after a DD, but in both cases Jolteon is never in a million years a sensible switch into a pokemon with Dragon Dance.

Also, in the future don't post your team if you haven't gone through the threat checklist, that's like a direct insult to both me and this board =/
Sorry about that. It was just late at night and I decided to just post it. Sorry if it seemed like I was being insultive. How would you reccomend I deal with DDmence? Any way these pokes right now can do it? Or would I need a replacement?

Jask needs Somersault > BPass, for that extra damage. Loom really needs Stone Edge or something because otherwise flyers will come in and be all like "lol if you say so"
Does Somersault work EXACTLY like BP except I can get in an attack? Or does it just switch me out without passing the boosts? Because speed boosting can help slow(er) guys like Magnezone and Poliwrath.

And okay, Stone Edge is it. Flyers would screw me over otherwise.

Yeah, I kinda want to see weather or not they switch or stay in(or use Focus Punch), and I'd like to pass though speed boosts to somebody like, Poliwrath.

EDIT: I changed up Breloom, his EVs do this:

Give him enough HP and def to NOT be 2hkod by max atk CBtar's Stone Edge. +spd nature to hit 224, and rest in atk. Put Stone Edge over Focus Punch to his flyers.

Changed up Kanga:

More defenses. Just 248 atk, with 245 in defenses. 372 HP, and 224 spd.

I am going to leave Luster Cannon on Jibacoil unless I can run HP Grass/Ice, because Flygon and(to a lesser extent) Garchomp, will shit all over me otherwise, and I still wanna zing other Magnezones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)