Project What's His Last? - RU Edition - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original by Halcyon. and Subject 18
OP stolen from littlelucario
Approved by Spirit

What's it about:
So remember way back in gen 4 there was no such thing as team preview, you just had to guess the pokemon based off what the player had and what would've worked together with the pokemon he has shown. You had to be prepared for anything even his last 6th pokemon and that's where this idea comes into place. At times there will be where 5 pokemon who work so well together that you cant pick a 6th mon. But it always comes to be where you might be blinded for the fact that your team might have a major weakness like no hazard support, no checks or counters to a certain pokemon, or getting walled by a pokemon. This project pertains to let the community figure out what would the 6th pokemon be to best help out the team.

How it will work:
Each round i will post a team with one missing pokemon. Your job is to post suggestions for the final mon that can is best suitable for the team and why. Every round will last up to 5 days to 1 week(depends on how many users suggest) and once the week is up, i will count the number of suggestions and put them on a voting chart. The voting will last up to 1-2 days. The user who has the most votes will be crowned the winner and be displayed in a hall of fame.

Rules:
1. Standard forum rules apply to this thread as well. So no antagonizing or insulting other users for their picks. Also no one liners.
2. No joke sets or pokemon. Sets that are plain bad or unviable will not be accepted and pokemon that are suggested such as "magikarp" are not welcomed.
3. Only one nomination per person, per round. Dont suggest more than 1 pokemon.
4. Do not vote for your own set when voting time comes. It will be neglected.
5. If you have a team you would like to be featured, pm me on smogon or ps with a pastebin of the team and its analysis.
6. If you believe some sets should be changed around, feel free to mention it, just dont backlash the whole team.
7. No changing the other members of the team including sets. Only i am allowed to do that.
8. Only one person can nominate a certain Pokemon, per round.
9. Do not suggest BL2 Pokemon, Its a BANLIST, which means its not allowed.
10. Enjoy and have fun! :D
Hall of Fame

Winner: atomicllamas and his scarf delphox.
Winner: Chakra with his defensive rotom-fan

Last edited:
Round 1

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Protect

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I decided to make a team based off hitmonlee+slowking which i thought was an interesting core. Hitmonlee's base role is too hjk everything to oblivion while also functioning as a hazard remover with rapid spin. Slowking comes into place to take in a psychic, flying, or fairy attack while handling to be a good check/counter to multiple threats such as Medicham, Mega steelix, and flygon. Eelektross is my stable check to threats such as fletchinder, braviary, and siglyph while also acting as a good pivot and an offensive threat itself, speed evs are put there to outspeed jellicent and alomola without getting infliced with status. Registeel is my main stealth rocker and normal check to trum, diancie, and venusaur while also standing on its own as a status inflictor. Lastly Venusaur is there to get a more offensive pressure on the team by handling pokemon such as diancie, amoongus, water types, etc.

But What's His Last?

You may now post.

Not sure about this team tbh. There's a lot of stuff that could be the last option and it would still be inherently weak to other Pokemon.

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

I believe that this team's biggest weaknesses are CM Psychic types (Meloetta, Slowking, etc.) and Scrafty. My go to nomination was Spiritomb but I really disliked just how weak it made this team to Scrafty, so my second choice was Absol. Although it does not counter Scrafty, Absol keeps it from getting a free Dragon Dance with Superpower. If it does manage to win the 50-50 it can take out both Meloetta and Slowking. Sucker Punch at least gives this team some much needed Speed, tho it's not the best.

While there's a good chance it will get banned, durant basically wipes this team. As a solution, I propose this.

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Heavy Slam

Yeah, I know all the cool kids are using defensive boar these days, but I think this team is a little slow for my taste, and scarfed boar provides some nice speed. It also keeps you from getting 6-0ed by SD+ZHB Virizion. Nothing here that really hasn't been seen before, and it should act as a nice blanket check to various offensive threats. Congrats on the thread launch!

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Def / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

The team currently has no set up sweeper which means it can struggle late game trying to clean up. Fletchinder can fit into this spot well since Hitmonlee can take care of hazard while Slowking and Venusaur can help to get rid of bulky Rock and Water-types. Hitmonlee also takes care of bulky steel-types and slow Volt Switches from Eelektross help to get fletch in on the right turn.

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

Ok so after thinking about this for a little,I think Houndoom would make an exceptional last mon for this team.Backing off on what Kableye said,CM pokemon are indeed a problem for this team,which is why Houndoom would be good.With this set, it can hit those pokemon such as Delphox and what not,along with pressuring them with Pursuit.With Houndoom's great ATK stats,It would most likely OHKO or 2HKO those threats.Plus, with Venusaur and Slowking on the team, It helps with the pokemon Houndoom does not like to mess with like Ground/Water types. Which both give good coverage too.

(This is my first post with some thinking.Tell me what you think!) YAY

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Looking at the team, I'd say the biggest issue that needs to be addressed is the weakness to opposing Scrafty, and more importantly SD ZHB Virizion which currently 6-0es the team. I'd say the weakness to CM Psychics is slightly overstated, as AV Eel w/ knock and Registeel can theoretically beat every CM Psychic (though not always in practice), Registeel would be more successful vs Sigi w/ Thunder Wave over Protect, but you can t wave that w/ Slowking as well. The team is also really slow, and while T wave Colbur Slowking helps this issue slightly and definitely opens holes up for LO Venusaur to wallbreak the opposing team, it is not enough speed control. Essentially the team needs a cleaner that beats Virizion and Scrafty, and also at least troubles Durant, as Durant can be annoying if Hone Claws, or a well played Choice mon. Rapid Spin on Hitmonlee also allows this last member to be SR or Hazard Weak (otherwise its unnecessary cause Venu is absorbing T Spikes).

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Trick
- Dazzling Gleam

This set does the above things (counters ZHB Virizion, checks all Virizion, RK's Scrafty, Troubles Durant, is fast), while also giving another option v CM Psychics by locking them into a single move with trick. Delphox also appreciates Colbur Slowking luring in Dark Types and T waving / Scalding them. The only thing I don't really like about this Pokemon in this slot is that it leaves the team moderately weak to Absol, which I'd fix by going jolly on Hitmonlee (Adamant Lee ties Jolly Absol, Jolly Lee Mach Punch always KOes Absol after rocks or 1 round of LO recoil). I also like trick Choice Scarf users Mega Lix won't switch into, cause they are good against offense and defense.

Also just wanted to say this project seems really cool, but moving forward I think picking a team with a more flexible last slot, rather than one that is obviously Fletchinder (I mean at least I think it is o_o), would make for a more fun competition. For example, I think leaving out a glue mon like the Slowking, would have lead to a bunch of different submissions which would have been cool to compare other people's thoughts to how you went about finishing the team at the end. When a Pokemon is the wincon that also checks 2 huge threats to the team its pretty easy to pick out. That being said, I think this was fine for a warm up, and people still managed to come up with alternatives to the last (although I do think Absol / Houndoom leave the team too Virizion weak, but I think Emboar and Delphox (not biased :p) are actually viable alternatives that would allow the team to function still).

But yeah cool project, cool team, glad to see more people getting involved Oo.

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 4 SpD / 20 Spe m
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

This seems to fit in perfect, providing cleric support so slowking is less likely to be toxiced and registeel less likely to be burned.
Also provides wish support for registeel which is clutch for him.
Fairy stab also aids this team.
The ability to switch in on scrafty is neccesary since he otherwise destroys you.
also checks sprititomb.
and this were just some reasons I'm sure there are more benefits in using this!
(it wont be his design)

Thanks for the support everybody, as my first thread i got a little bit nervous thinking it wont do well, but with some nice comments and advice, this can be a somewhat successful project. :)

Anyways lets start by voting on who had the best suggestion for the team.

Voting Options

Absol, Kableye
Emboar, ThatWackyCruton
Fletchinder, Take an Azelfie
Houndoom, CrzyCookie
Delphox, atomicllamas
Aromatisse, Laurens

Format your votes as above.

Voting has now ended.

Kableye: 2 votes
Thatwacktcruton: 0 votes
Take an Azelfie: 4 votes
CrzyCookie: 0 votes
atomicllamas: 4 votes
Laurens: 0 votes

Well for the first time, we have 2 winners tied, congrats Take an Azelfie and atomicllamas for winning the first round. You will go up on the hall of fame shortly.

Round 2

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Taunt

Flygon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 232 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Toxic

I went to approach a offensive team this time by building around houndoom and went to gather some offensive with some bulky capabilities. Houndoom is my main dark and fire type; serving as an effective pursuit trapper and fire move switch in, while striking back hard with its nice speed. Tangrowth provided a strong partner to houndoom by checking its major weaknesses while acting as its own as a bulky offensive grass type and checking the water and ground weakness to the team. I added samurott for a more offensive taste in my team and i chose for it to go special, hitting it hard with hydro and making sure use of taunt for stealth rockers and roost. Flygon acts as my main hazard remover with defog and decided to suit it up with a life orb to make effectiveness of earth power and draco meteor and acting as its own as a check to some threatening pokemon like emboar and mega camerupt. Finally we have rhyperior which is my main stealth rocker and trum and manectric check.

But What's His Last?

Remember if you would like to see a change in sets, you are glad to correct me in evs or moves.

Last edited:

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split

The primary threat for this team would be Durant, as the team has no resistances towards its dual stab. Rotom-fan provides a good check to the the majority of Durant variants as it resists it's dual stab as well as superpower. Flygon is already on this team and supports it with defog, rotom-fan also makes for a good teammate on this team as it cripples physical pokemon with will o wisp. Overall the ability to pressure a multitude of types is very helpful to this team. The flying stab help combat mons such as venusaur and fighting types like virizion, as this team has no resistances to fighting types as well. The electric stab assists tangrowth in taking down bulky waters such as alomomola and toise.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Drapion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

The team has no win condition so having a set up sweeper could fit this role very well. I also notice that his team handles Steel and Rock-types really well so that makes me think Drapion could fit in this spot really nicely. Drapion also fares well against Venusaur which gives this team some problems

Last edited:
Tho it has been slow this week, we still got two pretty good suggestions and they both work well with the team.

Anyways lets get on with the voting.

Drapion, Take an Azelfie

Rotom-Fan, Chakra

Voting ends in 1-2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)