Project What's His Last? V3 Finished. Mods Please lock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original by Halcyon. and Subject 18 | V2 by AD impish john and approved by AM | Currently approved by Celticpride and Aragorn the King | OP copied from V2. | Hosting alongside KidMagic.

(Banner by Absollite)
A long time ago, back when DPP was the current gen, and there was no team preview, the above question was often asked. You had to be prepared for anything in that last slot and use your deductive teambuilding skills to figure out just what your opponent was saving in the back. Still today, we can use these skills to better build our own teams. When building, there will be times when you have 5 perfect Pokemon. Mons that fit together so well that you just can't seem to pick a final Pokemon. Or sometimes you have a crippling weakness to a major threat and can't think of a mon that will cover it that fits the team. This project aims to let the community figure out what the best last Pokemon would be for a given team of 5.

Every round, I will post a team that is missing one Pokemon. You guys will then post suggestions for the final mon. Over the next few days, these nominations will be discussed amongst the users until voting begins. Once the vote starts, people will choose the last mon that they think fits the rest of the team best. At the end of the round, the Pokemon with the most votes will be the winner! The team will be archived, and the user who suggested the set will have his or her name alongside the team. Think of this as a lesson in team building!

RULES:
1. Standard OU forum rules apply. No flaming/antagonizing please. Also no one liners please.
2. No joke sets. Sets that are plain bad/unviable are not welcome.
3. No slashing in your suggestions. You can't have 5 moves in a battle, why here?
4. Only one nomination per person, per round. Can't suggest more than one mon.
5. No changing the other members of the team, INCLUDING SETS. Only I can change the team and movesets.
6. Voting for your own nomination is NOT ALLOWED.
7. Please PM me or KidMagic if you have a team you would like featured!
8. Have Fun :toast:

Last edited:
Hall of Fame

Team:

Winner: Team Pokepals and his defensive Mega Ampharos.

Winner: Team Pokepals with his Standard Latios.

Winner: Albacore and his Specially Defensive Ferrothorn.

Winner: Bendiving and his Swords Dance Breloom.

Winner: Albacore and his AV Metagross.

Winner: Bendiving and his Scarf Kyurem-B

Winner: Albacore and his wallbreaker keldeo.

Winner: Infernal and Starmie

Tie between Infernal and yuruuu for Azumarill and Klefki respectively.

superninjadillo and his Weavile

Infernal and Tornadus-Therian

Albacore and his Scarf Landorus-Therian

Last edited:
You guys can post now!

Thanks to AM for the team!

lucario.gif
hawlucha.gif
ferrothorn.gif
garchomp.gif
starmie.gif

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 188 Def / 80 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 108 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot

This is a Hazard Stacking team, where Garchomp's set and EV spread allows to speed tie with positive Base-80's, the rest goes into bulk like a typical TankChomp, Ferrothorn provides a secondary check to physical attackers that Garchomp doesnt want to handle like Azumarrill, also it works as Spikes setter, a switch in for Latis and provides speed control with T-Wave, Hawlucha is there to sweep offensive teams after Talonflame is removed by Chomper, it also stops Tyranitar from spamming pursuit, Lucario's set is unorthodox, but it helps to break down most of defensive cores with hazard support and then preparing a sweep for Hawlucha, and Starmie is there to spin away enemy hazards, Psychic is preferred over Thunderbolt to hit Mega Venusaur hard, because Hawlucha can't handle it alone, but there's still a question: What's his last?

Last edited:
I'm going to say the last pokemon is SpDef Heatran.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt
- Toxic

I think it's SpDef Heatran because this team basically just loses Mega Mane. Not only does Heatran check Mane, but also checks Torn-T and Talonflame which both pressure this team heavily. Heatran also is just a good specially defensive wall in general, and adds a good back bone to the team.

Last edited:
I'm going to say the last pokemon is Heatran.

I think it's Heatran because this team basically just loses Mega Mane and Heatran is not only a solid check to Mane, but also checks Torn-T as well. Heatran would give good support to this team, and that's what I think is his last.
You need to provide a set bro.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Reserving Raikou.

Wild At Heart (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Shadow Ball

As it stands, this team struggles against offensive Electric types, especially Nasty Plot Thundurus if it carries Focus Blast & in a similar vein, Mega Manectric. Offensive Water types such as Banded Azumarill, Gyarados, Manaphy and HP Fire Starmie are also some huge threats to the team. Raikou perfectly fits in with the offensive nature of the team, by checking or eliminating the aftermentioned threats. Raikou can also use Volt Switch to give the team a momentum grabber. Finally, Raikou provides a solid Flying resist, which allows it to check Flying types, most notably Tornadus-T.

Last edited:
Glad to see this project back up and running :]

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Mega-Diancie brings a lot to this team. She pairs well with Hawlucha, comfortably taking out key threats such as Talonflame, Torn-T and M-Sableye, and helping the matchup vs fast electrics such as M-Mane which can trouble the team greatly, as well as punching holes in bulkier teams to pave the way for a sweep with her great coverage. The utility of magic bounce greatly aids the hazard stacking element, as well as providing a wisp absorber. She brings vital flying and fire resists without stacking weaknesses and appreciates Ferrothorn's T-wave support vs offensive teams.

Last edited:
As 0kay said, I think this team gets downright destroyed by Mega Manectric. I think Clefable provides a solid check for MegaMane as well as completing the Dragon + Steel + Fairy core with Garchomp and Ferrothorn (or Lucario). Clefable can also provide a secondary win condition with the Calm Mind variant. Clefable can also serve as a status absorber.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Standard CM Clefable set. As I said, Clefable provides a good switch in for MegaMane and other fast electrics, and it also functions as a status absorber with Magic Guard. It can also take advantage of the hazards that are on the other side once Clefable is set-up and able to sweep, seeing that the hazards weaken other threats for it. The two main walls of the team (Ferrothorn and Garchomp) get torn apart by MegaZardX, which Clefable can KO if it is set up or zard has some prior damage on it. As this team lacks a set-up sweeper, I think Clefable would be great for the last slot, being a status absorber, secondary win condition, a check to common threats, and another mon to take advantage of hazards all in one slot.

p2

Banned deucer.
idk if AM knows about the godness that is Rotom-H but it fits this team pretty well honestly

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Thunder Wave

The team is weak to Serperior, Zard X and Electrics which Rotom-H can patch up pretty well. It's typing lets it beat HP Ground Serperior which Heatran can't do, it has Twave to slow down ZardX and doesn't die to EQ variants. It also handles Electrics pretty well outside of Focus Blast Thundy and also brings an additional check to Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, and Tornadus-T. The team also has hazard removal, meaning that Rotom-H has the necessary support to function and the team has Starmie and Hawlucha to annoy Keldeo. It also completes a FWG core with Starmie and Ferrothorn, so that's something I guess.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Toxic

This team is 6-0ed by any Zard-Y and Tornadus-T ever so Mega Manectric is used to check them. Volt Switch for momentum and pairs well with Spikes support. Also loves Hawlucha beating Mega Venusaur while it returns the favour by beating Azumarill and Talonflame. Toxic is run so that you can hit troublesome Lati@s, Hippo and Electric-types.

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Cause AM is a lord so the last mon is anything but standard.

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Fabio is pretty cool, and it's able to check a ton of threats to the team like Talonflame, Mega Manectric, Zard Y and Torn-T. It's also able to help a little bit with Mega Venusaur, as Dragon Pulse is a 3HKO, meaning you should be able to PP stall out the 8 Synthesis and use Rest + Sleep Talk to help do so. Lucario and Hawlucha can't switch into anything safely, so Fabio's slow Volt Switch is really helpful to get them in safely.

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Is really not a common thing outside rain but is fit quite well on this team, i'ts allow this team to avoid being 6-0 by nasty plot thundurus, mega manectric and mega charizard x, and is REALLY love entry hazard support to get crucial OHKOs, is also love hawlucha for beating i'ts checks and counters and starmie to pressuring them. Ice punch over superpower because dragon types are more an issue than ferrothorn but superpower is playable too.

Overall, is give another potential late game sweeper for this team, and a check for many of would-be threats. The only disgusting thing is that is give a slight serperior weakness but is still possible to hind it with a well playing.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Guess it helps with stallish builds, since Mega Sableye is a huge issue for this build, walling basically everything on this build and being annoying as heck. Hazard stacking teams also need a way to take care of Mega Sableye, and this team can easily abuse double switches to pressure the opposing team with Pixilate Hyper Voice. Also likes Spikes support to help break fat balance down.

Voting starts now and ends on sunday!

Most of you will know how this works, but I'll explain anyway, to leave your vote, write the username and the mon in Bold, this makes easier to count the votes.

Example: Erai14, Volcarona.

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Team Pokepals, Mega Ampharos.

In future weeks it would make more sense of the team already had a mega since it resticts what the last mon could be if the team doesn't have a mega already. Also cool project overall

Reactions: AM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)