What's it like where you live?

MELBOURNIAN BIRD COLLECTION:
All these can be seen in Melbourne city or suburbs (we have more common birds like mynahs, introduced pigeons, crows and magpies. Also kookaburra and emus cant be found in suburbs)

Left to right Rainbow Lorikeet, Crested Pigeon, Little Corella, Galah, King Parrot
Wow, those are awesome. I honestly hope I visit Australia some time. The Minnesota bird collection mostly consists of robins:( jk, there are some cool birds here too that I wouldn't trade for anything else, but more north woodsy kinds rather than tropical birds.

All these can be seen in Melbourne city or suburbs (we have more common birds like mynahs, introduced pigeons, crows and magpies. Also kookaburra and emus cant be found in suburbs)

Left to right Rainbow Lorikeet, Crested Pigeon, Little Corella, Galah, King Parrot
Yeah, all of those birds look really neat. The birds at my place aren't all that fancy, but their calls are really nice.

Also, update on the heat wave that hit my area on the beginning of the week... it gets to, like, 90 degrees by 9 in the morning, and it stays super hot, even at night... help me ;-;

Damn, I'm so jealous of your wildlife in 'Stralia. I always had a thing for animals of all kinds and the lack of the more "interesting" species in Turkey is saddening. Most of the species here are either endemic to tiny parts of the country (like the ocellated mountain viper), or just really common (like sparrows and toads).

I live in a small town in the UK called Stamford. It's a nice place - most of the people (that I've met) are nice people, the crime is pretty low, and while the night life could be better I'm not into that kind of stuff so it doesn't bother me. It is quite a middle class town, and when the annual horse trials are in town the roads get clogged up like hell, but I quite like it. Rent's reasonable too.

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I live in Morocco, on the Atlantic coast, near Casablanca.

It's a pretty nice place for a foreigner, although a little less nice when you're Moroccan and risk getting shunned out of society by revealing you're not Muslim and facing the wrath of a hypocritical and often borderline schizophrenic culture every day

Gotta add this country feels more and more like a cyberpunk dystopia, but without the cool aesthetics

Take this opinion with a grain of salt, as it is coming from someone that doesn't really feel attached to his country's culture

does the 40 in your name mean that you're from kirsehir originally ?
and yea I'm one of those people whose parents left turkey to work in germany
Nah, I've never been to Kırşehir. My family is mostly immigrants from the Balkans. And yeah, I have relatives in Germany and Austria as well.

Maybe we should just make a "cool wildlife in your area thread". Would people be down for that?
Well, we can just kinda lump that in with this thread, since the wildlife in your area helps define it, so if any of you guys want, you can start sharing pics of wildlife and stuff of your area here.

GoodMorningEspeon

pondering mongoose
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I have no interesting wildlife where I live :/

I really like living on Long Island though. The weather is nice most of the time (although recently, it's been super hot x.x). I live reasonably close to the northern coast, so there are a lot of beaches to visit, although I prefer hanging out in the pool in my backyard :)

also almost everyone is italian. Wtf.

I live in Wales, which (if you don't know) is next to England.

It mostly rains over here, but since it's summer now, the temperatures are going up to about 25 degrees Celsius. The town that I live in is pretty quiet. There's a shopping place and a few parks n' stuff but nothing too amazing. It's cool here I guess, but the capital, Cardiff is where it's at!

I live in Wales, which (if you don't know) is next to England.

It mostly rains over here, but since it's summer now, the temperatures are going up to about 25 degrees Celsius. The town that I live in is pretty quiet. There's a shopping place and a few parks n' stuff but nothing too amazing. It's cool here I guess, but the capital, Cardiff is where it's at!
I hope i don't come off as ignorant, but in Wales do you guys consider yourself as part of Great Britain (kinda like the states in the US if you know what I mean) or more of your own country. For example, if you were traveling to another country would you say "I'm from the United Kingdom" or "I'm from Wales"?

I hope i don't come off as ignorant, but in Wales do you guys consider yourself as part of Great Britain (kinda like the states in the US if you know what I mean) or more of your own country. For example, if you were traveling to another country would you say "I'm from the United Kingdom" or "I'm from Wales"?
I'd say I'm Welsh but yes, technically I am from GB too. It's quite a debated topic, actually. I think that most people from Wales would say that they're Welsh but some would avoid it because it can cause confusion against foreigners.

I'd say I'm Welsh but yes, technically I am from GB too. It's quite a debated topic, actually. I think that most people from Wales would say that they're Welsh but some would avoid it because it can cause confusion against foreigners.
Wales definitely has the cooler flag, so probably a good call on your part haha.

I have no interesting wildlife where I live :/

I really like living on Long Island though. The weather is nice most of the time (although recently, it's been super hot x.x). I live reasonably close to the northern coast, so there are a lot of beaches to visit, although I prefer hanging out in the pool in my backyard :)

also almost everyone is italian. Wtf.
Woah, I also live on Long Island's north coast! I also live around a few minutes from a northern beach, but nothing beats the ocean beaches on the south shore!

Flare

ENDURANCE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I live In Dominican Republic, depending on where you go for a tour, you can either heavily crowded cities with fancy stuff and whatnot, or you can find stuff like this!

Ofc that's assuming you just passed by for some vacations. But it's a nice place to live, not too lousy in the neighbourhood I am.

I live In Dominican Republic, depending on where you go for a tour, you can either heavily crowded cities with fancy stuff and whatnot, or you can find stuff like this!

Ofc that's assuming you just passed by for some vacations. But it's a nice place to live, not too lousy in the neighbourhood I am.
Seems like my kind of place, I'll have to go there some day.

I'm from Ohio, and to be honest it's kinda boring. We get every single kind of weather imaginable here, from temps so cold we have to close school to heat waves so bad we... well we have to close school. In fact last year we had snow, rain, and 80 degree temperatures all within 5 days. Depending on where you are in Ohio, the people and areas vary greatly. There are lot of rural areas (like where I live) that like to pretend they're from the south, and then there's the more urban areas like Cleveland (the most depressing place in the whole fucking world) and Cincinnati. I go to the University of Cincinnati, which I thoroughly enjoy, as I much prefer the people and lifestyles in the city to my more rural home. There are some fun places to go like King's Island and Cedar Point (amusement parks), but I can't really do that all the time because it can get expensive. If you're into disappointing sports teams, Ohio is absolutely the perfect place for you, as basically every team we house ends up either being good and then losing in terrible ways, or just being total ass in the first place (except for Cincinnati FC, they're actually good and extremely fun to go see).

P.S. VGC U.S. Nats is in Columbus, OH this year, so if you're anywhere near there you should totally come and watch!

I'm from Ohio, and to be honest it's kinda boring. We get every single kind of weather imaginable here, from temps so cold we have to close school to heat waves so bad we... well we have to close school. In fact last year we had snow, rain, and 80 degree temperatures all within 5 days. Depending on where you are in Ohio, the people and areas vary greatly. There are lot of rural areas (like where I live) that like to pretend they're from the south, and then there's the more urban areas like Cleveland (the most depressing place in the whole fucking world) and Cincinnati. I go to the University of Cincinnati, which I thoroughly enjoy, as I much prefer the people and lifestyles in the city to my more rural home. There are some fun places to go like King's Island and Cedar Point (amusement parks), but I can't really do that all the time because it can get expensive. If you're into disappointing sports teams, Ohio is absolutely the perfect place for you, as basically every team we house ends up either being good and then losing in terrible ways, or just being total ass in the first place (except for Cincinnati FC, they're actually good and extremely fun to go see).

P.S. VGC U.S. Nats is in Columbus, OH this year, so if you're anywhere near there you should totally come and watch!
I have relatives in Youngstown that I visit once in a while and Ill agree that it was kinda...boring. Not that many people there and it had this kind of sad vibe to it, compared to where I live where it's really densely populated and there's always some kind of thing going on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)