Accelgor: The Special Sweeper

Accelgor (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Hydration
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Bug Buzz
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Rock]

This bug, which ive always loved, fills the role of the only special sweeper on my team. The reason i have more physical sweepers, is because accelgor can handle the special side all by himself. With blazing speed and a more than just good special attack, he can 1 or 2HKO almost all pokemon not made to wall it. His Bug Buzz provides an amazing STAB to deal massive damage to everything that dosent resist it, and OHKOs Dark, Psychic, and Grass pokemon easily, with only a few exeptions. Hidden Power rock get a suprising amount of KOs on flying or fire types trying to take him out. Sludge Bomb is for...Well, really for lack of a better move. I might replace it with Encore, to force some switches, but I havent decided yet. Finaly, Energy Ball to take down 2 of the 4 types that can wall it, Rock and Bulky Water. Although it needs to worry about ghost and steel, it is rarely walled by anything.

Dusknoir: The Wall

Dusknoir (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Dusknoir is a great wall on both sides of the spectrum. The only thing that can truly kill this monster reliably is krookodile. Even with krookodile i can often get up a will-o-wisp before dying, stoping him from ripping through my team. Toxic is a pain, but i usually have a substitute up. Focus Punch is to do suprisingly high damage to unsuspecting pokemon. All in all, im a big fan of this set.

Sceptile: The Sweeper

Sceptile (M) @ Flight Gem Trait: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Acrobatics
- Leaf Blade
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

First off, I just want to say i cant wait untill Liechi is allowed in RU. Flight gem replaces it for now, but eventually the plan is as followed.
Step One: Substitute, if broken, substitute again, if not broken, SD. Repeat untill Liechi activates. Step 2: SWEEP LIEK CRAZY. A free attack boost and x2 speed, this thing will rip through EVERYTHING.

Hariyama: The Hail-Breaker Lead.
Hariyama (M) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Facade
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat

A simple and powerful (but unfortunately predictable) pokemon. With guts and STAB boost, ice teams will be wiped out , and faster pokemon will not survive a bullet punch. A good lead, and a reliable late game sweeper, hariyama makes a great addition to my team.

Gabite: The Sweeper

Gabite (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Stone Edge

I dont know how this thing is RU, but its amazing. Its moveset lets it get SE hits on a lot of pokemon, and all of its attacks are very powerful. Not much to explain here.

In every category there is an outlier, one who dosent quite fit the pattern. You mave have noticed my team follows a slightly dark, almost evil, pattern. However, there is always an exeption. Behold....

ALOMOMOLA

The Wishpasser Wall

Alomomola (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Healer
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Hardy Nature
- Wish
- Refresh
- Toxic
- Protect

This set is what really holds my team together. With 2 life orbs, a burnt pokemon, and several recoil attacks, and even a tank that has only a risky way to heal, wish is a teamsaver. Toxic, Protect, and Refresh allow alomomola to wall like a pro when it isnt keeping my team alive.

Overall, my team has few big threats, just many small ones, but here are the biggest threats.

Krookodile: The only real way of stopping this is by sacrificing alomomola to toxic, then stalling. This is the biggest threat.

Dusknoir: With so many physical sweepers, a physical wall spells danger. He can wall most of my team with ease, and is resistant to accelgors STAB. A decent problem, but not that bad.

Thank you for reviewing my team, all rates and comments are appreciated. Also, as a side-note, this is my favorite team, and so im trying to nickname my pokemon. Any clever or cool names are appreciated. Thanks!

~
Meepsterplex

Accelgor Giga Drain>Energy Ball? Cuz you have LO or you can run Recover, OR you can also run Focus Blast for those steel types. Also Why Mirror Move on Swellow? Why not like Pursuit or U-turn? Other than that, seems like a decent team.

Hrm...

Swellow dosent seem to be pulling his weight. I already have two better physical sweepers, so maybe a different pokemon is in order....ideas?

Alrighty, for starters, I personally would highly recommend Giga Drain over Energy Ball, as the only purpose a move like that really serves is to replenish Hp. Moreover, Sludge Bomb offers literally nothing, so I would try either U-Turn or Spikes. I'm not entirely sure how you chose your EVs on Dusknoir, but he really does need Shadow Sneak, so you'll have to choose between WoW and Pain Split imo. As far as Sceptile goes, Hardy should be Adamant/Jolly, Sub should be EQ, no two ways aboot it. Swellow definitely needs Jolly, and as mentioned before, Mirror Move kinda sucks. U-Turn is the preferred option more often than not. Just gonna say it plain and simple, Gabite sucks in RU. And as if your team wasn't weak enough to BlizzSpam as is. So I'm sorry, but no. Aside from Alomomola being easy set-up bait for every poison/steel (Waterfall>Refresh), he should probably be running Impish/Careful. Anywho, as is you have 2 SR weak pokes, no spinner, and 5 (maybe six) pokes that have no chance against BlizzSpam from Rotom-F and friends. Best remedy that comes to mind is Cryoganal. Anywho, that's all I have off the top of my head, gl, cheers and all that

Hail counter

Im trying to replace swellow, and i was thinking a counter to hail teams. Ive tried cryoganal and regice...but they dont do much good in a normal battle...

Well you have to keep in mind that Cryoganal has no business trying to tank physical hits, otherwise he'll lose nearly all his worth. Perhaps you could run him over Swellow, and use a physically bulky Regenerator Slowking to try to soak up hits from Gallade and such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)