Which Uber Pokemon do you think are used the least???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uber, OU, BL, UU....for current tier ranks that is still accepted by most people.

Although each tier rank offers a different metagame, does everyone think that each Pokemon per tier rank stand up to the rest of their counterparts in their own tier ranks? It's not just a Pokemon type's strengths and weaknesses I'm referring to; I'm also referring to each Pokemon's individual power and popularity with competitive battles.

Basically, within Ubers, I find the following to be least used compared to other Ubers.

Ho-oh (Stealth rocks cripples it's HP)

S-Deoxys (I know it's OU people. If S-Deoxys ever remained Uber, then I can assume it would be the least used Deoxys forms because most Ubers have buff defense/special defense/atk/special atk)

Wobbuffet (Has mediocre defenses and lacks recovery. If Uber trainers know to always give each uber some non-attack move like thunder wave, then Wobbuffet is somewhat screwed)
Mew (Although it knows any TM move, none of its stats really stand out compared to other Ubers' stats like Mewtwo (speedy and high special atk), Arceus (better than Mew in nearly every way), Deoxys (high atk or def), Lugia (tank defense), etc)

Manaphy (In a double team scenario, has to rely on Kyogre's ability; if it doesn't rely on Kyogre, then it wastes a moveset just on Rain Dance..leaving vulnerable to any powerful attack; finally Rayquaza or Goldluck easily and indirectly negates Manaphy's ability anyhow if Manaphy uses Rain Dance)

In my opinion, if the Limbo tier existed, then I think these following candidates would've fitted nicely. I highly doubt you can put any (exception to S-Deoxys) into OU because they're too powerful/broken in the OU metagame.

When I first saw Limbo where Wobbuffet and Deoxy-S were placed before, I thought of that tier rank as a perfect exclusive place for the weak Ubers. That's just my opinion if anyone ever felt like taking on the weak Ubers/Limbo, but not the strong Ubers like Mewtwo, Darkrai, Arceus, etc.

I'll ask you guys again. Which Uber pokemon do you think are used the least based on statistics and your personal battle experience? If so, why?

You could just look at the usage statistics...

http://shoddybattle.com/stats

From that list it looks like Deoxys-D is the least used Uber, but he is only just beaten by Ho-oh and Manaphy. Mew is actually pretty common.
I haven't gotten use to using ShoddyBattle (but I am already looking at the statistics). Besides using a program that depicts a virtual WIFI battle, I think we shouldn't overrely on statistics from ShoddyBattle. I think it would be good to mention any personal battles you've had against people who use Uber Pokemon because that is where you are battling someone is real life.

For example, I've learned through a real WIFI battle why Speed Deoxys can sometimes be cheap yet effective. Part of it was due its movesets from the other Deoxys forms...and part of it was me being somewhat unprepared to take it down...if I used ShoddyBattle, I don't think I could've had the same experience of feeling the loss in a battle.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
I, on the other hand, would rather take statistics from ShoddyBattle than random ass Wi-Fi battles because it is a more controlled environment. And no, the program does not depict a virtual "Wi-Fi" battle, it simulates a link battle. Pokemon simulators have existed for 8 years before Nintendo put Pokemon battles online.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just because a pokemon performs poorly in the Ubers environment does not mean it should be moved down. Whether or not a pokemon is moved to ubers depends entirely on its performance in OU. If it's broken, for whatever reason, it goes to ubers, regardless of how well or poorly it would do there.

Mew is currently uber because of its amazing versatility.
Ho-oh is uber because of its amazing stats and movepool. "It loses to Stealth Rock" is not a good argument for making it OU.\
Wobbuffet... well go read the recent topic on him.
Manaphy is currently uber because of its sweeping potential and perfect type coverage. It was OU at one point, but really only had two "solid" counters, and both had to be extremely specialized to do it (CM Bliss, Ludicolo).

The Limbo tier is a place for pokemon who are currently being tested for OU. It is not a second "BL" between OU and Ubers. There would be no point to having such a tier anyways, as it would most likely contain less then six viable pokemon.

The Limbo tier is a place for pokemon who are currently being tested for OU. It is not a second "BL" between OU and Ubers. There would be no point to having such a tier anyways, as it would most likely contain less then six viable pokemon.
Well that clarifies my confusion about the Limbo tier. I still believe the Pokemon I have mentioned on my list are clearly inferior to the rest of the other ubers, despite statistics. I wouldn't want to waste anyone's time explaining in every detail why because I think everyone one of us already know that not all Ubers will preform better over other Ubers.

Ho-oh is uber because of its amazing stats and movepool. "It loses to Stealth Rock" is not a good argument for making it OU.\

I wasn't addressing to make Ho-h OU at all...it's just an Uber who has slightly more flaws than other Ubers like Arceus, Darkrai, Mewtwo, Kyogre, etc.

If it's broken, for whatever reason, it goes to ubers, regardless of how well or poorly it would do there.

Well I have to admit, I think that's a good summarization of the Uber tier.

Pokemon simulators have existed for 8 years before Nintendo put Pokemon battles online.

Smogon and Shoddybattle have existed more years the WIFI Pokemon battles then...you were one step ahead of Nintendo.

There would be no point to having such a tier anyways, as it would most likely contain less then six viable pokemon.

Well I guess these tier ranks aren't very similar to Brawl tier ranks AT ALL...where you have two top tier ranks, one BL rank, and the two low tier ranks...yep we have very different yet similar viewpoints about the current tiers. :)

Btw, what six viable Pokemon came to your mind?

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
You could just look at the usage statistics...

http://shoddybattle.com/stats

From that list it looks like Deoxys-D is the least used Uber, but he is only just beaten by Ho-oh and Manaphy. Mew is actually pretty common.
DX-D isn't the least used uber. Deoxys-N, or just plain Deoxys as some people may refer to it as is at #89, which is the lowest uber on the statistics. It makes sense, since it's the only uber that's actually completely outclassed (by Deoxys-A). It still can't take a hit at all in ubers, but just has lower offenses, so there's no point in using him.

If that thing was allowed in OU, it would just screw up everything though. The Limbo tier is still allowed to play in the OU ladder, which means that these "low ubers" are not going to be moving into there anytime soon, unless we decide to actually test them. Testing something like DX-N is pointless as hell.

Pokemon simulators have existed for 8 years before Nintendo put Pokemon battles online.

Smogon and Shoddybattle have existed more years the WIFI Pokemon battles then...you were one step ahead of Nintendo.
Just in case you are like, FIVE years old or something. There were Pokemon games that came out before Diamond and Pearl. So there were pokemon simulators that allowed online play that simulated link battles for the older Pokemon games. That's why you were told that Shoddy simulates a link battle, get it? Cause back in the day, you couldn't take your pokemon online at all, but you could play online using a simulator.

Also, why add yet another tier because some Ubers aren't that great? If you like them, use them. Otherwise, why worry about it? We can't possibly make an environment for every tiny group of Pokes so that every group is "competitively viable." Some pokemon just aren't going to get much love.

DX-D isn't the least used uber. Deoxys-N, or just plain Deoxys as some people may refer to it as is at #89, which is the lowest uber on the statistics. It makes sense, since it's the only uber that's actually completely outclassed (by Deoxys-A). It still can't take a hit at all in ubers, but just has lower offenses, so there's no point in using him.
I beg to differ. As shoddy is atm, using 2 different deoxys forms is NOT breaking species clause(why, I dunno). This means you can use Deoxys-N to lure out potential Deoxys-A counters and respond accordingly.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I beg to differ. As shoddy is atm, using 2 different deoxys forms is NOT breaking species clause(why, I dunno). This means you can use Deoxys-N to lure out potential Deoxys-A counters and respond accordingly.
Regardless of whether or not Deoxys-N is "bait", it still doesn't change the part where he's entirely outclassed by Deoxys-A. It doesn't change that he's inferior in every way. Even if he has a use, that doesn't make him not entirely outclassed by A.

No, deoxys-d probably does cm better because of hulking defenses. I agree that deoxys-N is pointless in ubers.

But, I also support the idea of a new tier for the broken OUs (garchomp, deoxys-s, wobb) and the bad ubers (ho-oh, manaphy, ect.) The tier would be exactly like a bl for ubers/Ou. Not a limbo state where they could be used in OU battles.

There would not be only a few viable pokemon because everything OU and down would be allowed. Most of them would be usable because the presence of bad ubers that have a somewhat "crippling" weakness can be exploited easily.

Just my idea to clean the uber tier a bit and a place to send broken OUs as well. Sending an OU to ubers just sounds like a huge move. Like saying that pokemon is just better than everything else. As we know, garchomp is very, very, dangerous. But, on the other hand, we have had him in Ou for long enough that "counters" have been developed.

Moving him to ubers sounds harsh to the people that like garchomp. But, moving somthing to UBL (uber bl) would just be based on usage for ubers, and brokenness for OUs. Just like regular bl.

My 2 cents

Ho-Oh a "bad" Uber? The best fire type ever been and most likely ever will be? Are you joking?
And Garchomp isn't THAT good to be a semi-Uber.

Being the best fire type is like being the least retarded kid in the special ed class. Horrible weaknesses, mediocre on the offensive. Plus in Ho-oh's case it's mixed with one of the worst possible secondary typings that make SR a 2HKO on him.

Garchomp is actually overly good enough to be semi-uber. People speculate about it being moved to ubers. Semi-ubers seems like the right place for it.

Being the best fire type is like being the least retarded kid in the special ed class.
hello new sig.

Anyways, Garchomp is going to have testing done on him, cause steroids look to be existant, but seriously, many people think it should be ubers.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't see the point of this thread at all, considering the answer to your question is "because the statistics/my experience says it is so"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)