While chatting to a friend, and interesting point was raised.

A wall without a recovery move is as useless as your friend claims. Bronzong, I'm looking at you. However, Skarmory, Hippowdon, Blissey, and Cresselia (who is defensive enough to survive 3 turns of Rest/Sleep Talk) can come in on something they're supposed to wall, damage/paralyze/poison/sleep whatever the opponent switches into them or set up some other type of support move, then recover off the damage they've taken when it's safe.
My special wall is Tentacruel, who rapid spins and sets up T-Spikes. Forretress is a similar wall who is also quite useful. I have sucessfully used Garchomp as a wall with Stealth Rocks.

Bronzong would work, except I have a fire weak on my team and never really found a use for him. Nonetheless, he has hypnosis, reflect, light screen and only a single weakness. I wouldn't call him useless at all.

Well, believe it or not walls are important as sweeper as it can prevent a full sweep. Think you have set bellyzard(without sub) and its going rampart with fire punches unless you switch in to blastoise. With blastoise running max def it can take a hit and your other pokes are protected before the game starts as next move aqua jet will deal the death for him. Well you underestimate bronzong however its ability to swallow earthquakes makes him a very good wall. It can also attack. Sometimes a heatran switching in gets koed before it gets a chance to attack by earhquake. There are many opportunities walls can give you. Also your team wont easily fall down to opposing fast attacker teams, such as extreemespeeding lucario or ice sharding weavile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)