Whimsicott (QC 0/3)

So now that it is confirmed to get Moonblast, I think it at least deserves a mention if not a slash because its high base power and great STAB typing helps give Whimsicott a way to hit back if necessary. Still, I can see why Whimsicott might have trouble giving up a moveslot for it.

Maybe you should mention Whimsicott having the dubious honour of being the only Pokémon with a 4x weakness to Poison since Paras and Parasect in Gen I?

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
Although I saw that Tailwind has been scrapped as a slash, I think it's still worth mentioning in the moves section, if not brought back as a slash. It's not a bad move, per say, and giving Tailwind to something like Mega Garchomp or Mega Heracross can be seriously game changing. If there are no setup sweepers on one's team, then Memento is a tougher sell than Tailwind IMO, because the main point of Memento is to weaken something so that you can set up in its face with another Pokemon. On the other hand, Tailwind is great when you have a decently bulky, very powerful attacker with below-average speed. I really think it depends on the team composition to choose between Memento and Tailwind.

Reactions: trc
I Think just by Recent Battle, Fireing of Moonblast is Benifical. Cuz, with things like Mandibuzz and Conk running around and the fact that some poke dont expect him to have an atking move is really beneficial. This is the set i run:

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 120 SDef / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Moonblast
- Leech Seed
- Encore

I Invested in some SP.D, the way i see it if not just any ol SP.A Move breaks it Sub. So, a Rotom Volt Switch wont just come in and break it sub.

I Invested in some SP.D, the way i see it if not just any ol SP.A Move breaks it Sub. So, a Rotom Volt Switch wont just come in and break it sub.
4 SpA Rotom-W Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Whimsicott: 51-60 (15.7 - 18.5%)

Hell even scarf doesn't break the sub:
252 SpA Rotom-W Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Whimsicott: 63-74 (19.4 - 22.8%)

All right, so the new strategy dex is going up very soon and there are several Pokemon, including this one, that do not currently have completed analyses. Kirbles, if you could please try to make this look presentable within the next day, that would be helpful. Please contact user darkie once you've made it look presentable (by that I mean "acceptable to be on-site") and refer to and update this pirate pad: https://www.piratepad.ca/p/dex_skeletons

This needs to be done by tomorrow afternoon (GMT -6), so make sure you get it done! If you can't make it look presentable in the next day, please say so in the pirate pad so someone else can make a quick skeleton of it. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)