Whimsicott

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Lol, Over 9,000 Views.

Erufuun - GRASS
60/67/85/77/75/116 BST: 480
Mischievous Heart: Non-Attacking moves have priority. Same Priority as moves such as Quick Attack.
Slip Through: You Slip though the opponents walls and Attack.
Dream World Ability: Chlorophyll: This Pokemon's Speed is doubled in Sunlight.

Lv1: Absorb, Lv4: Growth, Lv8: Leech Seed, Lv10: Stun Spore, Lv10: Gust Lv13: Mega Drain, Lv17: Cotton Spore, Lv19: Razor Leaf, Lv22: PoisonPowder, Lv26: Giga Drain, Lv28: Charm, Lv28: Tailwind Lv31: Helping Hand, Lv35: Energy Ball, Lv37: [M538], Lv40: Sunny Day, Lv44: Endeavor, Lv46: Solarbeam lv. 46 Gale (120 Power 70 Acc. Flying)

Natural Gift
Encore
Tickle
Fake Tears
GrassWhistle
Memento
Beat Up
Switcheroo
Worry Seed
Charm
Tailwind

TM06 - Toxic, TM10 - Hidden Power, TM11 - Sunny Day, TM12 - Taunt, TM15 - Hyper Beam, TM16 - Light Screen, TM17 - Protect, TM20 - Safeguard, TM21 - Frustration, TM22 - Solar Beam, TM27 - Return, TM29 - Psychic, TM30 - Shadow Ball, TM32 - Double Team, TM42 - Facade, TM44 - Rest, TM45 - Attract, TM46 - Thief, TM48 - Troll, TM53 - Energy Ball, TM56 - Fling, TM68 - Giga Impact, TM70 - Flash, TM85 - Dream Eater, TM86 - Grass Knot, TM87 - Swagger, TM89 - U-Turn, TM90 - Substitute, TM92 - Trick Room

Encore
Taunt
Substitute
Leech Seed
U-turn
Giga Drain
Gale
Light Screen
Stun Spore
Grasswhistle
Cotton Guard
Switcheroo
Tickle
Fake Tears
Memento
Don't be fooled by Erufuun's innocent look: Being the Second Fastest Grass- Type in the Game, having Leech Seed, and the excellent Mischievous Heart Ability, which gives him a Priority Encore, Substitute, Leech Seed, and Taunt. Pairing Erufuun with Shanderra also gives you a fantastic combo, with the bonus of good defensive synergy.

Potential Sets:

Leech Seed
Erufuun @ Leftovers
12 HP / 248 Def / 248 Sp.Def Bold / Calm Mischievous Heart
~Leech Seed
~Substitute
~Encore
~Taunt / Cotton Guard

-Can Stall them out with the SubSeed combo, and Taunt them to prevent Set-Up.

-Can Rack up Entry Hazard Damage, thanks to Substitute + Taunt + Leech Seed.

-With Mischevous Heart, Leech Seed, Taunt, Substitute, and Encore will always go first, no matter what you're opponents Speed is.

- Cotton Guard could be used to boost your Defense 3 Stages. If you choose to go that route, use a Calm Nature.

Here's a set I'd like to receive criticism/comments on. It was made up within seconds, so sorry if it's quite bad (I like the idea, TBH).

Erufunn @ Leftovers
Set Name: Swiss Army Knife Sheep (lolwhat?)
Ability: Mischievous Heart
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP l 252 Def l 252 Spe or 252 HP l 4 Def l 252 Spe or 4 HP l 252 SpDef l Spe
Moves:
-U-Turn
-Taunt
-Tickle
-Protect/Stun Spore/Encore

The idea of the set is simple, it aims to act as a stall breaker, scout, setup-aid all in one. Erufunn utilizes Taunt and U-Turn to mimic Gliscor's trademark stall breaker set, Taunting to prevent ANY entry hazards to be stacked and to prevent healing, and U-Turning into the appropriate Pokemon to deal with the one that switches in. Tickle aids in turning some switches into setup-fodder, powering down their physical attacks and lowering their defense. It also helps defeat walls, utilizing the explosive power of Gen V to destroy walls with their powerful attacks. Protect grants Erufunn insurance against Choiced 'Mons, because most will switch in expecting a useless Taunt. Erufunn will then proceed to Protect, determining which move it will use, allowing you to switch in a 'Mon accordingly.

I usually find myself looking for one Poke that can fill up multiple holes while team building, so I thought this set has a lot of potential.
Opinions?

You've got the wrong egg moves there. Monmon's are

Natural Gift
Encore
Tickle
Fake Tears
GrassWhistle
Memento
Beat Up
Switcheroo
Worry Seed

I think any set you can make would be dependant on learning more about how Mischievous Heart works. If it means it always goes first when using Encore/Taunt/Endeavor/Substitute/etc there's a lot of potential there.

If Encore always goes first this will be a deadly anti-set up Pokemon. Even if it doesn't, it has high enough speed that it could come in on a lot of Pokemon and Encore their set up move.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Just gotta say how hugely disappointing it is that he doesn't get Sleep Powder.
Yeah, that could've made the Growth set a whole lot better.

You've got the wrong egg moves there. Monmon's are

Natural Gift
Encore
Tickle
Fake Tears
GrassWhistle
Memento
Beat Up
Switcheroo
Worry Seed

I think any set you can make would be dependant on learning more about how Mischievous Heart works. If it means it always goes first when using Encore/Taunt/Endeavor/Substitute/etc there's a lot of potential there.
Yeah, with Mischevous Heart, the SubSeed set doesn't even need any Speed EVs at all, if it truly is the way you described.

I'll put those Egg Moves in.

This thing looks like the final fantasy 12 bunny monsters which officially falls under my catagory of "Cutest Gen 5 pokemon"

It seems Game Freak wants the competitive environment to emphasise Leech seed as a priority for grass types which is ok for me. One thing you can do with the leech seed moveset is put the meschevious heart ability on it. Yes, Chlorophyll does give a double speed boost but the ability to hold priorty with with Non-attacking moves, like oh I don't know LEECH SEED, TAUNT, SUBSTITUTE, heck even Toxic if you really wanna get annoying, is not to be denied. You must especially consider that for taunt as you dont need to be super fast in order to stop other taunt users from ruining you day. But then again mabye I'm just misjudging the effect of Mischevious Heart.

mischievous heart gives this thing soooo many options its not even funny. with taunt, it has to be the best stall breaker there is since it will have priority. Plus, sub seeding with be ridiculous with this dude as someone already mentioned. I also feel like it might be one of the few pokemon that can viably use worry seed, especially with all of these powerful new abilities going around.

I can imagine a subseeding set like this:

Potential Sets:

Priority Seed
Erufuun @ Leftovers
Timid
Mischevious Heart
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Speed
~Leech Seed
~Substitute
~Taunt
~Flash / Energy Ball

I know what your thinking. Flash? But if you think about it for a second you'd find something extremely annoying that can force switches really easily. With Mischevious Heart 4 out of those 5 options now have priority. What you need to do is obvious. Come in on something it can resist. (Don't think for a second that'll be easy. It's bulk sux.) Set up a sub, leech seed, then stall with combination sub and flash. Use taunt if you think your up against a taunt user.

This is only a rough draft of what could be. I'm not to good with sets as you'll probably note.

Are you sure that mischevious heart works 100% of the time? Last time someone translated the ability, they said it MAY allow status moves to go first...

Even so, if it works this way I'll be very happy. Fluffsheep is one of my favourite new pokemon this gen and I love annoyers to death. That lack of sleep powder sure is a shame though :/

This could easily stop leads that try to outspeed and taunt/SR first turn. Taunt+Encore could force switches, assuming it's possible to encore a move that failed due to taunt.

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
Ultimate Anti-Set Up / Sweep Pokemon?

Damn I was going to make a thread on this lol, but I don't know where all of you guys are finding tm/hm, new ability/move descriptions.

I like this guy he's somewhat like Jumpluff with a plus, but no Sleep Powder. On the other hand Mischievous Heart does give it some pretty amazing utility (if the description holds true) I think.

I mean think about it, if it means all non-attacking moves, (or just some select ones), thanks to it's already extremely fast base stat it could be one of the best "utility" Pokemon (not sure of the term). It being the fastest Mischievous Heart Pokemon with only 2 (Legend flying(/electric) Pokemon) 111 base Speed and Leperasudu who is 106 base speed, behind it, while Erufuun rests at a nice 116 base speed, means it will almost surely go first with non attacking moves all the time.

So say you are about to be swept by a Stat Upped Pokemon (+2, +2 Kingdra?), you can just cripple it with Erufuun using Stun Spore, Encore, Memento, GrassWhistle (risky but eh), Cotton Spore, or some hampering item (Iron Ball?) with Switcheroo. And if this generation turns out to be as weather oriented as it is looking, Erufuun using a Priority Sunny Day can be the difference between getting swept by a team of Sand/Rain sweepers or you sweeping them. And if Mischievous Heart cancels out Trick Rooms negative priority or they nerfed it or something this generation, it can utilize that as well. It will also always be able to stop set up (leads) no matter what (assuming the mechanics haven't changed or something), Ultimate Anti-Lead anyone :)?

Taunt, Tailwind, Helping Hand are obviously good options as well, maybe very useful in Doubles/Triples as well, though I don't know much about that.

Sleep Powder would have made this thing beastly, but I think it still has a lot more potential than just a leech seed set, which does seem a little forced, but at least it has Mischievous Heart to set itself apart from other Leech Seeders (despite it being walled by Grass-Types).

edit:
Example Sets:

Anti-Fuun

Erufuun @ Leftovers
Ability: Mischevious Heart
EVs: 240 HP / 128 Def / 136 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Stun Spore / Encore
- Leech Seed
- Substitute / Encore / U-Turn / Sunny Day

Stop you from getting swept I suppose? Doesn't seem like you'd need speed evs unless your paranoid about being outsped by Leperasudu or the two Flying(/Electric) Legends (last two seem like they might go to Ubers soon, but no theorymonning from me!). 321 max HP gives a Leech Seed number + 1 for max amount of Subs in order to destroy your opponent.

or with basically the same set

Toxic/Seed Killer

Erufuun @ Leftovers
Ability: Mischevious Heart
EVs: 240 HP / 128 Def / 136 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Taunt / Encore
- Toxic / Encore
- Leech Seed / Encore
- Substitute

Encore somewhere maybe! Use your all priority moveset to slowly (but actually not that slow) to completely Leech Seed / Toxic your opponent to death. 321 max HP gives a Leech Seed number + 1 for max amount of Subs in order to destroy your opponent. Maybe not as effective as I'm hoping for, but looks like it might be good for one kill or at least destroy stall, aid other pokes with Leech Seed or Toxicing a troublesome opponent, and most likely very easily punish a stat upper with Encore. Encore will always be faster thanks to Mischievous Heart (we're assuming by the description), so if you switch in Erufuun on a Dragon Dance from Salamence or whoever, they'll always be Encore'd (assuming no other mechanics other than normal are at work), which means you can then proceed to Leech Seed / Toxic Sub Stall. Always walled by pretty much all Grass/Poison Types, or Steels and Poisons if you only go with Toxic, and Grasses if you only go with Leech Seed.

This poke can run fully supporting sets with impunity because it gets a priority taunt to stop opposing taunts. So toxic, leech seed, sub, taunt is a perfectly viable set. Just partner it with say specs or scarf chandelier poke (I don't remember the names of the new ones yet) and they get the flash fire boost to take shit down.

With Mischievous Heart, this means it can potentially be the fastest anti-lead and supporter in the game.

Name: Anti-Lead
Erufuun @ Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
~ Encore / Taunt
~ Leech Seed
~ Safeguard / Substitute
~ U-turn

This set can abuse its ability to go first by shutting down other support/wall types or cripple a sweeper trying to set up (for example, Salamence DDs twice but is unable to hit you because it gets trapped by priority Encore). Then it can proceed to leech seed the switch-in or U-turn out to your counter. I'm actually very excited to try this set!

Has anyone actually tested to see if Mischievous Heart gives non-attacking move priority over everything? If it truly does as it says on the tin then what little hype this little guy is gaining might be justified.

Uhg, can't believe they gave him Taunt and Light Screen but no Reflect. Wanted to use him as a dual screen user that beats out Azelf.

Either way, that anti-lead set looks great with utility in the late-game. Mischievous Heart is quite useful with Encore. I think it might be worth it to run Encore AND Taunt if you're going to be leading, though. Encore will fail if used first (which you will, with Mischievous Heart), meaning you could get Taunted and then you can't Encore turn 2. With Taunt you can beat out any lead.

If you elect not to run U-turn, then you won't need any Speed EVs due to Mischievous Heart:

Erufuun @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
- Encore
- Taunt
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

It also has potential for setting up Trick Room:

Erufuun @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
- Trick Room
- U-turn
- Encore / Taunt
- Leech Seed / Taunt

Not used as a lead, so priority Encore would probably have more utility than Taunt here. Could also run Substitute for SubSeeding but if you want either Encore or Taunt you won't have room for it.

Uhg, can't believe they gave him Taunt and Light Screen but no Reflect. Wanted to use him as a dual screen user that beats out Azelf.

Either way, that anti-lead set looks great with utility in the late-game. Mischievous Heart is quite useful with Encore. I think it might be worth it to run Encore AND Taunt if you're going to be leading, though. Encore will fail if used first (which you will, with Mischievous Heart), meaning you could get Taunted and then you can't Encore turn 2. With Taunt you can beat out any lead.

If you elect not to run U-turn, then you won't need any Speed EVs due to Mischievous Heart:

Erufuun @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
- Encore
- Taunt
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

It also has potential for setting up Trick Room:

Erufuun @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
- Trick Room
- U-turn
- Encore / Taunt
- Leech Seed / Taunt

Not used as a lead, so priority Encore would probably have more utility than Taunt here. Could also run Substitute for SubSeeding but if you want either Encore or Taunt you won't have room for it.
I was thinking the exact same thing with the whole Dual Screen idea .__.

I guess I'll look forward to either Encore/Taunt focus or Toxic/Seed focus

What would happen if you had it as an anti-lead, and used Taunt. Aero tries to use SR, but fails due to Taunt. The you Encore next turn and Areo is forced to Struggle or switch because it's locked into an attack it can't use.

The Sub Seed sets allows you to wreck teams. Priority = pwn

Leech Seed
EruFuun!!! @ Leftovers
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Speed Timid or Jolly / Mischevous Heart
~Leech Seed
~Substitute
~Protect
~Energy Ball/ Taunt/ U-Turn/ Filler

Leech Seed, Sub, and Protect allow you to Stall like Stallrein without Hail. Once you get a Sub Up, the opponent is in serious trouble if they lacked a grass types. Seeing that Grass types are the only ones not affected by Leech Seed, U-Turn/[Filler] allows you to hit Grass types for damage. Hidden Power Fire, or Gale could also be used in this slot. With Toxic Spikes and Spikes support this little lady can stall you to death. The only thing it needs to worry about is Taunt or Grass Types. Toxic could also be used in the last slot if you are Poison crazy. You can opt to run Bold and Max Defense to make Choice Band Scizor's Bullet Punch a 3HKO all the time. Mischevous Heart allows you to get the jump on opponents with your three mains moves anyway. If you run Taunt, nothing could really stop you except Grass types. It's best if you have Toxic Spikes and/or Support, but you could do without.

Hmmm. two big ifs.
1. If trick room does get priority
2. if mischevious heart works 100% of the time
then this guy just got himself a niche as the best trick room lead in the game.

Erufuun
Mischieveous Heart
Escape Button
Jolly
252hp/4def/252spd
Trick room
memento
uturn
filler (taunt? encore?)

He uses trick room turn 1 which now goes first with its increased priority. if it dies your tr sweeper is in turn 1. if takes a hit but doesnt die escape button activates and you switch to your tr sweeper and get it in on turn 1.
If your oppoenent did any non attacking move last turn besides taunt you use memento, which still goes first becuase it has priority. If the oppoent did use taunt you now use your slow (in trick room) uturn to get your tr sweeper in without taking a hit.

Great another fucking jumpluff just what we need. And mischievous heart makes it even worst. This is just a no no
Oh of course, because we need more attackers *sarcasm*

Anyway, I'm surprised nobody's really tested it's ability...does it make non attacking moves go first all the time or just some of the time?

Oh of course, because we need more attackers *sarcasm*

Anyway, I'm surprised nobody's really tested it's ability...does it make priority moves go first all the time or just some of the time?
well, the research thread lists it as "tentative".. as in, it will go first even if paralyzed, but there could be undiscovered factors we don't know about yet.

Ah I see. Well I guess that's a relief.

This thing is so lucky it learns encore. It does what Lopunny and other encore users have been trying to do for ages, and it doesn't need thunder wave.

Hmmm. two big ifs.
1. If trick room does get priority
2. if mischevious heart works 100% of the time
1. No it doesn't. Mischievous Heart doesn't alter the priority of moves.
2. Yes it does. It makes any move with 0 BP move first within its priority. So Stun Spore will always go before any +0 priority move used by the opponent, but not before Bullet Punch, for instance, even if Erufuun is faster than the BP user.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)