Whimsicott

I've been grinding on PO like it's my job, and erufuun is on every one of my teams (it's my favorite new pokemon), and i've settled on what i think is the best moveset: stun spore/taunt/encore/u-turn. Leech Seed just doesn't cut it anymore; its good for a bit of healing, but espeon is friggin everywhere, and grass types are surprisingly common this gen (notably nattorei, celebi, loom and other fuun). U-turn gets out of all of them and does a surprising amount of damage to some stuff. It also ensures that you'll never have to spam useless moves (i often found myself using leech seed on an already-seeded mon because it had nothing else to do).

Wish is a better way to heal the fuun, especially because of its type synergy with vappy.

The thing is that elfoon knows u-turn.

Erufuun uses U-Turn! Erufuun goes back to Green Mage.
Green Mage sends out Tyranitar!
Tyranitar uses Pursuit.
More like:

Erufuun used U-Turn! Erufuun went back to <Name>!
<Name> sent out Tyranitar!
Espeon used Reflect!

Espeon used Baton Pass!
Tyranitar used really, really weak Pursuit!

And speaking of Baton Pass, it would be absolutely hilarious if Erufuun got it - BPing priority subs and Cotton Guards would be awesome.

Is it possible to breed an Erufuun with Momento & Switchroo together in Gen V??
Nope, not possible.

This is by far my favourite pokemon to use so far. I have it on every single team I have because it works soooooo great.

I use
16 spd/248def/248spdef with calm nature I believe
@Leftovers
Stun Spore
Leech Seed
Substitude
Encore

I usually switch in while something uses sub/stat boost move, then I put a sub of my own while they switch out. I stun spore the target first. Then sub until I get a para hax (it's bound to happen sometime, so it's not that cheap of a strategy). Then I leech seed the target and sap the life out of them.

Or if they don't switch out and continue to use stat up moves, then I go to my Ditto, copy their +6 stat and usually sweep the other team.

It usually gets at least 3 pokes paralyzed, which is amazing. And it's awesome as a last ditch effort to stop a sweep with stun spore.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is the most overrated Pokemon in BW by a lot. It can't hurt anything. It is destroyed by any user of U-turn or Rapid Spin. It has pathetic defenses. Not even Swampert is scared of Erufunn, and it's 4x weak to its STAB.

At least Jumpluff has Sleep Powder so it can get a free Substitute. Erufunn has to take a hit for 50% damage before it Leech Seeds, and then it has to pray the opponent has no priority moves. Substitute having only 16 PP also does this thing no favors. I have been more unimpressed by this pokemon every day, it is basically a free KO for any member of my team. This thing really needs a Sleep move or Synthesis.

If this pokemon isn't NU in a few months when the hype for its ability dies down, I will be shocked. It's nothing but a minor inconvenience for any competent OU team.

If someone could post logs showing successful Erufunn use, I would like to see them. So far I have yet to see anyone get even a single kill with an Erufunn.

^It's not useless. It can often induce Paralysis at the cost of taking a big hit. It certainly does envy Jumpluff's Sleep Powder, though it doesn't envy Jumpluff's attacking stats.

It's more about support than scoring KO's. Potentially stopping Doryuzu is very useful at the moment.

@jrrrrrr
I have actually killed entire enemy teams with this thing. And it reliably prevents the Rocks from going up, which is a great asset for my Sunny day team. No it doesn't have the attacking presence that Tyranitar and others have, but I have survived many STAB Super effective hits and lived to sub seed the enemy to death.

Also Leftovers is by far the best item to use on the Sub Seed variants. Taunt, Leech Seed, Substitute, filler (I am using encore, memento also works when you eventually run out of health). With the added boost from the leftovers Fuun loses generally around 4% or so per turn against low health enemies, and no health against the ones that have higher health. Which means that you can Sub Seed a lot longer and cause a lot more havoc.

@jrrrrrr
I have actually killed entire enemy teams with this thing. And it reliably prevents the Rocks from going up, which is a great asset for my Sunny day team. No it doesn't have the attacking presence that Tyranitar and others have, but I have survived many STAB Super effective hits and lived to sub seed the enemy to death.

Also Leftovers is by far the best item to use on the Sub Seed variants. Taunt, Leech Seed, Substitute, filler (I am using encore, memento also works when you eventually run out of health). With the added boost from the leftovers Fuun loses generally around 4% or so per turn against low health enemies, and no health against the ones that have higher health. Which means that you can Sub Seed a lot longer and cause a lot more havoc.
?_?

What STAB SE Attacks can Erufuun survive? Especially Special Attacks? It has 60 friggin base HP. I don't believe this for a second.

If you Cotton Guard SubSeeded through your opponents whole team with Erufuun, frankly, your opponent sucked. Lets not overhype to that extent.

Edit: You don't even use Cotton Guard. No way.

ITS SO FLUFFY. In any case it's like the perfect jumpluff MINUS sleep powder. Grass types can switch in and ruin the party, but you can just encore and switch. (Free d-dance for ononkusu?)

I never said special attacks. And I run a relatively bulky Erufuun. Cotton Guard doesn't make or break this pokemon, and frankly I was surprised that anyone used it at all considering my own success. I will admit that it was a bit lucky on my part but I did take out 4 of my opponent with just Erufuun. It was stall, and once their Nattorie died it was a piece of cake.

I don't log every battle I do, actually I don't log to many of them. If you don't want to believe me fine, I am just telling you what I have seen it do.

I'm guessing that you're not implying that Nattorie got Leech Seeded.

Substitute has 16 PP. Blissey's Seismic Toss/Ice Beam/Flamethrower would likely eat all of your Substitute PP, even if you Taunted her. I can't see how you killed 4 Pokemon with one Sub Seeder.

60/85/75 isn't very bulky. Cotton Guard at least lets it take Physical hits. Can you name a few STAB SE physical attacks it absorbed without Cotton Guard?

What you said was at best a misleading stretch, and at worst, a unconvincing lie. Erufuun does not beat whole teams. Even mediocre teams can deal with it.

erufuun can take down a severely weakened team...but it's not meant for that...it's mostly meant for support.

it can certainly help other pokemon clean house

It took a STAB super Effective Poison Jab from Pendora, and a STAB Megahorn (this one was probably just luck on my part though, as I was at full and it took me to about 4 HP.)

It also took a Flamethrower from Tyranitar. And it has survived plenty of non-SE attacks.

I encored the blissey into Toxic while I was behind a sub and waited while leech seed went to work. They stuck around for a few turns then switched into something else, then back to blissey not once breaking my sub. I encored it and leech seeded until it died. Also it only takes 8 turns for Leech Seed to basically kill an enemy. If your Sub Survives even once you have a turn to either Taunt, or lock them into the move that doesn't deal much damage.

Mostly though it was smart prediction and luck on my part and bad playing on theirs. I don't expect it to more then stop the SR and annoy then to pieces, but when you take out a poke or 2 it is extremely amusing. Also very few enemies with Priority are fast enough to use it before you use your move.

It took a STAB super Effective Poison Jab from Pendora, and a STAB Megahorn (this one was probably just luck on my part though, as I was at full and it took me to about 4 HP.)
I'm not sure what EVs you run, but the most physically bulky Erufuun spread that also runs max Spe is 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe Jolly, which takes 103% minimum from 252 Atk Jolly Pendoraa's Megahorn.

I split the defense and HP. Seems to work better for me. And I was running a defensive nature and less then full speed. So... yeah. I switched to a +Spd nature and run full Speed now. Like I said I think it was just a lucky chance. And that was the only time I ever survived it.

In other words, you overhyped Erufuun. At least you admit it.

MH Encoring is one of Erufuun's main selling points, it really does amazingly against predictable boosters like Doryuzu and along with Taunt it causes big problems for stall.

But Erufuun itself is very predictable. Sub Seeding wont work if your opponent just attacks you head on, as most offensive Pokemon can 2HKO even the bulkiest Erufuun.

Like I said running Leftovers is amazing. I heal 18% + per turn and can sub till they either get annoyed and rage quit, or die due to Leech Seed.

But no Erufuun isn't the best pokemon out there. And yes I overhyped it a bit, but it is still great at what it does. No it won't OHKO every enemy ingame, but it will still annoy the crap out of you.

And switcheroo + Choice Scarf is a decent combo.

This is the most overrated Pokemon in BW by a lot. It can't hurt anything. It is destroyed by any user of U-turn or Rapid Spin. It has pathetic defenses. Not even Swampert is scared of Erufunn, and it's 4x weak to its STAB.

At least Jumpluff has Sleep Powder so it can get a free Substitute. Erufunn has to take a hit for 50% damage before it Leech Seeds, and then it has to pray the opponent has no priority moves. Substitute having only 16 PP also does this thing no favors. I have been more unimpressed by this pokemon every day, it is basically a free KO for any member of my team. This thing really needs a Sleep move or Synthesis.

If this pokemon isn't NU in a few months when the hype for its ability dies down, I will be shocked. It's nothing but a minor inconvenience for any competent OU team.

If someone could post logs showing successful Erufunn use, I would like to see them. So far I have yet to see anyone get even a single kill with an Erufunn.
What comonly used Pokemon have priority moves that are faster than Eru? Lucario, Dragonite, Scizor, Meta and Roo are all slower than him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)