Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Scizor

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Cradily

Votes: 14 10.2%
  • Other

Votes: 16 11.7%

• Total voters
Please vote who you think improved the most from last gen to this gen, Evolutions don't count.
Posting is only required for the " Other " option, As you should post who you pick.

Tyranitar. Gets physical Pursuit and Crunch, Stone Edge, and auto Special Defense boost thanks to Sand Stream.

Tyranitar really did become quite the beast.

However, there are also plenty of Pokemon that were utter crap before that really got improved upon.

We may not be talking about those that got evolutions, but the ones that did really stepped it up. Talking about dudes like Electivire, Weavile, Togekiss, and Tangrowth.

Feraligatr finally managed to step it up with the Physical/Special split. Though he isn't as powerful as Gyarados, he doesn't suffer from any 4X weaknesses either.

Typhlosion also managed to benefit from Choice Scarf and Choice Specs.

Hm...TTar got better...but so did 'Mence. Finally gets good physical STAB, another 50% recovery move, and DRACO METEOR. Now he's really unpredictable and his hard from both sides. TTar is slightly more predictable, but when I face a Mence, I have no idea what it's going to be: CB, Specs, DD, Mixed, some weird Wish one?

I voted Other, agreeing with bejlash on Salamence. As a physical attacker it was always scary, now it's an awesome special attacker as well.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Definitely Breloom. It got a 12% recovery item. Immunity to any type of Status. Physical STAB and can counter Tyranitar/Rhyperior if it uses its EVs defensively.

Gyarados has improved, but it was already OU. Same with Tyranitar/Mence.

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I voted Gyarados because of: 1) Taunt lasting longer, 2) its new moves such as Stone Edge and Ice Fang, and 3) because of Waterfall becoming physical. Sure it lost HP Flying, but the new moves it got definitely make up for it.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Let's not forget our UU Deoxys-A, Pikachu. Light Ball doubling Attack anlog with access to Volt Tackle and physical stuff is probably the best thing to happen to the yellow rat.

I'm probably going to go along with Gyara also. Having a STABed water attack in the form of Aqua Tail and Waterfall really helps, and it only lost HP Flying really.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm going with Gyarados because though it was technically OU in Advance (I guess, we never paid that much attention to reshaping the OU tier after the middle of 2005), it was utterly walled by Skarmory and Zapdos, two of the top five most overused pokemon throughout all of Advance. TO go from questionably OU to "Your team is 6-0ed by Gyarados if it gets a DD" says all it needs to, in my opinion. Tyranitar is a very close second though, Sand Stream is hilarious

Fable's Magic Guard makes it truly truly truly truly truly annoying, although not used enough. =[

So if people realizes the potential of Fable, I'd like to Fable. If not, then standard "Gyarados/Tyranitar" answer. =[

You could have just ommitted the poll and asked us. I voted Gyarados, if only that it got good STAB and move to take down Dragons. Tyranitar comes second, with a Special Defense boost that allows it to not be killed by Suicune (who appears to have disappeared), and better STAB moves in Pursuit, Crunch and Stone Edge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)