Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Scizor

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Cradily

Votes: 14 10.2%
  • Other

Votes: 16 11.7%

• Total voters
I don't think TTar's improvement is really that significant when you consider that he was at such a high level last gen. It's like going from an A to an A+, whereas as Breloom and Gyarados went from C's to A's. It's all pretty relative, cuz virtually everything benefitted a lot from the phys/spec split, and once you look at how high up in the tiers TTar was to begin with, it's not that significant a gain compared to a lot of the other pokes.

definitely tyranitar, not to mention gengar. tyranitars auto special def boost makes him into an immense special wall(especially boah) and now gets pursuit and physical crunch. thats pretty much as good as it gets for a generation jump. gengar also got special shadow ball which was a significant addition to his arsenal. by the way how do you post a poll? i had some trouble doing that earlier.

I voted Relicanth. It now has a 150 Base Power STAB move that you can use without recharge, not to mention Aqua Tail. In fact, it can 2HKO Skarmory, a feat that not many Physical attackers can boat about.

TTar has always been good and he even gooder now when he has Physical Dark attacks. And you can throw so many things on him.

Gyarados. HP flying wasn't all that good of an attacking option considering it was resisted by damn near every physical wall out there, now he's in the top 10 most OU'd pokes.

TTar is better, but he was very good last gen too, Gyarados was mediocre last gen.

Gyarados. HP flying wasn't all that good of an attacking option considering it was resisted by damn near every physical wall out there, now he's in the top 10 most OU'd pokes.

TTar is better, but he was very good last gen too, Gyarados was mediocre last gen.
Tyranitar works great even in uber. Many uber are weak to Dark attacks.

Pinsir IMO. It gets X-Scissor which is an exellent STAB move coupled with Mold Breaker so it can now EQ levitators like Gengar and Bronzong.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lets remember what gyara was using last gen offensively:

Earthquake, return, hidden power flying
>.< ow . . .

His new offensive attacks, plus the poke who carries taunt more often than any other got the new improved taunt that lasts longer and goes through substitutes . . .

Lets remember what gyara was using last gen offensively:

Earthquake, return, hidden power flying
>.< ow . . .

His new offensive attacks, plus the poke who carries taunt more often than any other got the new improved taunt that lasts longer and goes through substitutes . . .
Ew no. If all attacks last gen were physical/special (depending on the nature), why not use Fire Blast/IB/Thunderbolt?

Relicanth was nu. Now it kills in trick room. Not the best poke, but one of the most improved.

Ew no. If all attacks last gen were physical/special (depending on the nature), why not use Fire Blast/IB/Thunderbolt?
Gyrados has 125 attack and 60 sp attack. He had the flareon problem. The physical/special was based on a move's type. Gyrados could never use special attacks, although I won't be suprised when some one posts a specs gyra set.

Relicanth was nu. Now it kills in trick room. Not the best poke, but one of the most improved.

Gyrados has 125 attack and 60 sp attack. He had the flareon problem. The physical/special was based on a move's type. Gyrados could never use special attacks, although I won't be suprised when some one posts a specs gyra set.
You misunderstood what I said...I asked why wouldn't anyone use those attacks on a Physical Gyara since they didn't have a Physical/Special spread in the 3rd gen.

I think it is clear for me that gyarados improved the most. It was a nobody in adv, and now it is one of the biggest threats.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
You misunderstood what I said...I asked why wouldn't anyone use those attacks on a Physical Gyara since they didn't have a Physical/Special spread in the 3rd gen.
You don't seem to understand how Pokemon worked prior to the split. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding your comments too. Gyarados DID use special attacks last gen occasionally, mostly Fire Blast/Thunder to help him get round Skarmory, but coming from his craptastic 60 Spatk, it still struggled to 2HKO. Gyarados was a small fish last gen...now he's a monster.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gyarados improved alot. Tyranitar was already a top tier Pokemon, most probably the best. Tar improved alot, but would still be used anyways, Gyarados got Waterfall/IF/SE which really sorted it's movepool out. Therefore took it to one of the best Pokemon of Diamond and Pearl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)