Who's the better Tracer? P2 or Gardevoir?

It may very well be just me, but I think asking who the best Tracer is is like asking who the best, say, Natural Curer is, or the best Solid Rocker, or whatever. It's comparing an orange and an apple whereas the only things they have in common is that
1) they can be eaten
2) they are fruit

Where the only common thing between Porygon2 and Gardevoir is that they are both Pokemon and they both have Trace.

Porygon2 is a better defensive Pokemon out of the two for reasons Carl outlined though.

They both have Pokemon that they come in better on. For example, Porygon 2 can come in on Gyarados, survive a hit with its stronger Defense, then T-bolt it to death. Gardevoir can come in on Electivire's electric attack and hurt it bad because Electivire doesn't have any super effective hits on Gardy.

[/i]

EVERYONE puts HP and a hearty amount of defense on Gardevoir because she has to survive to do her job.
I'm using a Choice Scarf Gardevoir just because of this. With Timid she can outspeed a lot of popular Choice Scarf users (Heracross too) and surprise them with a super-effective hit.

Gardevoir's the best Tracer IMO because she can hurt the oposing Pokemon better than Porygon2 (you're bringing your tracer to kill them, I guess).

Well, I might be suicidal, but a leading trace Gardevoir can destroy Gyarados leads couldn't it? Intimidate Gyara and threaten with bolt? Then hypnosis on the switch? That sounds good to me, and that's something Porygon2 might not be able to do.

EDIT: and WoW the switch after the hypnosis. Gardy was never a Special Sweeper with that 80 base speed, but it makes a very neat annoyer.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
I see the desires of HP Fighting, but I think Tri-Attack is more beneficial. And magnezone and t-tar are easily dealt with with the rest of your team.
The status effects Tri-Attack can give you is very valuable for a defensive type like P2.
Especially if your able to Trace Serene Grace.
I like the odds(w/ Serene Grace) of
20% chance of burn
20% chance of parazle
20% chance of frozen

EDIT: 100th post, weeee
Your percentages are off. Each status effect has a 16.67% chance of occurring.

Bankai touched on the idea, but since Gardy is almost always packing WoW, wouldn't her low Def. be less problematic? Just a thought, anyhow.

The difference between Gardy and say Dusknoir is that Dusknoir has the defenses to take a strong hit before using WoW as its too slow to get it in first. Gardy is most likely going to be to slow as well unless you spread it specifically to outspeed bulky Gyara, so the initial hit is going to hurt even with Intimidate in effect.

You might outspeed non-Jolly TTar leads, but you're pretty much forced to stay in against them and use WoW as pursuit is a pretty big deterrent to switching Gardy out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)