1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Why can't I do multiple searches in under 15 seconds?

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Unowninator, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unowninator

Unowninator

And sometimes it tells me to wait xx seconds even if it's my 1st search after a while. I think this limit should be removed, as I can't really see the point of it.
  2. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnus
    CAP Head Mod

3. TheMantyke

TheMantyke Larvitard
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

If I'm not mistaken, this measure was implemented to lessen the strain on the server. I know it's a bit of a mild inconvenience, but it's been lessened from a more annoying 30 seconds and it's not like 15 second will hold you up by that much. Just make certain to double check that your search terms are spelled correctly and avoid refreshing the page during the middle of the search.

Edit: Oh yikes, double ninja'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)