Why is Mudsdale in PU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't play a lot of competitive Pokemon (kinda lost interest a while ago), but I do like to look into what's going on in the scene by seeing how certain Pokemon are doing in it. I noticed Mudsdale is PU, which I find to be pretty surprising. It's got great physical bulk, and really good ability in Stamina, good Attack, it's a very good tank (but apparently, that's only outside of competitive).

My guess is that he doesn't have a good recovery outside of Rest? Is he a one-trick pony (literally)?

I just expected Mudsdale to be higher. I've also heard that the meta has become overly offense heavy with defensive teams being not too great? Is that another reason?

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi please read the rules before posting and don't make unapproved threads in the future
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...please-read-the-rules-before-posting.3611426/

But to answer your question, Mudsdale lacking recovery (outside of rest) severely limits it as a defensive check to Pokemon, especially because its pure ground typing gives it few resistances to common physical moves, so it has to rely on its bulk which isnt good enough to survive long when it doesnt have good recovery. Pokemon like Steelix and Palossand in NU are better than it due to their secondary typing, Steelix's better bulk, and Palossand's recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)