NOC Why is there a gun in my popcorn? GAME OVER SCUM WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
That kind of changes the way I'd expect scum to play tbh, might be more bussing than expected
I think the only chance scum has at all is one of them hard bussing enough that they are never considered for a shot. plus now there's flyhn, who is almost universally townread (I think it was one of yeti or fh who had him as null idr which, iirc virtually everyone else who's commented has him as a town). it's extremely early and that's already happened.

Fort's list is really good imo. A lot of thoughts in his breakdown are ones that I've had or things I'd expect other people to have. His thought process is extremely easy to follow. Also has me at the top where I belong~ I wouldn't shoot him. Slightly curious Fort Colorcastle of why you'd have Jalmont higher than other idlers. I do too, just want to see it.

Da Letter El Let me know when you're caught up

DLE
Thetwinmasters
DeathByWobbuffet
Blazade
Aura Guardian
Former Hope
winter-delta

Still need to sort these out, feel like consensus would have yeti/sam/jalmont in here too. Winter's post isn't screaming town mindset to me, want to see them play the game. Twin's posts show promise but they're lacking the twin charm of making himself super known.

I do NOT think all 6 are in that list but it's likely most are.

I think the only chance scum has at all is one of them hard bussing enough that they are never considered for a shot. plus now there's flyhn, who is almost universally townread (I think it was one of yeti or fh who had him as null idr which, iirc virtually everyone else who's commented has him as a town). it's extremely early and that's already happened.
Yeah I still don't think we're wrong on that, dude screams town to me. He's in a position where he could single handedly win us the game.
A note to idlers: This could be you! For the low, low price of activity and giving your mindset you could potentially spew town! You could even be scum, and post some thoughts that end up being of a townie mindset!

Oh also DBW was looking at the thread when I pinged him out, and didn't post anything as far as I can see. DeathByWobbuffet you roll scum again?

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
idk how fh is so certain of my being town unless hes mafia

i think it is the optimal play by far to decide on a town to never shoot BUT i am extremely off put by the number of people not campaigning for themselves to be that slot.

town only KNOW one thing: they are town. i am the only person i am willing to absolutely say should never be shot so we can ez endgame.

do i think flyhn is a good bet? sure, i have him on my subpar shot list. do i think he's surefire? no way.

tbh considering the nature of the win con and flyhn's normal participation levels it wouldn't surprise me if the ppl who so quickly suggested flyhn as the guy who should never be shot were on his scumteam, made the post for him, had him post it to gain towncred after his overreaction to being called out for his usual idling ways, and then got to claim oh look flyhn so much effort as town. scum is gonna have to be crafty.

wasnt that empoof and josh (maybe asek idr) who were super in favor of it? now they're both down with hitmonleet which i consider inexplicable; flyhn was the guy who just iso'd hitmonleet and came to a town read, now flyhn isn't the first choice but his iso'd town read is? uhh? just weird.

idk it just strikes me as Extremely Odd town would be willing to so quickly label someone else (we've had 2 shots, 1 of which was texas seemingly willingly extracting himself from the game by misfiring to let haruno do haruno things) as the guy who should never be shot. without even trying to make a case for themselves. i get you may want to be the shooter at some point so you can take out your scumreads but like, just the certainty here strikes me as really odd and not in the town's best interests. mafia are the only ones who can be so certain, town always need to reconsider their views in light of new information. saying who should be the endgame townie at this juncture feels extremely premature, especially when we have so few shots to go off that could reveal we need to change the endgame.

flyhn is obviously a bad shot rn and i think there are quite a few better shots than hitmonleet rn but what if the people who most strongly supported either of them being the never-shot town flip mafia along the way? if josh and empoof both turn up scum do we still stick with hitmonleet? no, of course not, which is why it feels so weird people are acting like this is a smart thing to choose at this point in time. i think devising a pool of extremely low priority shots we hope to pick an endgame from is a good means of discussion but selecting one certain person rn? nah thats shady af.

idk how fh is so certain of my being town unless hes mafia

i think it is the optimal play by far to decide on a town to never shoot BUT i am extremely off put by the number of people not campaigning for themselves to be that slot.

town only KNOW one thing: they are town. i am the only person i am willing to absolutely say should never be shot so we can ez endgame.

do i think flyhn is a good bet? sure, i have him on my subpar shot list. do i think he's surefire? no way.

tbh considering the nature of the win con and flyhn's normal participation levels it wouldn't surprise me if the ppl who so quickly suggested flyhn as the guy who should never be shot were on his scumteam, made the post for him, had him post it to gain towncred after his overreaction to being called out for his usual idling ways, and then got to claim oh look flyhn so much effort as town. scum is gonna have to be crafty.

wasnt that empoof and josh (maybe asek idr) who were super in favor of it? now they're both down with hitmonleet which i consider inexplicable; flyhn was the guy who just iso'd hitmonleet and came to a town read, now flyhn isn't the first choice but his iso'd town read is? uhh? just weird.

idk it just strikes me as Extremely Odd town would be willing to so quickly label someone else (we've had 2 shots, 1 of which was texas seemingly willingly extracting himself from the game by misfiring to let haruno do haruno things) as the guy who should never be shot. without even trying to make a case for themselves. i get you may want to be the shooter at some point so you can take out your scumreads but like, just the certainty here strikes me as really odd and not in the town's best interests. mafia are the only ones who can be so certain, town always need to reconsider their views in light of new information. saying who should be the endgame townie at this juncture feels extremely premature, especially when we have so few shots to go off that could reveal we need to change the endgame.

flyhn is obviously a bad shot rn and i think there are quite a few better shots than hitmonleet rn but what if the people who most strongly supported either of them being the never-shot town flip mafia along the way? if josh and empoof both turn up scum do we still stick with hitmonleet? no, of course not, which is why it feels so weird people are acting like this is a smart thing to choose at this point in time. i think devising a pool of extremely low priority shots we hope to pick an endgame from is a good means of discussion but selecting one certain person rn? nah thats shady af.
The bolded is pretty unrealistic, especially in your case. Do you think that you're scum read only by scum right now? Do you think that you'll never be shot this game? I think that there are towns people who would even shoot me right now, and I need to be prepared for that. I'm working towards -never- being shot as town and can hopefully succeed in that but I need to find scum to do so.

The italicized takes away from him talking about shubaka the way he did. Shubaka wasn't in line to be shot either at that point. I know you're saying flyhn is a bad shot right now. But you're looking at a hyper narrow situation. If you looked at how both josh and I have labelled people in the game I don't think it should be surprising that I think hitmonleet shouldn't be shot for a long time.

This post is shady as fuck yeti

Yeti

dark saturday
you being a-okay with other ppl as the town who lives 4eva is shady af son

clue in that im never ok with relying on someone else to actually be town when all i know is i am town. yeah, i do think i am the one who should never be shot, because i am the only one i personally can verify is town. what other people read me as is completely irrelevant to the FACT i only know one wc: my own. so i will not be campaigning for anyone else to be the endgame town.

i have people i would shoot if i did get shot early, i have people i would definitely leave alive if i got shot, i have people i would lean towards being okay to consider for 2nd town, but i definitely don't think anyone should be nominated for that at this point in time.

the circumstance may arise where some idiot tries to shoot me and i can no longer be the endgame town - i will inform everyone of who i think could be at that point in time. until then, i trust nobody to be a solid candidate for that slot. it seems weird to me that you can't understand that logic, that until such happens i find myself the only candidate.

idk just strikes me as weird to be like "i think this guy's fine as the last town" after only 2 shots. i don't like it. doesn't feel towny to me.

Yes. I posted a few pages back, but leet is my top scum read atm
And vice versa with me.

If I may ask, could you please start contributing more than just threatening and mudslinging at other people?

Yeti's post and tone kind of bothers me (especially about wanting to be the lock town), but the thought behind it is towny, so I'm in a double bind. I'm leaning scum, but kind of confused right now. I'm likely to flip on this front, it's just that Yeti hasn't exactly been doing to much to really help, just empty calories.

Yeti would you mind at least giving us some sort of reads post so we can have some sort of contribution?

For reference, my current thoughts on likely scum is:
FH
Yeti
Twin?
Jalmont
DLE?
DBW?

Yeti

dark saturday
Yeti would you mind at least giving us some sort of reads post so we can have some sort of contribution?
this is exactly why it's shady af you guys are ok having him be one of the last town

are you kidding? "some sort of contribution" you and dbw's scumpartners are really trying too hard to push this narrative. stupid af. all i do is contribute, consistently in nocs i play i have one of the highest volumes of contributions.

i posted a list. it's not even that far back. it has the order of shot priority and why. that is a reads post. hint if you have trouble interpreting it: the higher the shot priority, the more scummy i find them.

maybe you should read the thread before you post stupid things like that, if you cbf to spend your own time reading it to find exactly what you are looking for don't you dare ping people to spend THEIR time on this game. especially when what you want already exists.

or at the least don't make it so obvious you checked into your scumchat, saw "try and claim yeti has no contributions even though that's blatantly false" and ran with it without reading the thread at all.

I'm not gonna talk to angry yeti without eating dinner. I can't tell if we're just looking at the game differently on fundamental levels. I believe that you have to trust people to solve the game, and I think you don't think that.

Yeti

dark saturday
Now that their are some more Posts, I'd like to just quickly go over my unknowns:

FCC - After his wall, where he pretty accurately sums up everything, and makes some clear statements and analyzes things quite well and honestly (from my POV at least), this makes me consider them pretty close to locktown.

Asek - Still don't have enough real material to go on, but I personally have a gut townread on him right now. Asek I'd like to see your thoughts/reads, if you don't mind.

Twin - I don't know how to really peg him (I never really can, his play is pretty hard for me to read), so he's currently Absolute Null to me.

iDLE - He did finally post a big wall, but it just... rubs me wrong. I don't know why, but it just doesn't feel right to me. Gut Scum, likely to change.

DWB - You haven't really done anything helpful, and have just kind of vanished. I don't like it. Scumlean.

Jalmont - Literally has done nothing beneficial. Strong Scumlean rn. Jalmont come on man, at least post some reads or smth.

DeathByWobbuffet Thetwinmasters if you don't mind, could you guys at least post a reads thing?
look at this post. half of the reasons for anything are just "i dont know." asek has definitely post enough you can formulate an opinion on though i agree he should post more.

you have a fraction of my posts and analysis and you think you can try this noise rofl

this is exactly why it's shady af you guys are ok having him be one of the last town

are you kidding? "some sort of contribution" you and dbw's scumpartners are really trying too hard to push this narrative. stupid af. all i do is contribute, consistently in nocs i play i have one of the highest volumes of contributions.

i posted a list. it's not even that far back. it has the order of shot priority and why. that is a reads post. hint if you have trouble interpreting it: the higher the shot priority, the more scummy i find them.

maybe you should read the thread before you post stupid things like that, if you cbf to spend your own time reading it to find exactly what you are looking for don't you dare ping people to spend THEIR time on this game. especially when what you want already exists.

or at the least don't make it so obvious you checked into your scumchat, saw "try and claim yeti has no contributions even though that's blatantly false" and ran with it without reading the thread at all.
Oh wait, you did make a post.

Sorry about that, I missed it.

This is why you don't Mafia after lacking caffeine in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)