Let's begin...

Froslass - Timid - Focus Sash
6 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
~Taunt
~Destiny Bond
~Ice Beam
~Spikes

Against common leads:

Abomasnow - Taunt, Spikes and Destiny Bond work wonders on sub/seed. It'll probably switch out.
Aerodactyl - He'll most likely Taunt you, so just Ice Beam him in the face.
Azelf - You won't be able to outrun this bugger. Turn one spikes, then switch out (see Blissey)
Bronzong - Taunt! Spikes and he'll switch out or you can destiny bond him if he gets you down.
Gyarados - Spikes! Then destiny bond, you can out run him.
Heatran - Tough to say, based on what they're running. Turn one should be spikes and either switch or Destiny bond from there.
Hippowdon - Ice Beam or spikes, he's going to switch out and you need to be weary of the sand.
Infernape - You have an OK situation here, you're immune to fake out and you see the stealth rock from a mile away. Taunt him and spikes him, then destiny bond or switch out (see Moltres).
Jirachi - I love facing Jirachi, set up Spikes (because you'll most likely see a trick to choice scarf) and either destiny bond or switch out (see Donphan/Zapdos)
Metagross - Spikes on turn one, he's going to try and outrun you with bullet punch so switch out turn two (see Moltres)
Ninjask - Really? Taunt it after it subs and just start spiking till you fear he'll kill you. Destiny Bond/Ice Beam.
Smeargle - Taunt!!!! then spikes and destiny bond, don't let it set up.
Swampert - Rare lead, but start spiking. Don't fear stealth rock because you're switching to your spinner (see Forretress).
Tyranitar - He sucks, seriously I hate him. Switch to Vaporeon or Scizor if you think you can set up.
Weavile - Nothing too strong, Spikes and switch or Destiny Bond. Pursuit/Ice Shard should make up your mind if you're switching or bonding.
Yanmega - I usually Ice Beam until he's dead or gone, switch out if you start to get afraid. Spikes usually on turn one because of protect, then ice beam or spikes and switch.

Outside of the starters, why do I prefer Froslass? Speed, ghost and destiny bond. He can switch IN on breloom or scizor, sometimes infernape and lucario. Destiny Bond and switching will mess with your opponents head and a fast taunt can leave all their setups helpless. A prime example of his effectiveness with Blissey is when fighting Breloom. Switch in on Focus Punch/Mach Punch, Taunt and it's GG.

Blissey - Bold - Leftovers
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 SpD
~Aromatherapy
~Softboiled
~Thunder Wave
~Seismic Toss

Your standard cleric, please don't underestimate Thunder Wave. The Blissey/Froslass combination is seriously underrepresented. Focus Blast/Mach Punch/Focus Punch/Close Combat/Brick Break or Superpower... switch to Froslass. This set is king and shouldn't be taken lightly. Aromatherapy is useful if they somehow Sleep Zapdos or Froslass. Do I need to get rid of Aromatherapy for Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Psychic?

Donphan - Impish - Leftovers
252 HP/ 6 Att/ 252 Def
~Ice Shard
~Earth Quake
~Rapid Spin
~Stealth Rock

Ice Shard is meant for countering dragons with some speed on this slow bulky MF. EQ works well on steel types and heatran while rapid spin clears the way for charizard to safely switch in. Stealth Rock when I have free time to hazard them. Replace Forretress with this bad boy.

Vaporeon - Bold - Leftovers
188 HP/ 252 Def/ 68 Spe
~Wish
~Surf
~HP Electric 70
~Protect

Vaporeon works wonders against opposing bulky waters and walls many OU standards. Wish can pass to Life Orb'd scizors and Life Orb'd Zapdos who fear Stealth Rock entry hazards. This is obviously a great counter to Suicune with Water Absorb abuse.

Zapdos - Timid - Life Orb
6 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
~Heat Wave
~Thunderbolt
~HP Grass 70
~Roost

This has replaced Charizard and Moltres and still packs a nasty punch with Life Orb and Heat Wave, not to mention a STAB Tbolt and a wonderful Rock/Ground counter in HP Grass. Roost is for healing purposes and makes Zapdos hard to take down when coupled with Wish.

Scizor - Adamant - Life Orb
32 HP/ 252 Att/ 224 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Bullet Punch
~Superpower
~U-Turn

He replaces Alakazam! When they start fearing your Zapdos/Froslass or if they switch into one of scizor's typing advantages, this set up is simple but deadly. If you suspect a fire who can outrun you, switch back to Vaporeon/Blissey. U-Turn works well because it isn't negated by a select few opponents (metagross) and can get Scizor out of tricky situations.

How this team works:

While it doesn't rely on Spikes or Stealth Rock, they provide added coverage. It's hard for opponents to Spin when this team covers so much ground with its movesets. Honestly, Froslass and Blissey are my favorite combo. The big threats of our OU days get walled by the two of them through Destiny Bond, Ghost and HP/SpD. Thunder Wave down tough threats and Switch to Zapdos when an EQ, Flying or Steel Move is incoming; Heat Wave/HP Grass a steel or ground threat. I haven't worked out all of Donphan's kinks, but I need a spinner/ If at any point you see an opportunity for a Scizor switch-in (Blissey, Special Walls or typing advantages) he works great as a sweeper with one swords dance.

I think I have Heatran problems also... Blissey with Thunder Wave/Seismic Toss works but not 100% of the time. If he's scarf'd I can't destiny bond with froslass either. Also, sometimes other entry hazards screw me over, but Dopnhan is nice enough with Rapid Spin
The big threats of OU get walled quite nicely.

Scizor: Zapdos (Heat Wave)
Gyarados: Vaporeon (HP Elec)
Infernape: Vaporeon (Surf)
Lucario: Zapdos (Heat Wave)
Salamence: Froslass (Ice Beam)/Donphan (Ice Shard) and Blissey for SpD
Heatran: Blissey/Froslass (DBond)
Tyranitar: Scizor (Superpower/U-Turn) or Vaporeon (Surf)
Gengar: Blissey (TWave) then Scizor bullet punch and Froslass outruns
Bronzong: Froslass (Taunt/Dbond) Zapdos (Heat Wave)
Skarmory: Froslass (Taunt) Zapdos (Heat Wave)

Problems in Bold! Comment and critique please; edited with Charizard for Moltres and Scizor for Alakazam. Still thinking about Donphan for Forretress...

EDIT: Updated by removing Charizard for Zapdos and implementing Vaporeon for Metagross, along with Donphan for Forretress.

Just some notes from me battling you earlier, and some observations in general.

I like the Froslass lead, it worked pretty well. When you went to Moltres after the first bullet punch I expected you to try to Will-o-Wisp the switch in (I have a Lum Berry on my Gross), s'why I tried to stay in on him. Darn my overprediction.

I was gonna mention you needed a spinner, as I didn't get to see yours come out in the fight, and Forry's a good choice, good synergy with Moltres/Froslass/Forry.

The main issue I'd seen was if your Blissey hadn't of gotten lucky I'm pretty sure my Empoleon would have swept your team with Aqua Jet, not really packing a water resist/counter, and I think Starmie/Suicune/Empoleon might give you problems, although your Gross MIGHT be able to stop them, I don't know what your experience is like there.

I like Alakazam and Gengar, but they have alot of the same weakness that Froslass has, you might consider a bulky DDance Gyarados in that slot. A lot more bulk, helps to deal with Scizor if your Moltres is done in, and handles water/fighting well.

thanks stoker, and I agree about the bulk. the thing with Gross is, he's durable. He has no OVERWHELMING weaknesses beyond a flamethrower/eq. His type coverage is nice. I'll work on a replacement for ZAM though, he needs some fixing.

Also, I have an HP Grass Timid Charizard that I could run instead of Moltres, not sure how it'd work tho.

Charizard - Timid - Choice Specs
6 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
~HP Grass 70
~Air Slash
~Overheat
~Dragon Pulse

could make for a good replacement for moltres.

Charizard - Timid - Choice Specs
6 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
~HP Grass 70
~Overheat
~Dragon Pulse/Focus Blast
~Air Slash

Scizor - Adamant - Life Orb
32 HP/ 252 Att/ 224 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Bullet Punch
~Superpower
~X-Scissor

updated with these two buggers, in place of moltres and alakazam.

The only problem I see with this team is that Scarf Flygon could go EQ happy. With SR in play Charizard has 2 switch ins Max because of its 50% damage each turn. Now, if you switch him to Heatran you can Counter Scizor and help your own but that just adds the the EQ weakness. Moltres would really work better because it has Roost (If charizard does have Roost then I suggest switching Dragon Pulse or Focus Blast for it).

Either you do that or I say you switch Gyarados. He counters Scizor and can lower your EQ weakness. You could also try putting Scarf Rotom-H in there. THis counters Gyarados with Discharge/Thunderbolt, Scizor with Overheat, Lucario with Overheat and ruins walls such as Hippowdon, Blissey, Snorlax and more with Trick

Hope I helped

you did indeed help. Charizard and Moltres can both run roost, HOWEVER, i usually add a choice item to their set, effectively nulling roost.

Rotom idea is nice, but I don't have platinum >< It's impossible for Rotom-H in D/P if i'm not mistaken. I'll get my hands on platinum soon enough though.

From an immediate glance I see infernape, as well as general fire moves, as a glaring threat. Like calum I suggest vaporeon because it simultaneously defends against infernape and it's water type goes great with your steel types. It can also utilize roar to go along with your hazard strategy. (Maybe over hp electric?) Consider it over metagross or scizor since I feel that they share too similar roles. Lastly, it helps with suicune and gyarados since you have no water resists at the moment.

I also would rather see heatran over charizard, simply because charizard may be a little underwhelming in OU. Heatran forces many switches which is good for you spikes stragey.

However, if you choose to use heatran over charizard, you might want gyarados over vaporeon. They share similar roles, you have a rapid spinner, and it helps deal with fighting types easier since charizard is gone.

I'm implementing donphan instead of forretress, still working out charizard problems.

Donphan - Impish - Leftovers
252 HP/ 6 Att/ 252 Def
~Ice Shard
~Earth Quake
~Rapid Spin
~Stealth Rock

I'm working out the kinks with charizard but at this point in time he works as a great infernape and steel counter, both being so prevalent in the ou metagame.

one of my final updates....

Vaporeon - Bold - Leftovers
188 HP/ 252 Def/ 68 Spe
~Wish
~Surf
~HP Electric 70
~Protect

Vaporeon works wonders against opposing bulky waters and walls many OU standards. Wish can pass to Life Orb'd scizors and Life Orb'd Zapdos who fear Stealth Rock entry hazards. This is obviously a great counter to Suicune with Water Absorb abuse.

Zapdos - Timid - Life Orb
6 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
~Heat Wave
~Thunderbolt
~HP Grass 70
~Roost

This has replaced Charizard and Moltres and still packs a nasty punch with Life Orb and Heat Wave, not to mention a STAB Tbolt and a wonderful Rock/Ground counter in HP Grass. Roost is for healing purposes and makes Zapdos hard to take down when coupled with Wish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)