1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Wigglytuff

Discussion in 'Dragonspiral Tower' started by Niched, Oct 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niched

Niched

[​IMG]
    Wigglytuff, Eater of Souls

Ah, Wigglytuff. Under that cute facade you hide a burning desire for destruction. Unfortunately your rotund and rather hideous body does not allow for this. Fortunately fifth gen brings many mighty new friends to to acquire souls for Wiggly.

Code:
    #40 Wigglytuff
    Typing: Normal
    Ability 1: 
       Cute Charm
        Opponent is attracted with a 30% chance after hitting with a contact move.
    Ability 2: 
       None
    Ability 3: (Dream World)
       Frisk
        Reveals Foe's held item.

HP:  140
    Atk: 70
    Def: 45
    SpA: 75
    SpD: 50
    Spe: 45

Pre-Evo Moves:
    Lv1: Sing
    Lv5: Defence Curl
    Lv9: Pound
    Lv13: Disable
    Lv17: Troll (Sing-a-Round)
    Lv21: Rollout
    Lv25: Doubleslap
    Lv29: Rest
    Lv33: Body Slam
    Lv37: Gyro Ball
    Lv41: Wake Up Slap
    Lv45: Mimic
    Lv49: Hyper Voice
    Lv53: Double Edge

Level-Up Moves:
    -

TM Moves:
    TM06 - Toxic
    TM10 - Hidden Power
    TM11 - Sunny Day
    TM13 - Ice Beam
    TM14 - Blizzard
    TM15 - Hyper Beam
    TM16 - Light Screen
    TM17 - Protect
    TM18 - Rain Dance
    TM20 - Safeguard
    TM21 - Frustration
    TM22 - Solarbeam
    TM24 - Thunderbolt
    TM25 - Thunder
    TM27 - Return
    TM28 - Dig
    TM29 - Psychic
    TM30 - Shadow Ball
    TM31 - Brick Break
    TM32 - Double  Team
    TM33 - Reflect
    TM35 - Flamethrower
    TM38 - Fire Blast
    TM42 - Facade
    TM44 - Rest
    TM45 - Attract
    TM48 - Troll
    TM49 - Echo Voice
    TM52 - Focus Blast
    TM56 - Fling
    TM57 - Charge Beam
    TM59 - Incinerate
    TM67 - Get Even/ Vengeance
    TM68 - Giga Impact
    TM70 - Flash
    TM73 - Thunder Wave
    TM74 - Gyro Ball
    TM77 - Psych Up
    TM83 - Cheer Up
    TM85 - Dream Eater
    TM86 - Grass Knot
    TM87 - Swagger
    TM90 - Substitute
    TM93 - Wild Volt
    HM04 - Strength

Troll: Normal Special PP: 15 / Power: 60 / Accuracy: 100
    Raises Base Power the more Pokemon you have with the attack.

Echo Voice: Normal Special PP: 15 / Power: 40 / Accuracy: 100
    If used in succession, power increases.

Incinerate: Fire Special PP: 15 / Power: 30 / Accuracy: 100
    Destroys the opponents berry.

Vengeance: Normal Physical PP: 5 / Power: 70 / Accuracy: 100
    If a teammate fainted last turn, power increases.

Cheer Up: Normal Status PP: 30 / Power: - / Accuracy: - 
    Raises Attack and Special Attack one stage.

Wild Volt: Electric Physical PP: 15 / Power: 90 / Accuracy: 100
    Deals 1/4 recoil damage.

Egg Moves:
    Perish Song
    Present
    Faint Attack
    Wish
    Fake Tears
    Last Resort
    Covet
    Gravity
    Sleep Talk
    Captivate
    Punishment
    Wigglytuff will not stop until complete destruction of your opponents team has completed. And then he will eat their souls! Wiggly has the following tools to help him accomplish is goal:

• Frisk
      Wigglytuff's thirst for knowledge is only seconded by his thirst for souls! With the new battle format allowing you to see your opponents team before the battle, scouting for pokemon becomes worthless. However, scouting for moves becomes doubly important, because you can no longer surprise opponents with pokemon, but you can surprise them by running, for example, Specsdos (With Earthquake Spiral/Overconfidence). Wigglytuff allows you to see, for example, if they have a girly focus sash or a even wimpier escape button. And once you know their item, you're halfway to their moveset. And once you know their moveset, you're halfway to their soul.
    • Sleep Talk
      Yes, Wigglytuff is such a beast that it can dismember it's enemies in its sleep! Now last gen, sleep talk was no big deal, what with it being a TM and all, but now it is much more limited.
    • Wish Support
      With Wish's new tweaking, it now heals 50% of the user's HP. Wigglytuff can support is mighty teammates in their quest for victory by healing even the most grievious wounds (provided said wounds are between 210 and 242 HP worth of damage). It can now restore easily upward of 75 or 80 percent of a pokemon's health. Sturdy pokemon especially will benefit from this, allowing them to stat up, sweep, and switch out and back again. Twice the sweep = twice the souls.
    • Support
      Besides wish, Wigglytuff has a fairly broad support movepool. It can set up both rain, sun (NU?), and Dualscreen. It can use Gravity, Perish Song, Thunder Wave, Toxic, and Sing. It has Cute Charm to deal with physical sweepers, and a ghost immunity. Wigglytuff has many things with which to prepare the field for the sweepers yet to come. It also got stealth rock last gen.
    • The bad news
      Wigglytuff is likely to force lots of swiches. This is unfortunate as you will not get a chance to try to take their attacks with your mighty 45 Def / 50 SD. Unfortunately, Wigglytuff is a team player and doesn't like extracting souls itself. As such, even with Cheer Up and excellent coverage, Wigglytuff is unlikely to be sweeping many teams. ALso, Wigglytuff can't stand anybody who's more brawn then brains. When faced with some fighting type who's throwing punches left and right, Wigglytuff is likely to pity the musclebound fool and and drop out of the fight.
    I suspect that a dominant set will look like this:

Fetch me Souls!
    Wigglytuff @ Leftovers
    Ability: Frisk
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SA
    Nature: Impish
    ~ Wish
    ~ Protect
    ~ Toxic / Thunder Wave
    ~ Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Flamethrower

Dominantly designed to heal Wiggly's injured minions, Wiggly still manages to fill multiple roles. Frisk is to scout. Max Def, to shore up Wiggly's less impenetrable defence stat, and the aforementioned wish. Protect is to scout for moves, and also to heal Wigglytuff if an opponent actually manages to land a blow. Toxic or Thunder Wave to make it a little easier for your minions to sweep, and coverage move of choice, just in case Wigglytuff gets taunted. Wiggly could never resist such a challenge!

3 Stocked! (Brawl set)
    Jigglypuff @ Macho Brace
    Ability: Cute Charm
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Nature: Adamant
    ~ Rollout
    ~ Pound
    ~ Sing
    ~ Rest

Wiggly's little corpse creatin' kid comes all the way from SSBB to show fifth gen whats what! Macho Brace to be even more Macho, Pound to start the hurts, Rollout for damage, Sing for set up and Rest for the kill! Really, this set plays just like brawl.

Well, that's an overview of Wigglytuff, Eater of Souls. I highly recommend you find some minions for him, and create sets to help shore up the many weaknesses of his minions.
  2. Surskit

Surskit

jigglypuff should have muscle band, umbrella, fan or flower xD

nice analysis of wigglytuff. did you say that wish heals HP depending on the users max HP? so if wigglytuff used wish, then switch to shuckle, it would effectively heal all of its HP? i haven't heard of that before, but it sounds amazing. wigglytuff might see a bit of use in NU!
  3. Steel Tyranitar

Steel Tyranitar

I found this rather humorous, but was the jigglypuff set really necessary? lol.

I don't know, Mamanbo has more HP and defence than Wigglytuff and only a bit lower speical defence than Wigglytuff. To me, it looks like Wiggly will still go by the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none".
  4. Niched

Niched

The jigglypuff set was recommended by an expert in the field. I gave him the benefit of the doubt on this one. Try it!
  5. Nanoswine

Nanoswine

6. Niched

Niched

Hey, stop trolling (or sing-a-rounding)! This is a serious thread on Wigglytuff's limitless potential (in NU) this gen. Please take it seriously!
  7. Thee

Thee

I don't know whether to cringe or laugh.

This reminds me of those analysis like the ones about Kakuna, Spinda, and Luvdisc (4th gen).

Wish is outclassed in OU by Blissey, but Wigglytuff's high HP makes it more usable in lower tiers. A "reason" to use Wigglytuff over Clefable, although it is more likely that Wigglytuff would be stuck tier that considers Clefable too powerful.

Frisk is incredibly interesting...but how does it help Wigglytuff? I can't see, with Wigglytuff's amazing defenses and speed, how it would be able to utilize the ability effectively.

Does Specsdos mean choice specs zapdos? Because I'm pretty sure Zapdos does not get overconfidence.
  8. Niched

Niched

No, Specsdos means Choice Specs Gyarados. With overconfidence. (for the suprise value, of course).
  9. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Well I hate to have to be one to say this, but Wigglytuff is doomed to failure in this gen.
    Wigglytuff is outclassed by nearly every pokemon with a similar archetype. She's still very much inferior to Blissey when it comes to support / sponging special hits.

But what about the lower tiers?

Wigglytuff still faces competition with the likes of Clefable, and if you look even further Lickiliky. In gen 4, Wigglytuff didn't have a single niche because all of those aforementioned pokemon were dominant in each tier. (Blissey = OU, Clefable=UU, Lickilicky=NU)

Don't get me wrong, I love this pokemon (I really do) but I just can't see myself using it over any of the others.
  10. Tabor

Tabor

The question is, will Wigglytuff become a top OU threat, or will it be banned to Ubers?
  11. KokoaKiwi

KokoaKiwi

I lol'd so hard at the Rollout set.
  12. TickingSeedotBomb

TickingSeedotBomb

Poor wigglytuff... Not much will help her out really... Too many defensive Normal types heck Tabunne is most likely better.
  13. Griffen78

Griffen78

you could try a move set of:
    thunderbolt
    icebeam
    sing
    fake tears

now thismove set probably would only be useful on a trick room team, but well it's something. and you could replace one of the elemental beams for hyper voice if you perfer stab over coverage.

I'll leave ev's and nature to you guys, but maxed s.atk with the rest of the evs spread among the defensive stats will prob be the best choice.
  14. Bynine

Bynine

you aren't
    fucking
    funny

And the OP could use more sets with that many moves available. Something involving Sing, perhaps.
  15. Sandstreamer

Sandstreamer

Enjoyed the OP. It's incredibly sad all that Wiggly got was FRISK. FRISK. Wigglytuff is probably one of the few pokemon that are outclassed at everything they can do. It would so have deserved a really broken ability...
  16. sensible

sensible

Why can't Wigglytuff learn Judgment!? I am appalled that Wigglytuff can't learn Judgment.
  17. Griffen78

Griffen78

and my set goes ignored....

anyway ya wigglytuff needs more. it needs the opossite of medichams ability. That get it more use.
  18. breh

breh ● ︿ ●
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

Dude please be a litle more serious. I will admit the first 3 sentences made me laugh but the Jigglypuff set should be removed to be honest (Brawl or no... do you see a Charizard with Rock Smash on the Charizard page?)

I really don't get why you made a thread for a pokemon that didn't change at all... In any case I think running the same set from gen 4 (Dual Screen + Perish Song / Heal Bell + SR) is best IMO. Wigglytuff doesn't do much better than that.
  19. Griffen78

Griffen78

he could be a trick room sweeper in NU, but other then that he won't get much use.
  20. breh

breh ● ︿ ●
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

To sweep you first must have high attacking stat(s) lol... things like Rhyperior and Azumarill have godly attacks but crappy speed; Wigglytuff has terrible 70/75 attacking stats in comparison. Sure it has a wide movepool but so does a bunch of other stuff.
  21. Griffen78

Griffen78

it can put somehting to sleep and then fake tears it. ya it isn't that great but offensivly it's all this thing's got.
  22. Minjo Master

Minjo Master

Posting to inform you all of what you should already know, that this is the best open (as the Afro Break one was closed) thread on Uncharted Territory.
  23. some hero

some hero

Most likely the second one.

In all seriousness, maybe a Counter set..?I'm sure it can take a bunch of hits..
  24. Griffen78

Griffen78

well not a bunch, but yes a counter set could work. just throw it on a toxic stall set.
    toxic
    protect
    wish
    counter
    ?
  25. some hero

some hero

Well, counter need to be a surprise..so take out Protect/Toxic for Seismic Toss or even sing.I also think Thunder Wave is better than Toxic for Gengar and the fast special attackers it cant hurt.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)