Winner's Path Event: Pokewalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said earlier in the thread, I got a
Munchlax
Brave: 29,30,30,0,30,1 with thick fat.

I´ve also got brozors with different abilities, but they did NOT get caught during the 29,30,30,0,30,1 frame.

It's set, which sucks for all of us. It's been proven by Wild Eep. You will always get Pickup on Brave Munchlaxes.

EDIT: Ability 0, which Pickup is, always corresponds to Snorlax's ability 0, Immunity. It can only change if it's from 3rd generation.
I got a Brave Munchlax with Thick Fat... I assume you mean with those IV's?

Here's a question...Might it have something to do with the game cart they are being transfered to?

I have Soul Silver version, and I consistantly get the Pick Up Munchlax, as well as a few other people I know have Soul Silver get.

MattJ, and a hand full of others I know, consistantly get Thick Fat Munchlax's. In MattJ's case, I am pretty sure he is doing his on Heart Gold.

Could maybe one person with HG, and one person with SS that really can hit the delay try it, and see if their Munchlax's come out with different abilities? It might just be crazy enough to work.

Here's a question...Might it have something to do with the game cart they are being transfered to?

I have Soul Silver version, and I consistantly get the Pick Up Munchlax, as well as a few other people I know have Soul Silver get.

MattJ, and a hand full of others I know, consistantly get Thick Fat Munchlax's. In MattJ's case, I am pretty sure he is doing his on Heart Gold.

Could maybe one person with HG, and one person with SS that really can hit the delay try it, and see if their Munchlax's come out with different abilities? It might just be crazy enough to work.
WildEep has figured out how the PID is generated. As I've caught four munchies according to his methods, including a pentaflawless Adamant Thick Fat Munchlax, I believe that there has been sufficient verification to conclude that he is completely correct.

WildEep has figured out how the PID is generated. As I've caught four munchies according to his methods, including a pentaflawless Adamant Thick Fat Munchlax, I believe that there has been sufficient verification to conclude that he is completely correct.
Is it just that I am missing that delay by such a minimal amount of time that I am getting the correct IV's and nature, but not the correct ability?

I consistantly get Brave 29/30/30/0/30/1 and Pick Up ability. I have eight of them.

All four of my lax are Brave 29,30,30,0,30,1 and using Heart Gold. But hearing that someone got Thick Fat on that spread gives me hope...

Perhaps it's affected by when you press A on the DS menu? I press A to start my game a split-second before the clock hits 59 seconds. So it's still actually 58 seconds. On what second does everyone else hit A?

It's not affected by the time you press A. My guess is that it's affected by the trainer ID, as the game uses that to modify the PID and ensure the Pokémon aren't shiny (and therefore possibly change the ability). So if you're getting Thick Fat with that spread, you'll always get Thick Fat, and vice-versa. I think this may apply to all spreads of that nature, rather than just that spread.
Has anyone managed to get different abilities with the same nature (on the same game)?

It's not affected by the time you press A. My guess is that it's affected by the trainer ID, as the game uses that to modify the PID and ensure the Pokémon aren't shiny (and therefore possibly change the ability). So if you're getting Thick Fat with that spread, you'll always get Thick Fat, and vice-versa. I think this may apply to all spreads of that nature, rather than just that spread.
Has anyone managed to get different abilities with the same nature (on the same game)?

Really? That sucks...

I tried starting at :59 and got the Impish spread. At :58, I got the Brave spread. Unfortunately, I had Pickup instead of Thick Fat, but at least I know I can do anything I set my mind to =-~* /themoreyouknow

I also suppose this means that the Impish spread is 1 seed above the Brave spread, if that helps any.

Edit: Does this mean it's possible to do the same with Adamant Bronzor and Levitate? Has anyone gotten this spread with Duskull?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I guess we can say odd IDs get 1 Ability and even IDs, 0 ability?

That might indeed be the case. I'm an even ID, and I'm locked to Munchlax's 0 ability (Pickup) on that 29,30,30,0,30,1 frame.

But I have realized that this is actually perfect for an offensive Trick Room Bronzong, which will always have Levitate with this spread. It's either a good Boomlax or a good TRzong for everyone it seems...

That might indeed be the case. I'm an even ID, and I'm locked to Munchlax's 0 ability (Pickup) on that 29,30,30,0,30,1 frame.

But I have realized that this is actually perfect for an offensive Trick Room Bronzong, which will always have Levitate with this spread. It's either a good Boomlax or a good TRzong for everyone it seems...
Actually, given that Bronzong is not a forced gender, it might end up with a different ability.

I was waiting for this course. I literally stopped using my PokeWalker until I found out this was downloadable. I've been on this 3 days straight(today being day 3). So far:

Bronzor w/Occa Berry
2 Horseas w/Dragon Scale
Beldum w/Shuca Berry
Munchlax W/Leftovers

3 Persim Berries
Sitrus Berry
Lum Berry
Choice Specs

I may put up the IV's later....don't feel like it right now :/ Biggest reasons for doing this course are, for me, Leftovers and all the choice items.

i keep getting adamant nature. the munchlax's have thick fat and the bronzors have heatproof.

i've tried starting the game at both :58 and :59 and get the same result. anyone have any advice?

also, since i cant RNG yet, can anyone link me to more pokewalker RNG guides? thanks.

Every single Pokemon I got from the Brave Spread had the ability 0 (Which is only good for Bronzor) I believe it is set that way, but I can't comfirm this. Also, gender isn't a factor (female paras had effect spore :[ ) I will test the other spreads soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)