winter sucks

My parents had to reschedule a flight because of this garbage. They WERE going through Chicago, now they are going via Dallas/Houstan/Miami? Jesus.

We got nailed pretty bad as well. Some areas come up to our heads 'cause of the drifts. Some roads are completely blocked off by deep snow. Lots of work to do.

The only good thing about winter is the snow/bus cancellation days.

We got a good amount of snow over the last couple of days.. I suppose a ton of places around here have, though. Hoping for a snow day tomorrow!

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
The only good thing about winter is the snow/bus cancellation days.

We got a good amount of snow over the last couple of days.. I suppose a ton of places around here have, though. Hoping for a snow day tomorrow!
same here, we're supposed to get tons of snow where i live. though those douchenozzle weathermen have lied to me in the past, so we'll have to wait and see -__-

Two snow days?! What is this? Seriously, the storm has passed, the major roads are sorta clear and will be completely by morning tomorrow I bet, and people have had a day to deal with it. But I guess I should stop complaining, and just get ready for Snow Day II: Shovel Harder.

I missed a chance to see morm's parents! Dang, yo.

in similarity to all the other people that live in the GTA, my school closed, based off of what ended up being like 20 centimeters of snow. Pfft.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
That image doesn't mention the storm that dropped 3 feet of snow on South Buffalo in one day.

We never get any recognition, I guess it's because everyone expects it of us.

On the plus side, if it's a little warm during the summer (90+), y'all get mentioned on the news. See? Upstate is still represented!

AJers

Your typical e-wench
Man, it would have been cool if the snow had stuck and we had a winter wonderland (like I used to sometimes [briefly] enjoy in CO when growing up); instead we get snow for a couple hours Monday (then it snowed most of the night), a snow day due to icy roads/brown snow (yeah, the snow was melting Tuesday); completely DRY roads and no snow by Tuesday at 3pm, and "snow days" for public schools Wednesday because it was so cold the buses wouldn't start, and now a gas shortage because it's so cold that we ran out of gas (the state isn't meant to handle any cold weather, it's the first time it's gone in negative digits in over 20 years)...

So yeah, winter sucks in Albuquerque; we're totally NOT prepared for this. :)

On the other hand, I guess no one else who got this storm was prepared for it either!

To be fair, the snow day yesterday was awesome (cold, but awesome), yay for arts and crafts, freezing ass basketball (we lasted a whole 2 minutes, tops), fighting with little kids, hot cocoa, Just Dance 2, movies, and for the first time in a long time... all of my friends being off (and congregating together) at the same day/time.

Hope everyone is weathering the storm well! Keep warm! (Layer it on, peel it off, ;) )

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
There was a shitload of rain/sleet last week, and yesterday, everything in NYC was covered in ~2 inches of ice. A good deal of it melted today, but it is extremely slippery outside.

On the bright side, all that ice is a fantastic weapon to use against cookie when he tries to break into your house. Sometimes you gotta think outside the box. =D

yessssss
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

also I took a kind of accidentally amazing picture? maybe?

I mean hell this picture is practically...hipster or some shit...

i think this is the first time ive been walking along a main street and every crossroad for almost a mile is unplowed and covered 2-3 feet high with snow

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Man that is an incredible photo.

Is that just your flash making that light, or what is it?

Have a nice day.

I'd say it's the flash+snow+lowlight combo, although I can't say for sure seeing as I've never done it with snow. But I know the same thing happens with dust in the air (like in cellars etc), just not as dramatic.
Just thought I'd chime in with that...

Hey my photo is kinda like that but with a church. It's cool when snow looks like razorblades.

We hardly get any snow over here, like this is the most for years and the whole city comes to a standstill lol :/ It's still nice for photos, though.

Hipmonlee, just a normal digital camera and normal flash. I rarely take pictures (and never have snow), so I was trying to figure out which way would actually take a picture of the snow properly :@ the outdoors were lit (as you can see by the other picture without flash), but yeah the flash was what made things like the individual snow flakes reflect/somehow cancelled out the outdoor light.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
aw, look at all the snow noobs taking their first snow pics

so damned cute, aren't they? :avatar:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)