WipeOut

Everyone knows I prefer offence over any other style of play. Whenever I try balanced or stall teams, I fail badly, like, really badly. When Excadrill got banned I was stoked, so I decided to make a HO team. The original version had Salamence over Dragonite and Celebi over Mew. I was testing it for a bit and it got me into the low 1300s, so I decided to stop for a bit and see what happens in the world. Salamence got Moxie in that resting period, so I couldn't wait to test it. I realised that now the players were getting better, they could easily stall out the screens, so I experimented with a bulkier Deoxys-S spread. I liked it, but Salamence wasn't going as good as I'd hoped. I tried changing things around to suit him, and I settled on Nasty Plot Mew over Celebi. It left me a bit open to Rotom-W, but Mew was just that much better; I wanted to keep it in the team. I was reading some of the RMTs, and I found MostWanted's team. I really liked the look of ExtremeSpeed Dragon Dance Dragonite, so I tried that over Salamence. It was awesome, so awesome I made a new alt just to use this team.​

In just over an hour of laddering, I gained more than 400 CRE points. Then I had a bad hax streak and I got knocked down to the mid 1300s. I still kept laddering until the end of the day (I had no homework at all), and I was getting tired. My rank was dropping, and after about 8 hours straight laddering, I had an eleven game losing streak. I was pissed so I called it a night. That was yesterday. Anyway, enough of my life story, this is the team, WipeOut.​

Note: Scizor, Lucario and Mew have 29 HP IVs to hit a LO number
Note: Slashed things are decisions I haven't decided on yet

Deoxys-S @ Light Clay​
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 148 SDef / 48 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

San Pellegrino's spread was better thtan mine, so now I'm using this one. Sometimes I wish he'd just die after I get my hazards and SR up, so I don't have to waste screens time switching out to something. The only problem is lack of the ability to tie with opposing Deoxys-S'. The standard Dual Screens Deoxys, but with some more defences. The EVs are to outspeed Scarfed Rotom-W, and lighten some attacks from Scizor, Tyranitar and Rotom-W. The bulk also allows him to come in more than once and set up screens again and again. Not much else to say about Deoxys-S, but he's essential to the team. Even so, he's broken and should be banned.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Bloody amazing. Sets up on anything and kills it. Rotom-W just used Will-O-Wisp? Eat a +1 Outrage. Jellicent Will-O-Wisped me? I don't care, eat an Outrage. Will-O-Wisp missed? GG. ExtremeSpeed leaves a parting gift on anything hoping to Ice Shard or BP me. Fire Punch kills Steels like Ferrothorn and Scizor. If I see that Dragonite can just about 6-0 my opponent, I lead with it, to avoid switching into SR. Outrage even 2HKOs its biggest counter: Heatran. I mainly use it to cause a bit of ruckus early or mid game, and many people ragequit when they realise that their precious Dragonite counter (Ferrothorn) is 2HKOd by a rain-weakened Fire Punch, while they pathetically Thunder Wave my Lum Berry. This set is what makes Dragonite so broken, and without SR up, it causes more pain than any mon on my team.

Mew @ Life Orb
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Fire Blast / Shadow Ball

The MVP, and one of my favourite mons to use. Under Screens, it takes any attack and KOs right back. Only the Lati twins and Slowbro give it trouble, which is why I'm considering Shadow Ball over Fire Blast, although it leaves me open to Scizor. The only other threat to this is Quagsire, but if it Toxics, then I get past it easily. If it doesn't Toxic, I'll spam Psychic and I will eventually get a Special Defence drop, and that's when Quagsire will switch out, so I decide what will be the likely switch-in and act accordingly. Quagsire is a big threat, so when I think it will Toxic, I go straight to Mew. It may be my MVP, but when I need something sacd, Mew is normally the first to go, unless the opponent is slaughtered by it or if the opponent has a Quagsire. It decimates stall teams that don't have Slowbro or a Lati, and sometimes I choose to change some moves around depending on what's pissing me off at the time. I've used Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Ice Beam and even Surf. Mew is just that good, and it can act as the ultimate bandaid for any team because of its insane coverage. It's type is a hinderance, but I don't care. Psychic is a great move on him. Try Nasty Plot Mew out, it won't disappoint.

Cloyster (F) @ White Herb
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell

So many pure sweeps with this guy it isn't funny. Sets up on any physical attack, with or without screens. Normally I'd use Jolly, but I don't need to worry about ScarfChomp anymore, and under Screens, I don't have to worry about Scarf Terrakion. It's an awesome mon, and it's Icicle Spear is ridiculously powerful, and it has no downsides at all (apart from... Gastro Acid?). Rock Blast is a cool 125 BP move which I probably use more than Icicle Spear. It targets bulky waters and other mons that resist Icicle Spear. Razor Shell is actually an awesome move. I predict a Jirachi switch-in and (in rain) it's 2HKOd, and with some luck, I can 2HKO without rain. That sexy 50% chance for a Defence drop is awesome, especially just knowing the fact that it has that chance makes me feel more secure. Most times I predict a switch-in I will use Razor Shell, unless Icicle Spear will 2HKO. Sometime I use Kings Rock on it, to troll hardcore with a 47% chance to beat Skarmory and Ferrothorn in one shot. I only need one Critical hit to beat Ferrothorn, and two to beat Skarmory (although thats never happened). One downside though. Rock Blast and Razor Shell piss me off, and if I had a dollar for every time Rock Blast and Razor Shell missed, I'd have 1000... cents. Oh well, Cloyster rarely disappoints, and if it pulls its weight in a match, I will rarely lose.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Steadfast
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Ice Punch / Crunch

Oh god, where do I start with Lucario? It's still as good this gen as it was last gen, and Mew and Lucario just rip apart stall teams with relative ease. Scizor and Lucario work well together. Scizor normally comes in first, and it finds out whether or not Rotom-W is Scarfed or Bulky. If it's bulky, Scizor will outspeed and KO with a +2 Bug Bite. If not, it will most likely die, but then I know that I can OHKO Rotom-W with a +2 Lucario's ExtremeSpeed. I'm still not sure whether to beat Jellicent or Gliscor. Gliscor is becoming more uncommon now that Excadrill is banned, but I still see them often. The decision will swap depending on Mew. It Mew is using Shadow Ball, I'll use Ice Punch on Lucario, and vice versa. The only time I don't bring him in after Scizor is when the opponent doesn't have a Rotom-W. Then, he's normally the first mon I bring out after the Screens have been set, because Lucario is just that frail, especially against Offencive teams. If my opponent is using a more defencive team, I will save it until later, when the opponent shows Blissey's ugly pink face or when I can set up on a choice-locked Crunch or something. Sometimes Lucario doesn't even need a boost to sweep, it's just that good. Lucario is a great mon to use on an Offencive team, just because of the offencive pressure it puts on the opponent with its amazing coverage and power. With SR up, it can KO lots more with ExtremeSpeed, like Landorus, (I think) Latias and Offencive versions of Mew and Jirachi if I have Magic Coated some Spikes. When I see a Ferrothorn, I will Close Combat. If it uses Protect, while it switches, I'll SD up. It plays mind games with Ferrothorns that don't have Protect. Overall, he's a great mon, and he really hasn't changed one bit.

Scizor (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SDef / 248 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower / Brick Break

This Offencive Scizor is perfect on a HO team. With the listed EVs, It reaches 250 Speed, which outspeeds most Standard Rotom-Ws and SDef Jirachis, as well as unboosted Bulky DD Dragonites (not that that matters). It's the most solid Dragon resist on the team, and it sets up on Choiced Dragon moves and punishes Haxorus or Latios, whichever is using them. Under Screens, its job becomes that much easier. After it has completely swept opposing teams, people ask for the set (which is funny, because it's obviously max speed if it outsped their Rotom). Anyway, the choice between Superpower and Brick Break is hard, because of the advantages for both are very good. Superpower is amazingly powerful, but Brick Break smashes through opposing screens, which is invaluable against other HO teams, which is basically 'whoever gets the first boost wins'. It also has no stat drops, which is cool, especially against mons like Heatran and Jolteon, where just 1 boost can make a huge difference. It is also the 3rd priority move on the team, which is good when versing opposing HO teams. Although the set is strange, it works very well on this team.

Threats: Rotom-W (just annoying, not too threatening), Trick Room Reuniclus and BP Teams. Ban BP people! (I normally lead with Cloyster against BP teams so I can stop Ninjask from getting too destructive)

Aesoft Replay Viewer battles that I like:
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Aeromence22-vs-XtraToe--2011-11-24
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Pokemon-Battler123-vs-Aeromence22--2011-11-24 (You can learn a lot from an outright sweep... like, to not let Cloyster set up)
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-TripleHorse-vs-Aeromence22--2011-11-23 (early version of the team)

Export:

Code:
Deoxys-S @ Light Clay
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 148 SDef / 28 Spd
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Mew @ Life Orb
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball

Cloyster (M) @ White Herb
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Steadfast
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Ice Punch

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SDef / 248 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
Thanks for reading, please critique, especially if you took the time to read the whole thing.

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hey,

Not much to say with these HO Screens teams, but Deoxys should be running 252 HP / 80 Def / 148 SpDef / 28 Spe, the 28 speed lets you reach 448, outspeeding scarf timid rotom-w in time to screen up, and take less damage from Hydro Pump. OTR Reuniclus is also somewhat of an issue because it can OHKO Scizor after some hazards damage, and potentially sweep your whole team with the psychic/ghost/fighting coverage, you can stack up on priority ES to deal with it, but you lose at least one mon per game if Reun is active. The good thing is that I don't see a place where Reuniclus can come in easily, and with Screens up, Deoxys-s is not a safe place to come in either. It is just something I wanted you to notice. Something to consider on Deoxys-s is using Taunt over Magic Coat to make absolutely sure that SR doesn't get up on your side, since having that Multiscale intact on Dragonite, even for a little while, is worth it for getting that initial setup.

Not much else to say about the team, Dual Screens HO relies a lot on type coverage and your team certainly has enough of that; Unaware Quag is beaten pretty easily with repeated physical onslaughts. Cool team, and gl!

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey Aero,

After battling this team i can say its a fantastic team that works really well. I'm actually curious to see your other HO, based on how much i like this one. The use of mew as a sweeper is a great idea, seeing as it can run countless sets and always keeps your opponent guessing. Like Pellegrino said its hard to rate HO teams, and besides what he said i wouldnt make any more changes, because you would then mess with the flow of your team. But great team and hope to battle again soon :]

i love that mew but im going to suggest the same set pkgaming recommended and would suggest changing it to

Mew@Leftovers
Modest
220 HP / 252 SpA / 36 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Aura Sphere
- Flamethrower

this really decimates stall, giving you a ton of bulk while allowing you to easily take on blissey and most other factors of stall - you current timid set is fine but mews 100/100 defenses need to be taken advantage of - one of the best reasons to use it on heavy offense is its bulk and ability to break stall - this set pretty much does it perfectly.

Deoxys NEEDS Taunt it's vital for HO teams to block SR and stop set up sweepers which can quickly decimate a HO team if allowed to set up.

Mew is a little bit out of place, since he is special and the point of HO is to be either fully Physical or Special with your attacks on the team. However, you said he is your MVP, so keep him for sure + Mew sweeper is still a bit unexpected and underrated so why not. Fire Blast vs Shadow Ball is one of those situations where you simply can't have everything and must decide for one that turns out to be better in testing.

Run Crunch on Lucario and Superpower on Scizor. The only reason for choosing Brick Break would be breaking opposing screens, so if you need that it's there.

As said above, you need taunt on deoxys. Also you should really run psyshock on mew (the bulky set also looks pretty cool) so you don't get walled by blissey who doesn't wall anything else on your team. Other than that, you have alot covered and this looks really solid.

Ps deo isn't uber.

Hey,

Something to consider on Deoxys-s is using Taunt over Magic Coat to make absolutely sure that SR doesn't get up on your side, since having that Multiscale intact on Dragonite, even for a little while, is worth it for getting that initial setup.

Came here to say this basically.

Guys, he CAN'T use Taunt because his Deoxy-S has no Speed EVs. Running Taunt is pointless because he'll always lose to opposing Deoxy-S leads.

Anyways, I can't say much, nice team as always. I personally would prefer Psyshock on Mew so that you can beat any Blissey with no problem like what kd24 suggested. Props for using offensive SD Scizor, you outspeed Specially Defensive tran and score the surprise KO with Brick Break. Speaking of which, I'd say you use Brick Break because you can stay around longer.

Great team, nice work!

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Guys, he CAN'T use Taunt because his Deoxy-S has no Speed EVs. Running Taunt is pointless because he'll always lose to opposing Deoxy-S leads.

Anyways, I can't say much, nice team as always. I personally would prefer Psyshock on Mew so that you can beat any Blissey with no problem like what kd24 suggested. Props for using offensive SD Scizor, you outspeed Specially Defensive tran and score the surprise KO with Brick Break. Speaking of which, I'd say you use Brick Break because you can stay around longer.

Great team, nice work!
The point of Taunt is not to taunt other Deoxys-S, thats merely an extra benefit if you win the speed tie. The point of Taunt is to stop pokemon from setting up all over Deoxys. Screens dont matter if a Dragonite gets to +3 or 4 while you set them up.

Cool team though but I would advocate Taunt over Magic Coat and also maybe try out PKGamings bulky NP mew over yours. It definitely kicks ass :)

Thanks for the rates everyone! so I'll go with san pellegrino's spread and i'll test out that bulky mew

Hey Aero,

After battling this team i can say its a fantastic team that works really well. I'm actually curious to see your other HO, based on how much i like this one. The use of mew as a sweeper is a great idea, seeing as it can run countless sets and always keeps your opponent guessing. Like Pellegrino said its hard to rate HO teams, and besides what he said i wouldnt make any more changes, because you would then mess with the flow of your team. But great team and hope to battle again soon :]
I'm using my other one for ST8. About the mew, I love it and I'll keep testing, but I might bump up the speed a bit to outspeed modest Heatran or neutral base 90s. thanks again everyone for the rates

Timid Natured Deo-S with 28 Speed EVs hits 443 speed, and timid scarf rotom-W is 447.
So, it's not outspeeding Scarf Rotom-W unless you take 20 EVs from Def or Sp.Def and put them in speed to hit 448.

Cool team btw, mines pretty similar ^_^

I guess they both have pros and cons. What about celebi?
I previously had celebi, but i just like mew better

Timid Natured Deo-S with 28 Speed EVs hits 443 speed, and timid scarf rotom-W is 447.
So, it's not outspeeding Scarf Rotom-W unless you take 20 EVs from Def or Sp.Def and put them in speed to hit 448.

thanks for picking up on that. I had no idea :)

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus

No, 28 EVs is enough to hit 448. You should go recalc that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)