Wishing Well (An OU Warstory)

I'll take any half decent war story just because nobody posts any anymore

but the ending... bleh. taking advantage of a glitch (why hasn't it been fixed?) is just meh for me. It should have been a draw at best for you

Also, assuming 252 Timid Latias and 0 Naive Heatran...

Timid Choice Specs Latias Surf
vs. Naive Life Orb Heatran : 294 - 346 91% - 107.1%

Which means after Life Orb damage you were guaranteed to be gone. And what item was on Pert, Rindo Berry (lol)?

It seemed like you had the advantage and by the comments it seemed that you didn't know what was going on. I still liked it though. ;)

From past battles with MMN, I believe it was Chesto/Lum berry.
I'm pretty sure it was Lum Berry. From battles in the past and another forum where I know him he uses Lum Berry on his Swampert a lot.

Interesting to read, but the battling was a bit sub-par. If Gengar had sub, he woulda screwed Breloom over. Already mentioned, latias might have outsped and ohko'ed gengar. Personally, I think that explosion on the last poke should be a draw.

Lol hurrah for no self-KO clause.
They need to change that. =P

I played like a complete dickhead lol, 3-1 up, all I had to do to win was switch out of Pert into T-tar and then back, after the LO recoil it would have been an easy KO with surf ... but sadly the score got to my head and I couldn't see a way of losing at the end ... and then BOOM went the wretched thing, lol. After it KO'd T-tar I had the urge to punch my self in the nuts, but I resisted and clicked "Find match" instead ...

GG Justin. =)

It seemed like you had the advantage and by the comments it seemed that you didn't know what was going on. I still liked it though. ;)

I'm pretty sure it was Lum Berry. From battles in the past and another forum where I know him he uses Lum Berry on his Swampert a lot.
Yup, good ol' Lum. ;)

A great battle against a very skilled and unorthodox ladder battler :)

Great to read =D
Still surprised that the Latias didn't KO heatran with a Specs Surf though -.- I would have trusted it to do that.

A great battle against a very skilled and unorthodox ladder battler :)

Great to read =D
Still surprised that the Latias didn't KO heatran with a Specs Surf though -.- I would have trusted it to do that.
Ye ... I thought it'd KO too ... well hoped. =P
Sub mence ftw. xD

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not wanting to derail the topic too much, but there really are very few warstories these days though-- what gives? I take almost half a year off from playing pokemon/coming on smogon, and a warstory I wrote is still in the top half of the first page of the archives. That's kind of disappointing. :/

Not wanting to derail the topic too much, but there really are very few warstories these days though-- what gives? I take almost half a year off from playing pokemon/coming on smogon, and a warstory I wrote is still in the top half of the first page of the archives. That's kind of disappointing. :/
My guess would be that people don't want their teams to be revealed this much, as this also reveals your strategy and game plan. MMN said himself that everyone knows his plans now and is giving him a hard time in battles.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also, Chou, most Specs Latias are modest, so why would he have stayed in?

Battle was average at best. You had a huge team advantage, and really wasted Breloom. MMN outpredicted and outplayed you the whole game, and you really didn't deserve that win.

Comments were pretty lacking. It seems like you really didn't know what you were doing.

Subpar warstory.

I'll take any half decent war story just because nobody posts any anymore

but the ending... bleh. taking advantage of a glitch (why hasn't it been fixed?) is just meh for me. It should have been a draw at best for you
Yeah... the warstories are not in sufficient supply. We need more! Oh, and the battle was decent, and I see now why switching out of the Focus Punch, despite being impervious to it, was a good idea

Solid battle, Breloom did alot to his team. The ending was pretty funny, ive never had a glitch change the outcome of the battle b4. nice job writing the story

I think I battled you a couple times on the ladder xD But...

I agree with that. ^ That was a pretty cheap way to win.

yea i just lost a battle because of that today xp my roserade vs his bronzong. and did i mention sleep powder missed that turn? AND the first turn? xp

It actually seems lika all teams nowdays are weak to SubPunching Breloom, lol. I'm frigging gonna test it out again. The battle was liek not that great good but with the nice comments and all it was good.

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
Pretty cool match Justin, although I must agree with some of the other negative comments about you not deserving to win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)