Wishing Well (An OU Warstory)

Since I'm rather new to competitive battling, I learned a lot by reading this (I still have yet to make a team I can use well). Obviously I wouldn't understand too much about why Breloom was misused. One thing I think you could have done better was since you knew there was an enemy Gengar, you probably should've been a little careful with the FPs. Gengar was snoozing anyway; I think Seed Bomb would've been a better choice.

Great battle. 9/10

good match, though i am slightly annoyed that your team is practically identical to the one I have been using for the last 6 months. The only exception is that your heatran set is different from mine. I'm sure its just a coincidence, but still...

It actually isn't a coincidence snorlax, I received word that the team was yours a while ago, and figured I would try it out. It has worked very well for me, and the only change I made was the switch from Restalk Heatran to LO Heatran for a more offensive base. I hope you're not too upset about this.

To everyone who commented positively on the warstory, I thank you. This was my first serious effort on a warstory, and I think I did a decent job. The ending may not have been what you expected, but when there's that one chance you can win a match, you have to take it.

To everyone who commented negatively on the warstory, I also thank you. You gave me criticism in a very dignified manner, (maybe not Rey...) and it will help me very much in my next warstory that I write. The battle could have been a little better, and I admit I made some very questionable plays. The reason why I wrote this though was not to show off, as some of you may think. I wrote this to show how when you get too cocky and think you automatically win when you're up 3-1, think again! No offense of course MMN, but it just shows how complex of a game Pokemon really is.

Thanks again to all the comments everyone, hope to see you soon in an even better warstory!

Quite a nice battle and although the ending was a glitch win, the battle was good. I could feel the tension of the battle while I was reading it. Also, you should thank the person above your post who made this team for your win.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I sympathize with MMN. That kind of a loss has happened to me before(coughmagnezonevsblisseycough).

Anyway, like Lunaris, I'm new to the whole competitive scene. I must say, MMN should have tried to sac gengar(I'm referring to the turn when you FP'd he incoming Salamence) just to scout as a sleeping gengar will fall fast, one way or the other. Otherwise, it was ok.

good match, though i am slightly annoyed that your team is practically identical to the one I have been using for the last 6 months. The only exception is that your heatran set is different from mine. I'm sure its just a coincidence, but still...
No coincidence, he copies teams on a regular basis, I just found out today. He'd used my team against me once and I was quite a annoyed but I thought it was a one-off .. however today I found out that he's still using it. He's also copied Husk's team and the teams of a few other well known battlers. Even after I told him today that I wasn't cool with it, he's continuing to use it.

I didn't know he was like this until today, I wish something could be done to stop people copying teams ...

I don't see what is so wrong with copying teams. They are a source of inspiration for when I am teambuilding. When I get in a playing slump, using a great really helps. It should be a compliment that I am using your team, but apparently you think it is such a bad thing. If it really means so much to you, I will stop using your team MMN.

It's the fact that you use it w/o consent and don't give any credit to the creator ... like in this warstory whilst using Snorlax's.

It's the fact that you use it w/o consent and don't give any credit to the creator ... like in this warstory whilst using Snorlax's.
While I agree with the fact that you should give credit to the one you got inspiration from, I completely disagree with the permission thing (unless the person PMed you the team or something). If you posted it in a RMT, you automatically allow everyone to copy it, since RMT are public. If you really do not want people to copy it, remember that no one forced you to post the RMT in the first place. And if you find that your opponent is copying a particular combo you used against him or something similar, that's cool, too. Aside from the fact that it is nigh impossible to copy a team perfectly (in particular the EV spreads) just by battling against it, you do not have any kind of copyright on the team in this regard. If you use SubCM Jirachi with Roserade support and I want to try it out too, maybe with the same mons you used because they work, I have any right to do it. There isn't any rule against it, so you cannot whine.

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
I use people's team, but only if I ask first. No one has ever disagreed to let me use one, because I asked permission first. It's kind of prickish to use a team of someone else's, that you didn't even ask to use, in a warstory. That's just my view on it...

Good warstory, had me interested for sure. The only thing I can tell you is to work on those predictions on switch-ins and whatnot and you could have ended it a lot sooner

Amazing battle, and you totally deserved that win since MMN must've been a pretty awful trainer if he didn't know about Sub preventing Intimidate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)