With Garchomp Now in Uber....

The one thing that made Garchomp so scary was that his Dual-STAB attacks were resisted by so few pokemon, not to mention his obvious bulk (especially with Yache)

I think no pokemon have the ability of almost Unresisted dual STAB attacks (except Bibarel, almost)

The other thing was that he resisted Stealth Rocks, which the other two OU dragons do not, and he was a great player in the sandstorm team

Thus, there is no true pokemon to replace Garchomp, there a substitutes, but no replacement

( Also dont know why Lati twins are ubers as well)
Two words: soul dew

ahh but eliminating that item or substituting it for another item and what happens? Its just a standard ordinary OU.

The one thing that made Garchomp so scary was that his Dual-STAB attacks were resisted by so few pokemon, not to mention his obvious bulk (especially with Yache)

I think no pokemon have the ability of almost Unresisted dual STAB attacks (except Bibarel, almost)

The other thing was that he resisted Stealth Rocks, which the other two OU dragons do not, and he was a great player in the sandstorm team

Thus, there is no true pokemon to replace Garchomp, there a substitutes, but no replacement

mamoswine has almost unresisted STAB, but of course it can't really compare with garchomp.

Mamoswine is walled terribly by Bronzong and even Weezing and Cressilia. Anything with Levitate that isn't Ice or Rock weak can usually take it on.

The one thing that Mamoswine can do well is a mixed sweeper (something that Chain Chomp couldn't really do), that is about (besides the priority move...)

What about Starmie? Now that it has one less (significant) threat to look out for, it can use more bulky EV spreads. Before it had to have at least 269 Special Attack to deal with Garchomp, but now that he's Uber, Starmie doesn't have to worry about that anymore and start using bulkier sets more often.

A Rhyperior with Swords Dance could try taking Garchomp's place as well, but he wouldn't do it so well, since he's extremely slow and his special defense is lackluster, not to mention his inferior typing. But he still benefits from Sand Stream thanks to the special defense boost that he gets.

There's also one other big thing: Ice Beam won't be seen as much since Garchomp is banned, so we can start using Pokemon that are weak against it without as much fear, like Dragonite, Salamence, Sceptile, Torterra (also immune to Sand Stream, but gets no benefit from it aside from not getting hurt by it), Gliscor, and possibly others. I'm not an expert at this whole thing, but while it'll still be common for its wide coverage, Ice Beam won't have to be used as much, or at least, I don't think it'll be used as much as it was before the ban.

It's simply for the best. The Japanese people can mock us all they want, since Garchomp's ban means we can use more creative teams without fear of having Garchomp rip through it like tissue paper!

I think ice beam will still be used alot because it has pretty good type coverage and there's still salamence to look out for.

well it doesnt matter. theres no reason why it should be uber. Eliminating pokes that shouldnt be is just messing up the pokemon game. Ruins the game.

Skiddle's Gliscor will start to become more popular now as a replacement for Chomp IMO though nothing can truly replace garchomp.

Wow I logg on one time in ages and holy shit Chomp's banned. @_@ Apparantly the people have spoken (the competent battlers at least) and looks like my fav poke's outta here.. All for the best I suppose. I'm very interested in how the next few weeks are going to play out.

Even with my zero knowledge of what's been going on in the past few months I'm pretty sure ice moves will stay very common because of their type coverage and...SALAMENCE. 0.o

Oh yeh, to the person who said Chomp might be the most game breaking poke ever; RBY Mewtwo, GSC Curselax, and ZOMG CMCUNE(kidding) are good challengers.

How dumb was it to get Garchomp banned just as Platinum gets released?:justin:

I'm LOLing over here. Couldn't you wait a bit for the testing or are you going to test it again on Platinum?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's not a bad idea, considering how many things got Outrage.

Be patient, never say never. Things can and will get unbanned, but it's way, way, way too early to tell.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

In regard to your dual-stab comment, Mamoswine says ". . . HUH!?"

But then we all cry that Mamoswine's best physical Ice attack has only 65 base power and he has no fire blast. xD

well it doesnt matter. theres no reason why it should be uber. Eliminating pokes that shouldnt be is just messing up the pokemon game. Ruins the game.
Sword Dance + Outrage + over 100 base speed + great typing and STAB... yeeeeeeah. If anything it was ruining the experience seeing it on almost every team.

Its not like you got a bunch of inexperienced people to vote on it either, you got some of the best players around.

If you really wanted to make your case you should've just played on the ladders last month...

How dumb was it to get Garchomp banned just as Platinum gets released?:justin:

I'm LOLing over here. Couldn't you wait a bit for the testing or are you going to test it again on Platinum?
Personally, I wanted Garchomp to get banned ASAP.

It'll take some time for people to get used to it, but Garchomp is simply too strong for OU, and you'll see why if you see his strategy Pokedex page.

Perhaps you should read one of the many Garchomp debates that have occurred in this forum in the past before you continue making statements like this.

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
not like that. The ubers now have an exception because 400+ or whatever damage they can do or take in the other hand, its so easy countering a garchomp. Even though chomp doing some game-breaking in metagame doesnt mean anything. Thats why its exciting because the game can turn around by one single move and thats what makes the game so much better. Theres so many ways to counter garchomp with or with out yache berry or with scarf on it. You just gotta be prepaired for one.
blabla you can't counter sand veil blabla
its so easy countering a garchomp.
seriously, l2p... =x

the only problem i see with the garchomp banning is that now platinum can change the table with the new moves, i got the feeling there will be a future retest when platinum is fully available in the metagame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)