SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Is there any way to get rid of those mysterious bad eggs anyhow other than sending them right back into WT to throw them at another unfortunate individual?
I heard about keeping it isolated in an empty box on the PC.. but I don't feel like risking it.
I remember getting a couple (lol) back in my emulator days, in Emerald. Isolating it used to work, and I don't se why it wouldn't anymore.

What exactly are these "bad eggs" that you guys are talking about?
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bad_Egg

Basically, "you cheated badly = bad Egg". There was some talk that Wonder Trade could produce bad Eggs due to the insane amount of simultaneous trades happening, which could corrupt some data.

They're reportedly a bug, but I've never found one
Seems to be just rumours circulating, most likely told as a horror story to try and prevent people from hacking the 3DS. I'd put absolutely no stock into it, and let it go the way of "Mew under the truck".
Well, that they exist, they do. It also made sense to me that some connection error would make them appear in Wonder Trades (but that would be COMPLETELY retarded from Game Freak). But hey, if no one here had it, guess I can be safe. You can also apparently trade them away and I'm going to buy digital X anyway so I can get rid of any that appear.

I got an outstanding Anticipation Eevee (perfect in HP, Def, SpDef, Spd) in exchange for my Flare Blitz / Dragon Dance Charmander.

I hope Wonder Trades will continue to be like this in the future :)

EDIT: Hasty Super Luck Absol with perfect IVs in relevant stats. Not bad :]

Last edited:
Traded a lot of my leftover parents from breeding with 3-5 perfect IVs. Hoped to get good stuff to try and do the Masuda Method with, and ended up getting a 4-Perfect Jolly Shroomish with Quick Feet, a couple honedge with 3 perfect IVs, a king's rock attached to a hariyama, Jolly Inkay with a few perfect IVs, and an international ditto. Off to try and get some shinies!

Heard of that rumor about bad eggs through wonder trade. But idk whether to take stock in them or not.

On another note, I ended up getting three Pokèrus Pokèmon throu Wonder Trade, and if I could figure out how to check for IVs, I would. :/ all of the IV calcs I've found seem to only work for 5th gen Pokèmon, soooo. :| don't have patience for breeding either lol

Today I got a Jolly female Trapinch with perfect HP/Atk/Def/SpD/Spe. It's extra fortunate because I'm using it to chain-breed Quick Attack onto a Pinsir! Not sure why anyone would send out a quint-flawless, even if they have multiples.

After dozens of Wonder Trades without getting rid of anything or sending anything back out, I thought I'd try the lotto for the first time. I got a PP Max and two PP Ups so far. If you have room in your boxes, it's definitely worth keeping as much stuff as you can. There's always the chance for the Master Ball, and getting PP items there means Pokemiles can be used on more Rare Candies.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Ok, what the hell is going on? So I can Wonder Trade my Shuckles, but all of the ones named "Aw, Shucks" (no quotations), I get the message, "We could not find a trade partner for you... Please wait a little while, and then try again!" What's going on here?

EDIT: I renamed them all Shuck Norris, and it works fine. Something with punctuation?
Anyway, this is what I got in return.

Charmander (I didn't have one)
Hawlucha (Again, unobtained)
Talonflame (Flame Body, 31/x/31/x/x/x)
Espurr (lol no)
Gastly (nice catch, with 31/x/31/x/31/31)
Floette
other crappy stuff

Last edited:
Just sent out a box-and-a-half of 4-5 perfect IV Bold Klefkis. Somehow, I ended up breeding not one but two totally flawless ones (they were 3 eggs apart in the breeding chain).

So far, the highlights of my returns have been:

31/?/31/31/31/? Adamant Huge Power Marill w/ Aqua Jet + Bellydrum

31/31/31/?/31/31 Naughty Marvel Scale Dratini w/ Dragon Dance + Aqua Tail

Potential parents indeed!

Last edited:
I've got a few good pokes off of the wonder trade. Some had 3 or 4 31 IVs, but the best thing I've got so far was a Korean Impish Gligar with 31/31/31/x/31/31 so I was pretty stoked with that, I also got a poke with pokerus which was awesome :) .Half the time I just get junk japanese Weedles or something lame like that.

Must say, got some pretty decent 'wanted' pokes from WT - trading off my 3/4 iv outrage gibles. Protean Froakies, drought vulpix, lots of HA mons. Good stuff!

Just sent out a box-and-a-half of 4-5 perfect IV Bold Klefkis. Somehow, I ended up breeding not one but two totally flawless ones (they were 3 eggs apart in the breeding chain).

So far, the highlights of my returns have been:

31/?/31/31/31/? Adamant Huge Power Marill w/ Aqua Jet + Bellydrum

31/31/31/?/31/31 Naughty Multiscale Dratini w/ Dragon Dance + Aqua Tail

Potential parents indeed!
I definitely sent out a few Marill like that :) hope whoever got them is enjoying them!

Well there's no good way to mark that the Pokemon has 30 or 0 of a certain IV, which is still useful. I just named some of my ditto 30 [stat] so I know what they have for Hidden Power breeding. Though, I don't see the point of naming the Pokemon something specific for 31's.
Note that you can't have more than 5 numbers in a nickname. I found that out when I was trying to name my RNG test Gyarados 942555323596. Looking at that terrible mess of a name, I kind of understand why.

I sent out a grand total of 100 Smeargles with 3-5 IV. Stuff I got that's not completely garbage:
JPN Goomy 2IV
Gligar 4IV
JPN Ditto 2IV
Rotom 3IV
Huge Pumpkaboo (Gourgeist because of trade)
Charmeleon 3IV
SPA Solosis 3IV
Noibat 4IV
JPN Sigilyph 3IV
KOR Goomy 2IV

I definitely sent out a few Marill like that :) hope whoever got them is enjoying them!
You didn't get any of my Klefki, did you?

Anyway, just sent out another 2 boxes-worth of breeding rejects, this time full of Bunnelby. Hopefully, at least some of the people noticed that they weren't the usual trash trades that so many other people send (mine were Adamant Huge Power 3-4 IV w/ Spikes).

My returns weren't quite as great this time, but still fairly decent:

Shroomish - Jolly 3IV
Swinub - Adamant 3 IV w/ Thick Fat
Zangoose - Adamant 4 IV w/ Toxic Boost
Camerupt - Timid 3 IV w/ Anger Point
Bulbasaur - Sassy (odd choice....) 5 IV w/ Chlorophyll

The five best so far were a Wobbuffet, the aforementioned Haunter and Zweloius, a trained Nincada and newly hatched level 1 Mawile with adamant nature, high stats (I checked) hyper cutter and EGG MOVES.
This is extremely late, but if it's OT is jack, that was probably my mawile :P

Anyways, the first WT I ever did got me a level 1 naive charmander with DD and outrage and very high stats, I was sending out pumpkaboos and phantumps that day

Gonna send out some Dragon Dance Barboachs, DD/Pursuit/Stealth Rock Larvitars, and Agility Mareeps tonight. Let's see if I get anything good back.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I absolutely LOVE wondertrading! These are some mons I have received:

2 Adamant Aron : 1 w/ 5 iv's, 1 with 3
2 Timid Protean Froakie, 1 w/ 4 iv's
2 Jolly Absol : 1 w/5 iv's, 1 w/ 4
a corsola (i didnt have this yet!)
several bulbasaurs charmanders and squirtles

and many many others! Some I've released and some I've kept as breeding fodder, so all I can say is: Thank You pokemon trainers everywhere!!!

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
just got a 31/31/31/31/x/31 Adamant Marvel Scale Dratini with Dragon Dance. Sometimes it takes a while of wading through crap to get to good stuff, but the good stuff you'll get can be really, really good.

Got 7 mons with 3 or 4 IV.

But the best thing EVER, and something I've never expected to get was a 6 IV Timid Sync Ralts with Lucky Chant, Magical Leaf, and Heal Pulse.

So much win!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)