1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

"Worst Pokémon Ever (as of Generation 6)"

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by SapphSabre777, Feb 13, 2014.

1. xhig

xhig

Feel free to criticize me, but I think that one of the worst of the worst is...Regigigas. Reasons?

#1: It's gimmicky
    For someone like me, who, during Gen III, had no time to do the sidequests to get stuff like the Regis, Regigigas was a bitch. You need all 3 Regis to awaken it, which is especially unfair to people without a DS or DS Lite, as they can't get the stuff up at all. They need to trade with their friends to do that, which, for someone like me with few friends, was impossible. Gen V made it easier, but you still needed friends. Making it the "king of all of the others" was just kinda lame in my opinion; if anything, they should be self-governing. And what kind of king is Normal=type?
    #2: Competitive usage is limited
    There once was a Pokemon named Single Battle Regigigas. It had its ass handed to it. With the lame ability, it should only be used in Doubles and Triples, and in Singles, it'll be down before the 5 turns are over. In addition, for some reason, Regigigas doesn't even get Rest, which would be amazingly helpful during those first ten minutes.

There are plenty of other reasons, but I can't think of them now. That's just my opinion, but I think it stands.
  2. Mozilla Fennekin

Mozilla Fennekin

hi i'd like to post
    [​IMG]

This dumb motherfucker. (I bet several people just realized that they completely forgot about it too.)
    Now, just a couple days ago, I read an interview with Masuda, and he said that the first thing that they go over with a Pokemon design is the world/area they live in. GSC had coral reefs acting as walls to the sea routes and I think Olivine was built on coral or something, so it's not like Corsola exists for no reason.
    But I mean... they couldn't at least make it useful? Since you're supposed to battle with Pokemon and all. And this thing's pretty rare, since you have to fish for it in certain places. But its typing, though it makes sense, sucks total dick, especially defensively, which is what this thing is supposed to be. It has a BST of 380. Wow. And I guess it's useful for breeding Rock Blast onto Shellder...? But yet, its movepool is kinda good, and it has two badass abilities. Where the hell is the evolution, Game Freak?
    So much wasted potential with this child.
    Codraroll likes this.
  3. Albacore

Albacore now browsing nemesis trousers
    is a Community Contributor

Regigigas is pretty good in Hackmons, though. I think the "worst Pokemon ever" needs to be completely worthless in all contexts.
  4. xhig

xhig

Didn't realize we were counting hackmons. In the actual games, it's not that great.
  5. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

It's not exactly Luvdisc level of terrible though. I would put like 20 Pokemon before Regigigas on a list of the worst Pokemon.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  6. xhig

xhig

What you have to keep in mind, though, is that as a legendary, it's a disappointment, to say the least. It's got a BST that is 90 higher than that of the other Regis, other than in the first five turns (where Attack and Speed are halved), where its BST is 40 less. King of the other Regis? I don't think so. At least not in the first 5 turns.
  7. JackieKT

JackieKT

I actually didn't know that Slow Start lasted for 5 turns. Mainly because he never lasts that long. Now that I do know that, sweet lord that's awful, as normally he has fantastic stats if it weren't for that horrid ability.
  8. Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Oh, Mr. Mime for sure. It has literally no good qualities. Worst design ever, worst name ever, based on the worst real-world thing ever, and it's also nearly worthless in-battle and in-game.

Runners up: Jynx, Miltank, Vanilluxe, Cryogonal, Probopass, Samurott, Emboar, Tangrowth, snubull.

I have a personal grudge against mega-houndoom because of that accursed ability. I've been waiting for a houndoom evo for more than a decade, only to have it lose its immunity in favor of a nearly useless ability.
  9. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

Masquerain is the Pokemon I forget exists the most. Why does every game need a terrible butterfly Pokemon (Vivillon is it done right)
  10. xhig

xhig

Masquerain is mainly based on moths with eyespots on the wings and the flight is based on that of a damselfly Imeanwut

In all seriousness, though, the best thing about Masquerain is the ability Intimidate. If given the right moves, it can be okay, but not great.
    Tortferngatr likes this.
  11. JackieKT

JackieKT

That being said, it's bad, but not even close to being the worst. I mean, BURMY. Was MUCH worse. Good GOD.
    Tortferngatr likes this.
  12. ouchalargerock

ouchalargerock

Actually it has a pretty good niche on Baton Pass teams.

Edit: Mr. Mime that is
  13. xhig

xhig

Yeah, Burmy. Dem four moves tho.

I still think Regigigas is lame, though. In the first five moves, it can be outclassed by stuff like Florges, Togekiss, and the like. It's gonna go down before it can do anything significant and will overall disappoint. It's okay in Alphabet Cup with Recover, though. I battled one of those (but took it out easily).

EDIT: Whenever someone says something bad, I'll come up with a new argument for Regigigas being at the bottom. Don't try to convince me otherwise.
  14. TSchmelz1994

TSchmelz1994

Baton pass it enough stat boosts so regigigas at least gets back to normal atk and spd. Then it can actually do something. Only thing i can think of.
  15. xhig

xhig

That's the ONLY thing to do. Other than giving it Attack boosts and Trick Room.
  16. JackieKT

JackieKT

However, if used in a Double or Triple Battle along with a pink blob that can heal Regigigas, it could be a decent team member. Not great, but decent. However, I still stand on Burmy & the ENTIRE Burmy evolution tree, being a close #1 for worst Pokémon.
  17. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

If you look at threads about the most forgotten Pokemon, Stantler and Masquerain are always at the top. I agree it can be decent with the right moves.
  18. JackieKT

JackieKT

But this isn't quite about the most forgotten, it's about the worst, and while forgotten is a major trait in being the worst, Masquerain still has capability, and isn't the worst by a long shot.
  19. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

Well it's not good enough that it shouldn't be a part of the conversation. It's still NU and doesn't have a stat over 82. I also think being forgotten is worse. At least stuff like Luvdisc is fun to hate.
  20. Dvv

Dvv

In terms of design, I think hawlucha was horrible. I mean I understand the typing, but it literally looks like a Mexican wrestler, I just don't understand it. I mean im pretty sure gamefreak could've been more creative when making a Pokemon of that type.
  21. Albacore

Yeah, but competitively, Hawlucha is awesome, so it shouldn't really qualify as a "bad" Pokemon.
    Dvv likes this.
  22. xhig

xhig

I agree with that. Baton Pass as an egg move is awesome, plus the already pretty good speed.
  23. Petrico94

Petrico94

Come on, it's a luchador with a aztec hawk theme, what aren't you getting? Fighter+bird=Flying Fighting type, there weren't any others with that typing when he came out. They even gave him a signature flying+fighting move (it's not the best competitively but it's pretty cool). He's not bad in the slightest, the design is nice, unique typing that had to be made sooner or later, and he's got awesome speed and manageable attack.
  24. Dvv

Dvv

I guess when you put it like that hawlucha is a better Pokemon than what he looks like. Me personally as a newcomer to the maetagame wouldn't use him simply because I wouldn't know how to fit him on a team
  25. Albacore

I honestly can't think of an UU team that wouldn't like to use Hawlucha. Need a late-game sweeper that can only be revenge killed by priority? Use Hawlucha.
    Lord Ghetsis and Taehl like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)