XY Experiences

God damn, now I know why Boomburst (Noivern's signature move) is Normal type.

A power 140 move that hits all enemies with 100% accuracy and no repercussions would be broken beyond words if it had STAB. It already hits harder than a STAB boosted Dragon Pulse.

I just beat the Fairy gym. Very creepy. It's a giant doll house filled with trainers dressed liked dolls and the gym leader has no pupils. I could not get those cut scenes done any quicker. Fairy Tale girl will be giving me nightmares too. For Pokemon so cute the trainers who use them are creepy.

I've finally found a team I'm comfortable and happy with.
Greninja lvl 40
Charizard (MegaX) lvl 39
Talonflame lvl 39
Helioisk lvl 39
Hawlucha lvl 38
Doublade lvl 39

It's not perfect from a balance standpoint, but it's a great mix of Pokemon I like and are useful. Hawlucha especially is a terror; if he's not God-tier for ingame tiering, then I don't know what is. Doublade has gotten harder to use since his low HP and SpD make it difficult to switch in, but I've got Eviolite on him and it helps. Now that Talonflame has a legitimate flying attack in Fly instead of Peck, he's a regular kamikaze. Can't wait to get Flare Blitz on him. Mega Charizard X is everything I dreamed of. His Dragon typing really helped me out vs the Electric gym. And Greninja is Greninja. He doesn't seem like much, but his great Spe and SpA really pull though for me when I need it to. Although, I do keep forgetting he's part Dark and that's gotten me in trouble *cough*Fairy weakness*cough*. I also keep forgetting Steel no longer resists Ghost and Dark, and I've accidentally sent Doublade to an early grave a few times.

Now that I've seen where the level standard is at (low 40's), I think it's time to turn EXP All back on. What I've been doing is turning it on and off whenever I feel like I'm a tad underleveled. This way I still do a lot of grinding to keep pace, but it's not consuming all of my time. I think I've found the right balance of being helpful, but not doing all the work.

I can't believe it. 28 hours of gameplay and only just beat the 6th gym. Crazy.

Right now, Helioptile is a real liability, can't get anything done on its own. Could anyone tell me when he evolves? He's at lvl 25 atm, and still no evo.
Are you Super Training? I ask because my Helioptile wrecked shit when I first got it, but I also maxed his SpA and Spe immediately.

I want to evolve my Helioptile, but I'm waaaaaaaay too afraid of using my only sun stone. I kinda want a Heliolisk later on once I've bred a good natured one too, but I've heard that's the only Sun Stone in the game.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So my weekend turned out to be way more busy than I expected, so between that and getting sucked into super training for way too long my progress has been a little slow. I also spent a while trying to SR for a female Fennekin (purely for flavor as it's evo's are 100% feminine) but gave up because I just wanted to play, so settled for a v srs natured male, which I then strained all my braincells and named it Mozilla (I was planning on naming the female one Hermione). Anyway like I said in my last post here, Quacklin' is the best, I really want to try and use him all game because it is the most honourable way to play just for laughs but I know he will drop off sooner or later. Unless there's a Farfetch'd-nite or whatever hidden somewhere he's getting boxed soon. There is just way too much competition for a spot in the party! I also like to nickname everything, so my game has been put on pause several times until I think of something half-decent (they're usually not). So overall I'm taking my time with this one. There are plenty of NPCs to talk to and I want to go into EVERY building to see what's there. I've been playing with my big Sony headphones the whole time and the sound quality is amazing and I've been loving the soundtrack. I'm not really that upset about the lack of 3D as I mostly play with it off anyway, but the visuals still look awesome. I spent ages in the Glittering Cave just because it looked so good!

Anyway I'm just about to go fight the second gym, my team is something like..
♂ Braixen (Mozilla) Lv ~26
♂ Wartortle (Leonardo) Lv ~24
♂ Skiddo (Pontiac) Lv ~19
♀ Honedge (Scarlet) lv ~20
♂ Amaura (Diplo) lv 20

Rick Ross the Snorlax and Quacklin' have just been subbed out as they were 2 team spots that could be used to learn about new 'mons instead!

I am getting the worst withdrawals at work right now.....

I just caught Xerneas and as for Team Flare and the story, did they just...no, really? Holy crap, I won't spoil it for anyone, but I'm sort of shocked right now.

My team:
Greninja
Talonflame
Lucario
Heliolisk
Tyrantrum
Gourgeist

All at level 56.

I find myself broke most of the time, as I'm spending all my money on poke balls (which I guess is a good problem to have, since it means I'm finding a lot of 'mons.) Does anyone know if tipping actually does anything tangible? It's not something that's done in Japan (and not really much of a thing in France, as far as I know), so I wonder why they implemented it.

I find myself broke most of the time, as I'm spending all my money on poke balls (which I guess is a good problem to have, since it means I'm finding a lot of 'mons.) Does anyone know if tipping actually does anything tangible? It's not something that's done in Japan (and not really much of a thing in France, as far as I know), so I wonder why they implemented it.
I found myself cash-strapped until after about the 3rd gym I think. I only ever tip the minimum amount as I don't really want to throw away money. The restaurant/cafe stuff is ridiculously expensive too!

Raikaria how were you underlevelled at any point after you got EXP Share? That's my one gripe with the level curve (other than that silly gap between Gym 1 and 2): you can literally get 3.5x the EXP per battle with it than without. Say a battle gives 100 EXP, and you use one Pokemon on it. The Pokemon who battles gets 100, every other mon in a full team of 6 gets 50 exp, for a total of 350 EXP. It's pretty ridiculous and it easymodes the entire game. For my second playthrough I'm definitely turning it off.
I turned it off. I only ever turned it on when the game level spiked.

Rick Ross the Snorlax
You named your Snorlax Rick Ross? I named mine Heavy Zs, pun on Heavy D. We both named our Snorlaxes after fat rappers. That's a very funny coincidence.
♂ Skiddo (Pontiac) Lv ~19
I also named my Skiddo after a car: Buggy.

We should exchange friend codes, because you're obviously awesome. Mine is 2208 5164 8237.
I want to evolve my Helioptile, but I'm waaaaaaaay too afraid of using my only sun stone. I kinda want a Heliolisk later on once I've bred a good natured one too, but I've heard that's the only Sun Stone in the game.
There's at least two. There's the one from the Hiker who's looking for something in Shalour City (the intriguing stone) and there's one in the Lumiose Badlands. Also, while I haven't checked it myself, you could possibly buy one from the Stone Shop in Lumiouse.

Last edited:
Rock Smash, for example near Ambrette Town, will net you a surprisingly high amount of pearls, star powder (or whatever the name is), etc that you can sell for quite a profit.

Yeah, I've been wondering why too. I've been giving a lot of tips since I figure it HAVE to do something nice, but if if doesn't I will be so pissed since I could've spent it on clothes instead :( I heard a rumour that it might increase the shiny rate but its just a rumour.. I can say thought, that when I tried to hatch a timid syncronizer I did hatch 2 shiny ralts (I'm not sure how many eggs I ended up but probably more than 2 boxes, also used a japanese male from GTS ).

Have played 12 hours so far and having an absolutely blast!

X/Y could be the best pokemon games ever. I really love 1st and 2nd gen and they were very important to me. Especially 2nd gen which has been my favourite until now. However because I haven't finished the game yet I won't rank X/Y yet but I'm pretty confident it will be at least in top2.

Umm where would I start. Well for starters I say how I really like how many pokemons you can find early game. You find your old favourites from 1st and 2nd gen and also all the newer guys from 4th and 5th gen. I think 6th gen introduced the best new pokemons in a long time so I'm really enjoying those. Versatility is a huge thing to me.

Graphics are also very nice. This game looks great and finally feels it's brought to present. Battles are highlight imo.

I also like how the game can be challenging. I turned Exp Share instantly off so I'm almost always underleveled particularly because I'm using 8-9 pokemons in my team. I don't think this a bad thing though. And after all I don't have any reason to hurry finishing the game because I'm enjoying it so much. Still it's nice to have Exp Share in hand because sometimes fast leveling is needed.

And finally all the global features just kick ass. They make everything so easy and fast. Already waiting eagerly to build my first competitive team in X/Y.

So all in all one of the best games in 2013. Can't wait to play more. And yeah the competitive side looks better than ever. Game Freak has done amazing job!

Last edited:
I heard you can find a Sun stone on route 12, and there are lots of items behind cutable trees. Is the Sun stone among those items? If so, where do I go to find Hm Cut?

I've been having some fun with this team. I've noticed I'll sometimes forget to switch out my leader for a while...for instance, I haven't used my Florges for ages. Here's my current team, still looking for a 6th and probably subbing out Florges and Raichu soon:

Greninja lv. 39
Charizard X lvl. 41
Tyrantrum lvl. 39
Florges lvl. 38
Raichu lvl. 38

sandstreamftw You can find the HM for Cut in the garden in the castle (remember where you got the Pokeflute?).

15 hours of game... I just finished the first gym... Super Training is amaizing!!! You can get elemental stones on "Secret trainings" and if you smash the regular bag you can get the amaizing.... BLANK BAG what removes ALL EVS FROM YOUR POKEMON TO START OVER.

Also if someone need "Shiny" stones, first challange of the second level of "secret training" gives you that.

beat the game today and now im collecting the mega stones. this game is awesome. i wish pokemon bank was open though, i want to take on the battle maison and see my favorites in glorious 3D

I've been having some fun with this team. I've noticed I'll sometimes forget to switch out my leader for a while...for instance, I haven't used my Florges for ages. Here's my current team, still looking for a 6th and probably subbing out Florges and Raichu soon:

Greninja lv. 39
Charizard X lvl. 41
Tyrantrum lvl. 39
Florges lvl. 38
Raichu lvl. 38

sandstreamftw You can find the HM for Cut in the garden in the castle (remember where you got the Pokeflute?).
Has your Florges been learning any new moves? I wasn't sure if I should evolve mine, cause past shiny stone evolutions don't learn anything through level up.

Has your Florges been learning any new moves? I wasn't sure if I should evolve mine, cause past shiny stone evolutions don't learn anything through level up.
Nah, unfortunately. Apparently he learns Moonblast by Move Relearner, but currently mine's moveset is Wish/Nature Power/Petal Storm/Fairy Wind. Moonblast will be helpful, but I might just end up swapping him out for a Klefki or something. I definitely am going to keep a Fairy type, though, they're really powerful.

Team at the fifth gym:

Chesnaught lvl 42
Charizard Y lvl 41
Doublade lvl 41
Panpour lvl 40
Floette lvl 40
Lucario lvl 39

EXP Share is amazing and I can't wait to transfer my stuff over with Pokemon Bank in December. Hate that Floette learns Moonblast at 46.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)